Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / How to get more than 1 crownin

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

deranged monk
Registered user

Last page view:

7358 days, 19 hours, 18 minutes and 34 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, July 20, 2003 at 01:00 (GMT -5)

My gnomish wiz saced 100,000 gold and received the staff of the wanderer and ice immunity for his crowning gift. I've read threads here about multiple crowning- how do you do it? I'm lv34 now and have saced millions of gold with no other gift or extreme closeness. Also, can you change alginment and be crowned a second time from a different diety?
ArcticWolf
Registered user
Karmic Popsicle

Last page view:

7419 days, 17 hours and 24 minutes ago.
Posted on Sunday, July 20, 2003 at 04:33 (GMT -5)

Well, to get more crownings, either pre or post, you have to be extremely close to yer deity. And then you have to count your artifacts, because if you have too many, you can't get crowned. The first crowning can happen at level 8, the next 11, then 14, 17...every artifact generated in your game adds 3 levels. So let's say you have 8 artifacts generated, the level needed for crowning would be 8+8x3, 32.

Imagine a carmic popsicle -
First it is red and tastes like strawberry. Then it turns blue and tastes like blueberry. And if someone takes it from ye, he or she gets cursed and doomed.
Andor Drakon
Registered user
uummm... ElDeR cHaOs GoD?

Last page view:

7300 days, 13 hours, 44 minutes and 45 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, July 20, 2003 at 04:39 (GMT -5)

There are 3 types of crowning : precrowning, ordinary crowning and postcrowining. Precrowining is getting an artifact while extremely close but not exactly right alignment. It only works if your level is >= 8 + 3 * artifacts generated.Crowning you know. Postcrowning is like crowning but it has the same artifact formula as precrowning.

ChAoS iS cOmInG!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Andor Drakon
Registered user
uummm... ElDeR cHaOs GoD?

Last page view:

7300 days, 13 hours, 44 minutes and 45 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, July 20, 2003 at 04:40 (GMT -5)

Hmmm. It seemed I posted just after ArcticWolf did.

ChAoS iS cOmInG!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Portrait
Prickle Pear
Registered user
Killer fruit

Last page view:

7198 days, 1 hour, 54 minutes and 41 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, July 20, 2003 at 23:48 (GMT -5)

i've only been crowned at the earliest lvl 22 (i need to get $)

The new and improved MTV...my ass! Where's Bevis & Butthead?
Portrait
Ekaterin
Moderator on this forum

Last page view:

5765 days, 14 hours, 20 minutes and 21 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, July 21, 2003 at 04:08 (GMT -5)

Money isn't the only thing you can offer your god. Blessed stomafillia works nicely too.
ArcticWolf
Registered user
Karmic Popsicle

Last page view:

7419 days, 17 hours and 24 minutes ago.
Posted on Monday, July 21, 2003 at 05:49 (GMT -5)

I only sacrifice monsters, maybe sometimes artifacts or things the deity likes (for example magic wands for elves...
Very economical, and it works for me.

Imagine a carmic popsicle -
First it is red and tastes like strawberry. Then it turns blue and tastes like blueberry. And if someone takes it from ye, he or she gets cursed and doomed.
Portrait
Warlord
Registered user
Wanderer of the Wastes

Last page view:

7532 days, 17 hours, 30 minutes and 3 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, July 21, 2003 at 05:52 (GMT -5)

Ore is good and so are gems. Both are pretty easy to find if playing a race which haves mining, gemology and metallurgy. Money is always good, and living sacrifices are good too, just be careful with the alignment of the sacced monster.

- May the blood of thine enemies stain the ground -
Portrait
Ass Whisper
Registered user
the Orcish Bard

Last page view:

7436 days, 10 hours, 2 minutes and 51 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, July 21, 2003 at 15:21 (GMT -5)

'bout saccing, does it bugger anyone besides me that in version 1.1.0 u can't sac neutral corpses anymore? I always sac only melee weapons, cursed food, useless artifacts, corpses and living monstas and some too heavy stuff to carry to shopkeeper..

I usually play neutral, 'cos chaotics are pain in the Ass when you're standing on an altar and lawfuls are tough to gain when playing an orc ;)

Icesus
Portrait
Maelstrom
Registered user
The Knight of the Black Rose

Last page view:

3117 days, 4 hours, 14 minutes and 13 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, July 21, 2003 at 16:47 (GMT -5)

Yea, it does - my neutral hurthling had to wase tons of cooked rats and giant rats just because he was neutral...

A pessimist sees a dark tunnel.
An optimist sees a light at the end of that tunnel.
A realist sees a train.
And the train driver sees three idiots on the tracks.
Djinni
Registered user
don't rub MY ring

Last page view:

7062 days, 20 hours, 51 minutes and 48 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, July 27, 2003 at 03:58 (GMT -5)

ok, is it possible to achieve a pre-crowning in all three alignments before going on to be crowned in whichever alignment you want?

if so...i've read in the adom guide that for each sucessive pre/post crowning you want (this is in one individual alignment) it takes more saccing to achieve an extremely close piety, but will it apply also when spread out over all 3 alignments?

do any of you guys know if it is possible? i would have tried myself already, but i'm worried that pre-crowning on a chaotic/lawful altar will ruin my chances of a neutral ultra ending, which i *still* havent managed yet!

wouldn't it be great to be running around at lvl 17 with 3 pre-crowning gifts :)
J.
Registered user
You'll never get rid of me

Last page view:

5664 days, 3 hours, 39 minutes and 21 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, July 27, 2003 at 09:57 (GMT -5)

You can get 3 pre-crownings already at lvls 8&11&14 :) I usually like two precrownings plus a normal crowning at lvl 11. That way I don't spend more food when walking around. I wouldn't carry three artifacts around when not being crowned as then you'd need four times the food than otherwise. You don't always find plenty of herbs when you're that low level.

I've no idea if it helps in spreading the precrownings around but it should be possible and shouldn't affect your ultra endings in any way. Only fallen champions don't get the TotRR, and getting precrowned doesn't count as getting the champion status.

If you're feeling happy, don't worry, it'll go away.

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 7/27/2003 at 09:58 (GMT -5) by J.]
Arancaytar-
Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, August 01, 2003 at 11:45 (GMT -5)

The easiest way to get crowned is probably to play a dwarf, since their deity likes gold, which is the easiest stuff to find. Dark elves are pretty hard because you're not going to find a lot of books.
Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

3755 days, 17 hours, 29 minutes and 11 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, August 03, 2003 at 12:11 (GMT -5)

Hmmm... that would be an interesting challenge game: Get precrowned in all three alignments.

Die Gedanken sind Frei

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: