Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / Magical Writing Set?

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Portrait
noidentity
Registered user

Last page view:

7578 days, 22 hours, 9 minutes and 53 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, July 29, 2003 at 00:18 (GMT -5)

Is it really worth using considering the great cost it takes on your mana?

I just tried writing scrolls of chaos resistance and all of a sudden I ended up loosing about 200 mana and considering I only had about 300 mana I was a little irritated seeing the result.
(-_-')
Andor Drakon
Registered user
uummm... ElDeR cHaOs GoD?

Last page view:

7306 days, 13 hours, 47 minutes and 46 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, July 29, 2003 at 00:47 (GMT -5)

It dosen't cost as much with other scrolls. SoCR are too powerful to be written that easily, others arent.

ChAoS iS cOmInG!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 7/29/2003 at 00:47 (GMT -5) by Andor Drakon]
J.
Registered user
You'll never get rid of me

Last page view:

5670 days, 3 hours, 42 minutes and 22 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, July 29, 2003 at 04:27 (GMT -5)

You're probably talking about power points aren't you? You can't have more than 99 of any primary attribute, for example mana.

Do you mean you lost 200 power points which you can just regenerate in a hundred turns? Or do you mean that your mana stat was drained, which caused your maximum power point amount drop from 300 to 100?

BTW, it seems that you're not on a very high level. Writing scrolls gets easier when you get more experienced.

Also note that SoCRs and SoEducations are the most difficult ones to write. They're also very powerfuls scrolls so they should be.

If you're feeling happy, don't worry, it'll go away.

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."
Portrait
Warlord
Registered user
Wanderer of the Wastes

Last page view:

7538 days, 17 hours, 33 minutes and 4 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, July 29, 2003 at 11:47 (GMT -5)

I didn't notice any maximum power point loss after writing, at least nothing that major.

btw J, been watching too much Smackdown? :) or is it RAW? :P

- May the blood of thine enemies stain the ground -
Portrait
noidentity
Registered user

Last page view:

7578 days, 22 hours, 9 minutes and 53 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, July 29, 2003 at 12:37 (GMT -5)

Actually at the time my character was a level 43 grey elven ranger. My mana stats ended up being drained considerably and considering I only had about 34 it was quite a shock to see. (my mana stats were never really that strong in the first place)

Oh well, now im level 50 trying to close the chaos gates and I finally killed all of the balors. Now the chaos servants and those annoying wizards.
Portrait
Ass Whisper
Registered user
the Orcish Bard

Last page view:

7442 days, 10 hours, 5 minutes and 52 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, July 29, 2003 at 16:35 (GMT -5)

Does someone know where my current avatar image derives from? I hate the man but I love the moves...

'bout the thread topic: I use the MWS to scrolls of defense/protection and boost my 7LB or GoGS. Another good use is SoFS. Fuck, I hate these acronyms, but I love to use 'em!

Sorry my language, but I just drank a bottle of red wine and a couple of beers.. Seems to affect my reply enthusiasm (is that spelled correctly?).. My fault..

Icesus
J.
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, July 29, 2003 at 17:20 (GMT -5)

I thought you were a wizard of a low level :) The not-so-magic-heavy classes have a harder time writing powerful scrolls. If you had been of a low level say 15 you probably would have gotten killed.

Ass: Nothing wrong with that spelling, I think. And why are you drinking at this time? It's not even little-saturday! Senssillä olis kyllä kymppitiistai. Sieltä vois mennä poimiin 50kg sakkolihaa tiskiltä. Also I've no idea about your avatar. John Travolta in Saturday night fever?:P

Warlord: You don't appreciate wrestling, huh? Too bad for you :)

Hoo boy, is this getting OT or what?:)

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 7/29/2003 at 17:21 (GMT -5) by J.]
Portrait
Ass Whisper
Registered user
the Orcish Bard

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, July 29, 2003 at 18:07 (GMT -5)

You got that right (Travolta).... and 'bout the drinking: we were just rehearsing for the upcoming SKATE TO HELL event in Lappeenranta.. Were sipping a few beers and a magyar at the JNS skate park.. drinking and skating don't mix.. except in Lappeenranta..

Icesus
J.
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, July 29, 2003 at 19:09 (GMT -5)

Oh, you're from Lappeenranta. Well that explains pretty much everything... That's some f'd up place you got there! No offense of course :D Great bands come from Lappeenranta: Kotiteollisuus, umm... don't know any others but they rock! I'm from Turku so you can tell some jokes about Turku people to make yourself feel better.

Umm, what the hell am I doing up this late... Sheesh. Better watch some DBZ on SubTV :P OR I could just go to bed.

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 7/29/2003 at 19:11 (GMT -5) by J.]
Portrait
Ass Whisper
Registered user
the Orcish Bard

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, July 29, 2003 at 19:44 (GMT -5)

No, I'm not. Born Joensuu, living in Jyväskylä. LPR is the one and only place in finnish hc-punk&skate scene. They have the best parties..

Icesus
J.
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, July 30, 2003 at 04:41 (GMT -5)

Well, you can still tell Åbo jokes I love 'em, REALLY being from Mansesta nääs and all... :D Every year university graduates from Tampere go to the Turku boarder and try to pry the city off the continent. Either that or they go to some Turku's market and jump up and down trying to sink the town(it's on the coast).

Hmmm, again another thread going completely OT. Been seing a few of these lately and most of them thanks to (at least partially) me...

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: