Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / Better weapons?

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Honza Linek
Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, July 11, 2003 at 04:16 (GMT -5)

This afflicts me: is there any place to gain good weapons? Do you have any well proven way?

happened to me severeal times that I was already at 15th or 16th level, I came through the animated forest, killed the ogres and so on but I didnt manage to get better (swordy) weappons than 2 swords [+0,+6]. So it seemed to me too risky to continue to Khelavaster. Isnt it annoying?

As for me, I like to play with c/c (high elf/ranger) but it doesnt matter (or does?).

So I ask: where to go and seek for better weapons - for example after finishing the Puppy quest?
Nolrael
Registered user
Lord of Baal Secundus

Last page view:

7601 days, 19 minutes and 30 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, July 11, 2003 at 05:36 (GMT -5)

In Darkforge you can find good weapons and armor, and even artifacts aren't uncommon. The problem is that you have to kill loads of iron golems, which isn't that easy on low level character. If you have teleport control and some means to teleport, you can just teleport to rooms containing all valuable stuff. Else you must kill many iron golems. If you must kill them, I suggest phase daggers or weapons of penetration. Arrows/quarrels of construct slaying are nice.

"I didn't come to play. I came to win."
Honza Linek
Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, July 11, 2003 at 06:56 (GMT -5)

Dunno if you are joking but I WOULDNT go to Darkforge with the 2 swords [0,6] at that level. (I had the teleportation spell but it required much mana so casting it more than twice in a short time was quite impossible that time)

Once I found a fair scimitar in ID (about [+2,1d8+4] or so] at some 3rd level of it but it was just once.

Another question: is there any more effective way how to get more arrows (my permanent problem) than wandering around in wilderness and fighting with barbarian bands?

BTW, today I decided to start playing ADOM 1.0.0. instead od 1.1.1.
Did anybody else make such decision?
KillerClawLobster
Registered user
Ancient Chaos Lobster

Last page view:

6466 days, 17 hours, 33 minutes and 8 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, July 11, 2003 at 10:05 (GMT -5)

I know you would prefer swords, but I like to wander the top levels of the COC (or any other dungeon, for that matter) and, usually, you will find quite a few spear traps, I just trigger them as many times as I can and usually end up with at least one or two pretty good spears. Other than that, you could wander in the cavern level in the puppy caves or the big room in the COC and kill, kill, kill. Something is bound to drop a good weapon sooner or later...

The All-Powerful Ancient Chaos Lobster is here. Boil some water and melt some butter!
loser
Unregistered user
Posted on Saturday, July 12, 2003 at 06:02 (GMT -5)

not a solution for your level exactly, but higher-leveled PCs can scum the plains wilderness for "entourages of chaos knights", they drop eternium long swords about 50% of the time, and maybe u'll just get a murderous eternium long sword of vampirism...which is *ahem*, pretty good
Lavos
Registered user
Cardiovascular Endurance

Last page view:

7102 days, 16 hours, 30 minutes and 55 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, July 13, 2003 at 16:27 (GMT -5)

Another good way to get weapons is to get in a wilderness encounter with hill orcs. They throw orcish spears that are usually pretty good. I was on level 5 and found a blessed orcish spear of devastation (+1 5d8+8) which is pretty nice at level 5.

(:
Portrait
Ass Whisper
Registered user
the Orcish Bard

Last page view:

7442 days, 20 hours, 49 minutes and 28 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, July 14, 2003 at 15:22 (GMT -5)

Trap-generated spears can't have any pre- or suffixes, merely rusty or broken. That's why they don't give u any REALLY good stuff (spear of devastation etc.). Hill orcs and scorchers are much better. Even ordinary orcs can toss u a orcish knife of penetration sometimes.

Anyways I think that knives or spears are best weapons in the game, two-handed are good also, but they are damn rare at the start.. But (Oh la la!) when u get your hands on AotME or eternium two-handed sword of devastation ;) makuasia..

Icesus
Portrait
Verdagon
Registered user
Atharian Dragon

Last page view:

7580 days, 17 hours, 50 minutes and 47 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, July 14, 2003 at 22:33 (GMT -5)

Whenever i wish for a eter.2-handed swd of devastation, it just gives me a regular one... Is it an artifact?

...And whats makuasia?

"What is this 'brain' that you speak of? Where can I get one?"
"BoW, LeSsEr OnE!"
"You're still alive??!! But I paid them so much..."
Portrait
Ass Whisper
Registered user
the Orcish Bard

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, July 15, 2003 at 02:22 (GMT -5)

U can't wish for XXX sword OR sword of XXX aka prefixes/suffixes. It's very unlikely that they'll come up. But it's possible: aftef four wishes of eternium-two handed swords of devastation I got a eternium two-handed sword of weakness and of penetration... So it's not guaranteed.

It's a finnish word for something that I can't make a english substitute... (lazy me..)

Icesus
J.
Registered user
You'll never get rid of me

Last page view:

5670 days, 14 hours, 25 minutes and 58 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, July 15, 2003 at 04:21 (GMT -5)

I guess you could translate it as 'a matter of taste'.

If you're feeling happy, don't worry, it'll go away.

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."
Portrait
Ass Whisper
Registered user
the Orcish Bard

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, July 16, 2003 at 12:25 (GMT -5)

That's a good one.

Icesus

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: