Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / General / Suddenly Blank Message Boxes

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

3761 days, 21 hours, 12 minutes and 21 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, July 31, 2003 at 09:36 (GMT -5)

At one time or other, you've probably tried to post a reply, only to meet an error message, then hit the back button, and seen a blank message box. I know I have, and it's annoying.

Anyway, I got to thinking: When you pressed the Back button, chances are the computer automatically refreshed the page in which you posted the message. So if you could stop the computer from refreshing the page, you'd go back to find your message intact.

On Internet Explorer, which I use, I go to Tools--> Internet options-->General tab-->Temporary Internet Files--> Settings. Under the Settings button are some options about when the computer refreshes the page. Usually it's set to "Automatically", which is the best setting UNLESS you're trying to recover a message.

The way it works for me:
1. Enter the post. The option is still set to "Automatically".
2. Try to post it and see the error message.
3. DON'T hit the back button; instead, go to that little menu and change the options to "Never".
4. Now hit the back button.

Chances are, if your computer works like mine, your message may still be there. Not guaranteed, and I still recommend highlighting your message and hitting Ctrl+C before you post.

Die Gedanken sind Frei
Lavos
Registered user
Cardiovascular Endurance

Last page view:

7102 days, 9 hours, 27 minutes and 28 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, August 02, 2003 at 20:21 (GMT -5)

Thats what I always do. press Ctrl+C before i leave any long post.

(:
Portrait
Ass Whisper
Registered user
the Orcish Bard

Last page view:

7442 days, 13 hours, 46 minutes and 1 second ago.
Posted on Sunday, August 03, 2003 at 11:05 (GMT -5)

Ctrl+A and then Ctrl+C ;) same goes to all those webmails...

Icesus

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: