Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / Some help on magic?

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Alectrobyte
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, August 27, 2003 at 23:46 (GMT -5)

I have a few questions, if you don't want to answer them or be friendly don't post at all.

1) How do you use necromancy?
2)Is there a skill that makes power points regenerate faster?
3)Are there any other skills that effect magic?
4)In your opinion what's the best class/race mix for spellcasters?

That's all. :)
J.
Registered user
You'll never get rid of me

Last page view:

5675 days, 20 hours, 12 minutes and 51 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, August 28, 2003 at 10:27 (GMT -5)

1) Use the skill on a humanoid corpse.
2) Concentration
3) Well, literacy affects how well you can read books
4) Gnome wizards are pretty good. That or elementalists who necessarily don't have to read books to get spells(but of course still can). Elves are a bit fragile but otherwise good. Humans are good in everything. Also try an elven priest.

In the early game, don't kill everything with spells, or you'll run out of castings. It's not that difficult to kill a rat or a goblin in melee. Also train in missile weapons, they are very effective.

If you're feeling happy, don't worry, it'll go away.

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 8/28/2003 at 10:30 (GMT -5) by J.]
Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

3767 days, 10 hours, 2 minutes and 41 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, August 28, 2003 at 17:20 (GMT -5)

Dark elves make good necromancers... yes, it's stereotypical, and their HP regeneration is abysmal... but lately, anything with this combination that survives the SmC and gets healing (from the mad doctor... they start out C) has made it at least to level 12, often to level 20.

Die Gedanken sind Frei
Andor Drakon
Registered user
uummm... ElDeR cHaOs GoD?

Last page view:

7312 days, 6 hours, 18 minutes and 15 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, August 29, 2003 at 03:02 (GMT -5)

Dwarves too, since you can go through the VD and get healing from Jharod (you start out N+ or better), depending on starsign. GOod elementalists, as well (my first win with a Dwarf ELementalist with a level 173 greater fire elemental.)

As for wizards, -foo- elves if you can get them past level 15, or Trolls if you think you can survive in melee for a bit. Drakelings and humans are both good at everything.

ChAoS iS cOmInG!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Lamaros
Registered user
The sieve

Last page view:

7180 days, 12 hours, 27 minutes and 26 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, August 29, 2003 at 04:40 (GMT -5)

It's quite easy to get any Dark Elf to N to get healing from Jharod. Once you get it just kill him to go back down again.
Portrait
Ekaterin
Moderator on this forum

Last page view:

5777 days, 6 hours, 53 minutes and 51 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, August 29, 2003 at 05:47 (GMT -5)

Dark Elven Necromancers are more chaotic than any other dark elves. How do you get them to N without an altar? Doing the carpenter quest isn't enough, the puppy cave is kind of dangerous for a weak character like that, and the raider lord quest doesn't appear to make chaotics more lawful. The amulet of order would help, but how can you make it to level 10 without healing?

Are you roleplaying? If not, I don't think it's a very good idea to stay chaotic, because there are so many people who disapprove. You'd have to turn neutral to deal with the old barbarian, and the dwarven mystic, and every time you wanted to give a corrupting corpse to the druid. When I turned a Dark Elven Necromancer into a UCG, I followed the neutral way until I had the Trident, then just massacred Terinyo to get to C-.
Alectrobyte
Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, August 29, 2003 at 17:15 (GMT -5)

Thank's all. xD
Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

3767 days, 10 hours, 2 minutes and 41 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, August 29, 2003 at 21:14 (GMT -5)

Yes, I'm roleplaying. :) Basically I'm killing a couple of beggars to start out with, in order to get to C-, and attempting to stay there the whole game.

Should've noted that.

Die Gedanken sind Frei

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 8/29/2003 at 21:15 (GMT -5) by Iridia]

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: