Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / "Most Bogus!"

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

FDS
Registered user
FireDrake of Ice

Last page view:

7574 days, 20 hours, 33 minutes and 15 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, August 04, 2003 at 03:09 (GMT -5)

this is just baked, I finally get a Drakish Ranger to lvl12 and im all like "YaY" so I deside to go & do the cute dog quest hoping I wont get killed by massive gnolls & hyenas again so any way I found a shop in the cave & it has a really nice battle axe in it I forget the dice but it was like 7k+ & im only carrying like 367 i think i finish the quest ( dog died, I shouldnt have gon in the shop :( ) & then I go back to the clearing to get the money iv been saving it was like 6k+ so I go to pick it up & it gives me a prompt to see how much I want to pick up it says like 63?? so I just hit enter & it says its raining (as it always seems to do in my games) & on the second line it says I pick up over 2billon gold & I got like huge bug eyes & a ear to ear smile on my face & then i press the spacebar cuz it says (more) & the it says like the weight of my junk crushes me & I died & I just go into an anime fall on my keybaord i pull my head up & im at the screen that tells you about your life & it said my score was like -3billion.

I think ths game is trying to drive my insane. first my comp dies, now the only game iv had fun playing is trying to kill me

Please sign on the dotted Line:

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 8/4/2003 at 03:11 (GMT -5) by FDS]
Portrait
Arancaytar
Registered user
Pyromancer

Last page view:

574 days, 13 hours, 1 minute and 24 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, August 04, 2003 at 04:46 (GMT -5)

One thing: The dog died because it was sure one hell of a lot of time past day 4 (it takes some time to achieve level 12), and if it wasn't yet, you'd still have no chance to go down 7 levels that quickly without reaching day 4.

About the billions of gold - a bug probably, but the death was completely normal. I just wish that stuff with the gold would happen to me one day, maybe if I don't pick it up at once I'd survive. ;) I also don't think it would count as a cheat... :p

Move the cursor to the desired position and press [SPACE] when done.
Impossible. Suddenly you stand elsewhere.
You see an ancient altar of black obsidian.
The goblin rockthrower suddenly shouts a prayer to his gods! You are consumed by a roaring column of flame!
J.
Registered user
You'll never get rid of me

Last page view:

5670 days, 4 hours, 29 minutes and 39 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, August 04, 2003 at 04:57 (GMT -5)

I also occasionally find large piles of gold early game. Could have something to do with the "wannaB 1337 h4XxX0|2"(better chances of not crashing the game with hex editors, requirements: be a sad f*cker who has to cheat to win in simple games like ADOM) talent I sometimes pick.

No, really that's one weird bug. What version are you playing? Sounds a lot like those daggers with weird bonuses&goblins doing millions of damage bugs in old versions.

EDIT: No, actually it doesn't :/

If you're feeling happy, don't worry, it'll go away.

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 8/4/2003 at 10:59 (GMT -5) by J.]
FDS
Registered user
FireDrake of Ice

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, August 04, 2003 at 05:10 (GMT -5)

I got 1.1.1

Can any one give me tips for a Drakish Druid? I tried one before but I got killed by the raider lord quest

Deen
Registered user

Last page view:

7571 days, 3 hours, 46 minutes and 39 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, August 04, 2003 at 23:16 (GMT -5)

Dont do the raider lord quest before youre lvl 5-6. I usually just skip it, but $3000 gold can be useful in begining.

I dont play drakelings much, but played a great dwarven druid (who got sacreficed, sadly:).

since you have both herbalism and healing, you can pick either quest, but do the druid one, he gives a different reward to druids I think. Some items including a bracers of toughness. Thats what I got, you might also need to bring him the black druid corpse for that.

That black druid dude can be hard to kill, with his darkness spell. Usually best to melee him in berserk and hope he dies first. To play it safe, I would gain a 3-4 levels in ID before going down druid caves, so that you will be stronger when facig the black druid.

Train some melee wearpon, druids can fight pretty well (at least dwarven ones). Spells are for backup (maybe your drakish druid will have more PP, less HP, but my dwarf had it otherway around, so couldnt cast nonstop).

raise herbalism, collect herbs. Sometimes I find them in puppy cave. I always do the puppy quest, even after the dog is dead, just because those caves can give you good exp and maybe a vault.

I would go down to CoC after ID, druid dungeon, puppy cave.

I also just discovered that drakelings get smithing skill, you could raise that, and ants in puppy cave, who wouldnt harm you, could dig you some ore. But then there is the anvil problem. You could get one from darkforge when youre tough enough to kill the dwarf in there, but maybe you dont even want to smith..

hope at least something is usefull

Lavos-notlogged
Unregistered user
Posted on Tuesday, August 05, 2003 at 00:08 (GMT -5)

Spoiler
The raider lord quest is good though, if you plan to kill Hitnopolotz (or whatever his name is) and get Law. It's useful for the platnium girdle, but you probably aren't gonna go for that. And even if you do it only tells you when you lost it.

As for the Druid/Village elder thing, If you know frost bolt, go for the druid quest. If you dont, you probably want to go for the village elders quest to save the carpenter (or kill him if it pleases you) and get bridge building, so you can get the RoHK, unless your hoping on finding a spellbook of frost bolt somewhere, or going to the library before you try for the RoHK. The puppy quest will probably not do much for you if its past day 4 (i think its 4.) Correct me if im wrong on anything.
Lamaros
Registered user
The sieve

Last page view:

7174 days, 20 hours, 44 minutes and 14 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, August 05, 2003 at 00:23 (GMT -5)

Praticly every combination can manage to kill The Raider Lord at level one, if you are carefull and think about it, especialy if you bring the Sheriff with you and can get him to knock a couple of them out.

Kobolds and Goblins are easiest, knock them out first.

Don't get surrounded, you can restrict it to 3v1 if you go to a corner.

If you can cast, line them all up and it's a sinch.

Throw everything you can make use of, Bezerker mode.

Switch to coward and run. Repeat.

Don't dual wield if you start like that.

eh.
Lavos
Registered user
Cardiovascular Endurance

Last page view:

7102 days, 6 hours, 34 minutes and 36 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, August 05, 2003 at 01:05 (GMT -5)

Archers work very well with the raider lord. They were my first battle with my high elven archer. As for druids though, listen to Lamaros.

(:
Portrait
Ekaterin
Moderator on this forum

Last page view:

5771 days, 15 hours, 10 minutes and 39 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, August 05, 2003 at 04:22 (GMT -5)

Re elder vs druid quest: I always go for the elder's quest unless I have Healing but not Herbalism. The black druid is nasty and can drain stats (so if you are going for him, kill him from afar with acid or magic missiles). He also keeps hostile cats, which is especially annoying for druids as most cats are friendly to them. The elder's quest is much safer (you can even run to Jharod to be healed)!

Don't worry about Bridge Building - by the time you need the RotHK, you'll almost certainly have found a wand of cold.

The puppy dies after day 4, but it's still worth exploring that dungeon, because it might have nice features like herbs or pools.
FDS
Registered user
FireDrake of Ice

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, August 05, 2003 at 06:02 (GMT -5)

tys for the tips, hopfully I wont get crushed by my cash this time

J.
Registered user
You'll never get rid of me

Last page view:

5670 days, 4 hours, 29 minutes and 39 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, August 05, 2003 at 13:53 (GMT -5)

First of all, drakelings don't get smithing.

"I always do the puppy quest, even after the dog is dead, just because those caves can give you good exp and maybe a vault."There's always a vault on the bottom level of the puppy cave.

Spoiler
There's always a vault on the bottom level of the puppy cave.

"If you know frost bolt, go for the druid quest. If you dont, you probably want to go for the village elders quest" This makes no sense. If you don't know frost bolt you can learn it if you do the druid quest. Then you don't have to hope to find a spellbook of frost bolt.

Also, about the puppy, I'm not sure but I think the puppy dies when the game reaches day 4, not after day 4, which would be day 5.(Is that sentence comprehendable?)

If you're feeling happy, don't worry, it'll go away.

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 8/5/2003 at 14:09 (GMT -5) by J.]

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: