Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / General / For Iridia and Jurne

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Portrait
Ekaterin
Moderator on this forum

Last page view:

5767 days, 16 hours, 59 minutes and 35 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, July 13, 2003 at 05:52 (GMT -5)

I was on holiday last week. Did either of you ever submit our RFE about Mindcrafters enthralling monsters which we were discussing on rgra? I think we could try and refine it to incorporate some of the suggestions we got, and then submit it and see what happens.
Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

3757 days, 20 hours, 8 minutes and 25 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, July 13, 2003 at 21:06 (GMT -5)

Yep, it was submitted... It's probably buried in the archives by now, though; you'll want to search for it.

Die Gedanken sind Frei
Portrait
Ekaterin
Moderator on this forum

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, July 14, 2003 at 04:14 (GMT -5)

Under what subject line? I searched for "mindcraft" but couldn't find anything promising. Also, when did you submit it? If it was after the automatic update of the bug database, it'll probably languish in limbo until the next time TB does an update.

Is there any chance you could post the final version that you submitted to TB here? I'd be interested to see it.
Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, July 14, 2003 at 13:48 (GMT -5)

You can find it here.

Die Gedanken sind Frei

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 7/14/2003 at 13:49 (GMT -5) by Iridia]
Portrait
Ekaterin
Moderator on this forum

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, July 14, 2003 at 15:22 (GMT -5)

That link points at the discussion we had on rgra. I was just wondering whether either of you had been to http://www.adom.de/adom/submit-report.php3 and submitted the RFE there. (I know that page says it's for bug reports, but if you look at the options for type of bug, you'll find RFE in there.)

If you haven't, we should work out a final version, incorporating all the changes like not getting the power to enthrall until level 32, then send it in and hope it makes it to the bug/RFE database.
Portrait
Ass Whisper
Registered user
the Orcish Bard

Last page view:

7438 days, 12 hours, 42 minutes and 5 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, July 14, 2003 at 15:25 (GMT -5)

Count me in w/ good ideas about the idea. It should be pretty balanced so TB won't just shun it away...

Icesus
Portrait
Ekaterin
Moderator on this forum

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, July 23, 2003 at 04:34 (GMT -5)

Iridia, did you receive my email? I just asked whether you had submitted our RFE (about mindcrafters enthralling monsters) at http://www.adom.de. TB isn't very likely to incorporate it in the game unless someone formally submits it to him.

If you don't reply to this message soon, I'll submit the following at www.adom.de:

High-level mindcrafters (about level 32) should gain the ability to enthrall people (mentally enslave them). This should only work on humanoid monsters, since other creatures' minds are too alien. Enthralling undead would not work at all, and enthralling corrupting monsters would have a constant corrupting effect for as long as they are your slave (since you would be in continuous mental contact with them).

An enthralling attempt should have about a 50% chance of failure - more for powerful monsters and probably dependent on your Willpower and level. If an enthralling attempt fails, the victim will turn hostile, and should have a chance of fleeing or going berserk. Also, once you have tried and failed to enthrall someone, he is on his guard against it, so all further attempts to enthrall him will fail. Unique monsters should be totally immune to enthralling, and should not flee when a failed attempt to enthrall them is made either.

If you tried to enthrall a doppelganger, they could fight back by trying to enthrall _you_. If they won, you could be paralysed for a while, and take damage to your Willpower.

Enthralled monsters should be able to break free - this could be implemented by having a constant power drain to keep them enslaved, and when your power runs out they break free and attack. You could also get rid of unwanted slaves by ordering them to self-destruct.

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 7/23/2003 at 04:34 (GMT -5) by Ekaterin]
Jurne
Registered user

Last page view:

6666 days, 23 hours, 29 minutes and 13 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, July 23, 2003 at 08:38 (GMT -5)

How about as you gain levels, the power to keep monsters decreases? Like, at lvl 32 it's 4 per turn, then 3 at like lvl 36 or something?

You wish to kill me? Good thing I brought my psychic hamster named Hamster with me...
Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, July 23, 2003 at 22:56 (GMT -5)

Whoops, yeah, I got your e-mail; I just didn't check it till today.

You can go ahead and submit the RFE, if you like; I don't see anything wrong with it.

Die Gedanken sind Frei
Portrait
Ekaterin
Moderator on this forum

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, July 24, 2003 at 04:13 (GMT -5)

I've submitted it now, but it may well take a very long time for it to make it into the bug/RFE database.

Jurne
Registered user

Last page view:

6666 days, 23 hours, 29 minutes and 13 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, July 24, 2003 at 16:08 (GMT -5)

K, tell us when it gets through :-)

You wish to kill me? Good thing I brought my psychic hamster named Hamster with me...
Portrait
Ekaterin
Moderator on this forum

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, August 28, 2003 at 09:43 (GMT -5)

Our RFE just got through! You can find it here on the ADOM website. It looks as though more bugs/RFEs have been added to the databse recently (although sadly it doesn't look as though any have been fixed, or even closed as duplicates).

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: