Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / treasure hunter

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

firestorm
Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, August 01, 2003 at 15:31 (GMT -5)

There was a thread a while ago about how much this really affected the game, but i think it's wayyy down there so ill just start a new one.

i just had my first ending (totally non cheating) .i've had a high elf wizard crushed to death by tons of luggage after clearing out the mana temple :(( before, and a priest that died in the blue dragon caves...*snif*

anyway, this time i finished the game with a grey elf archer........thing is i normally go for treasure hunter but i didnt this time.and found a ring a djinni summoning and a ring of ice in a vault of orcs in the first levels(lvl 3 or so) of the caverns of chaos, wish for amulet of life saving.then went back to the infinite dungeon to get some mroe water and scrolls, found 2 amulets of life saving and 2 rings of djinni summoning (which were never used in the game!)

<havent had this much luck WITH TH
J.
Registered user
You'll never get rid of me

Last page view:

5664 days, 4 hours, 17 minutes and 4 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, August 02, 2003 at 11:27 (GMT -5)

Yup. I think it's a bit overrated. I still always take it because most of the other talents are even more useless and I like to max out my luck. I wonder why you didn't take it as an archer? Alert is also a prerequisite for the missile weapon master talent which can be useful for archers. Archers are also more likely to actually benefit from three different weapon affinities.

If you're feeling happy, don't worry, it'll go away.

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."
Portrait
Maelstrom
Registered user
The Knight of the Black Rose

Last page view:

3117 days, 4 hours, 51 minutes and 56 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, August 03, 2003 at 12:16 (GMT -5)

Missile Weapon Master is usless. 3 to-hit &dmg? You can get that from Eage Eye. Good shot, Keen shot & Eagle eye talents get you +6/6 to hit&dmg.
Getting Alert and 3 weapon talents is wasting of talent points IMHO.

A pessimist sees a dark tunnel.
An optimist sees a light at the end of that tunnel.
A realist sees a train.
And the train driver sees three idiots on the tracks.
Lamaros
Registered user
The sieve

Last page view:

7168 days, 20 hours, 31 minutes and 39 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, August 03, 2003 at 22:16 (GMT -5)

You forget two things:

1: Alert is a requirement for treasure hunter, which many find usefull. (I've never found so many tomes before as an assassin, I can tell you)

2: You get a +tohit in the ranged weapon of your choice, as well some in two other disciplines, should you later change.

So you get +6to-hit +3damage for the cost of two talents that you make later make use of anyway.

I don't play an archer that often, but it's not as bad as you make it seem.

You might as well say why bother with Keen shot... just get Good and eagle-eye.

Strong thrower is handy too. And the speed decreases... Really depends what style you favour.

I would think melee weapon master is far more useless than missle weapon master.
SolidSnake
Unregistered user
Posted on Tuesday, August 05, 2003 at 09:04 (GMT -5)

Quite. Most of the talents are total crap.
J.
Registered user
You'll never get rid of me

Last page view:

5664 days, 4 hours, 17 minutes and 4 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, August 05, 2003 at 13:41 (GMT -5)

I think they're meant more for atmosphere and roleplay reasons not just "if your swordwielding fighter does not take this talent he can't kill a goblin in hand-to-hand".

And that's a good thing.

If you're feeling happy, don't worry, it'll go away.

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."
firestorm
Unregistered user
Posted on Tuesday, August 05, 2003 at 14:37 (GMT -5)

well i didnt pick alert for the simple reason that i went for the heir gift as an archer.starting with 40 arrows of hunting helped me out *a lot*.got a blink dog corpse , pixie archer corpse (teleporting), giant slug corpse (acid immunity) , several points of strength from ogres corpses

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: