Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Black Tome of A.

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Enjoy
Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, June 15, 2001 at 09:23 (GMT -5)

How much does it corrupt you per reading.I wanna know because I received it for Precrowning.BTW , funny adventure I had in TOEF!Had bolts and stuff , Precrowning and Crowning had given me RoI , Thund.S. , and Wyrmlance.Then I get down to 3 HP.Just a Fire Giant in sight , he wont throw a stone , I think.I was able to pray , of course ,put didn´t wanna lose Piety , so I didn´t.Well , Murphy´s law:He threw the stone for damage 6 , and even though I have DV 31 about , he hits me for 6 hP!I had about 80 hp max , and then:-3 HP!My best game yet!(Swearwords not to be publicly released into any place where small children may be watching)
Locke
Registered user
Treasure hunter

Last page view:

7899 days, 13 hours, 44 minutes and 4 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, June 15, 2001 at 13:02 (GMT -5)

Not sure how much it'll corrupt you when reading it, but it does corrupt you as you carry it around. So if you don't like corruption, drop it someplace, or sell it if you like.

Locke Cole
Akron
Unregistered user
Posted on Sunday, June 24, 2001 at 11:05 (GMT -5)

It's stupid to say this but ALWAYS pray if you are about to die. It's better to lose some piety than your life.

Anyway, about the Tome. I haven't tried it for a while but I think that I read it about 4 times before I received a corruption. This is not accurate but at least it doesn't corrupt you as bad as ManaOrb.
leapfrog314
Registered user

Last page view:

8121 days, 4 hours and 27 minutes ago.
Posted on Saturday, January 05, 2002 at 13:40 (GMT -5)

The Tome causes corruption only when read, but so little that it is worth it, to learn random spells with an indestructable spellbook :)
Portrait
Dougy
Registered user
What is the deal with cards?

Last page view:

5830 days, 19 hours, 9 minutes and 6 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, January 06, 2002 at 04:03 (GMT -5)

Ummm... the tome causes corruption just by carrying it around - thus it causes corruption when read 'cos u have to have it in your inventory to read it.

eg. Learning the wish spell from the black tome is not a very good idea (not that you have much choice) - long time to learn = lots of corruption. But on the other hand learning the light spell will barely affect you.

Another note, it seems that the spell you learn is determined by the danger level of the dungeon your in.

Adomer from Australia.

DougyDougy - Dougy - DougyDougy
Jacknife
Registered user

Last page view:

8137 days, 19 hours, 5 minutes and 35 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, January 07, 2002 at 17:31 (GMT -5)

So could i go into the SMC at level 45 or so, read the BToA, and get wish, or some other really high end spell?

-Peace Out, War In
-Jacknife
Locke
Registered user
Treasure hunter

Last page view:

7899 days, 13 hours, 44 minutes and 4 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, January 08, 2002 at 18:13 (GMT -5)

IIRC, it does also corrupt you when you have learnt a spell from the tome. An oddity: The tome is not in your inventory when you read it. I have had moments when I have been burdened before I have started to read a tome, and during the reading, I was not burdened, and when I finished reading, I was burdened again. So oddly enough, the weight of the tome you read is reduced temporarly while reading the tome.

Locke Cole
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Registered user
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

5663 days, 18 hours, 22 minutes and 3 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, January 08, 2002 at 18:34 (GMT -5)

yep, that always happens whenever you read something IIRC.

ivan.sourceforge.net
Portrait
Dougy
Registered user
What is the deal with cards?

Last page view:

5830 days, 19 hours, 9 minutes and 6 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, January 09, 2002 at 02:46 (GMT -5)

Yeh i've noticed that reading book thing - i think it's a bug really...

It goes with being able to read a book while paralyzed.

Oh and i haven't got any saved games with the BToA so i can't tell you if you can read it in the SMC and get good spells...

Adomer from Australia.

DougyDougy - Dougy - DougyDougy

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: