Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / General / Missing post

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Locke
Registered user
Treasure hunter

Last page view:

7909 days, 16 hours, 9 minutes and 30 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, June 07, 2001 at 12:19 (GMT -5)

This is strange. I posted a message about special dates yesterday in the spoiler section. And I saw it myself when had been posted. But now, it is just gone... What gives Jan?

Locke Cole
Portrait
Kyp Durron
Registered user

Last page view:

8341 days, 5 hours, 53 minutes and 11 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, June 08, 2001 at 05:24 (GMT -5)

That happaned to me too when I first came here but apparently that was a bug that Jan fixed. The bug enabled other users to delete other peoples entries.

Kyp Durron
Portrait
Jan Erik
Administrator

Last page view:

2 days, 12 hours, 42 minutes and 27 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, June 08, 2001 at 08:05 (GMT -5)

Hmm...

I suppose you didn't accidentaly click on the "Delete" link or somethig like that (grasping at straws here).

Can't realy think of anything that would cause that. If there was an error with the new post creation no posts schould have been created at all.

There are some threads around with no new messages but a recent "last post" date, wich seems to indicate that a new message have been posted and then deleted...

Anyway, let me know if any more messages mysteriously disapear... If the problem presist I can do some logging of the delete rutines and see if anything fishy is going on.

Jan Erik Mydland
HoF admin
Locke
Registered user
Treasure hunter

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, June 08, 2001 at 17:04 (GMT -5)

Well, I did edit the msg once, if that has anything to do with anything. Also, I have noticed that the "last post" dates have been incorrect a few times at various places. So if I post a msg and then delete it, the "last post" date will still claim that the last post made still exist? So the "lats post" date can then be very missleading.

[No, editing seems to work just fine ;-)]

Locke Cole
Portrait
Jan Erik
Administrator

Last page view:

2 days, 12 hours, 42 minutes and 27 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, June 11, 2001 at 03:02 (GMT -5)

I know about that last post date thing... It was just a bit easier to do it this way while I was rushing to get the forum complete enough to start using.

I have a few enhancements planned. For example to show who posted the last message, to do that I'll have to look at the message table anyway so then it will be easy enough to put in the real last date too.

In a few weeks from now I'm finished with my army duty, so then I will hopefully have time to patch up the forums a little bit more. I'll have to start looking for a job too though, but at least I'll have unrestricted access to the Internett after office hours again.

Jan Erik Mydland
HoF admin
Locke
Registered user
Treasure hunter

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, June 11, 2001 at 12:19 (GMT -5)

Sounds like good enhancements. Worth waiting for as well. :)

Locke Cole
Locke
Registered user
Treasure hunter

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, June 19, 2001 at 13:04 (GMT -5)

Hmm, this is very strange. Whenever I go to these forums via my bookmark, I don't see the new posts. And when I go via the link at the old forums, I get the new posts. And I am quite sure that my bookmark is very up to date yes. Strange...

Locke Cole
Portrait
Palagran
Registered user
Furry Hybrid

Last page view:

6372 days, 10 hours, 26 minutes and 16 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, June 20, 2001 at 00:09 (GMT -5)

I believe bookmarks attempt to pull webpages out of cache by default.
Locke
Registered user
Treasure hunter

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, June 20, 2001 at 12:40 (GMT -5)

Aha! That might be it then. But it seems odd enough anyway, since the old forums work properly when I go via the bookmark.

Locke Cole

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: