Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / Roleplaying in ADOM

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Portrait
DaN
Registered user
Cursed and Doomed

Last page view:

7002 days, 9 hours, 49 minutes and 34 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, September 04, 2003 at 16:50 (GMT -5)

do any of you lot try and play in the spirit of your characters? Lately i've beeing trying to play as a venetrix/venetrice, a poisoned slave used to assassinate people (more info on the fortean times message board and a link to an interesting short story somewhere on that thread too which i recommend). They've all been female assassins, human or elven. I've tried to use small arms in combination with poison. The heir gift for this class, although not that great, fits perfectly and so does the poison hands corruption even if it is annoying. I've tried to use little in the way or amour unless it is attractive looking (not just increasing actual appearence, but things like silver diadems, necklaces etc) and tried to raise appearence, charisma, willpower and dexterity above the others in an effort to create what i think a venetrix would be like in ADOM.
The other character i've to create is a WitchElf (from GW's Warhammer fantasy)- dualing wieling swords, no armour, using berzerk mode alot.
It's quite a challenge and they tend to die quite quickly. Those that survive to dwarftown seem to evolve far from the original concept as they pick up nice pre/suffixed weaponary/armour and other equipment.

(damn tags)

[Edited 2 times, last edit on 9/4/2003 at 16:51 (GMT -5) by DaN]
Lavos
Registered user
Cardiovascular Endurance

Last page view:

7107 days, 14 hours, 18 minutes and 56 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, September 04, 2003 at 18:55 (GMT -5)

I think i should beat ADOM first, then ill try that stuff.

(:
Portrait
DaN
Registered user
Cursed and Doomed

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, September 04, 2003 at 19:37 (GMT -5)

yeah i think i should do that first, but it's quite good fun and they end up turning into well rounded characters anyway unless you specifically avoided certain things
Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

3767 days, 2 hours, 3 minutes and 49 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, September 07, 2003 at 19:04 (GMT -5)

I've accepted the fact that I'll never beat ADOM, so I just play for fun now. I like doing challenge-game type things and role-playing; I once completed the puppy quest without ever making a first kill.

Die Gedanken sind Frei

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 9/7/2003 at 19:05 (GMT -5) by Iridia]
Portrait
DaN
Registered user
Cursed and Doomed

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, September 07, 2003 at 20:05 (GMT -5)

*that* is impressive, it's bad enough trying not to kill cats, but not killing anything is impressive
Portrait
Ekaterin
Moderator on this forum

Last page view:

5776 days, 22 hours, 54 minutes and 59 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, September 08, 2003 at 04:10 (GMT -5)

Well done! I have a hard enough time completing the puppy quest without extra challenges. Normally I let it die, but sometimes I try to be a paragon of order who does every possible good deed, and then I attempt to save it and often get killed in the process. Did you play a bard and have pets kill everything for you?

I thought you were close to beating ADOM though, Iridia. Didn't you once have a level 30+ character?
Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

3767 days, 2 hours, 3 minutes and 49 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, September 08, 2003 at 14:36 (GMT -5)

My highest character reached... Hmm. I forget. It was either high twenties or low thirties.. I got two orbs, anyway.

I've beaten the game three or four times by save-scumming and other types of cheating, but that doesn't count.

Yup. It was a bard... trollish bard, to be exact. I suppose a necromancer could've worked as well... *must try* :)

Die Gedanken sind Frei
Portrait
Ekaterin
Moderator on this forum

Last page view:

5776 days, 22 hours, 54 minutes and 59 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, September 09, 2003 at 05:47 (GMT -5)

If you survived the ToEF without cheating, I'd say you're not far from winning the game. Can you remember what killed your best legitimate character and work out how to avoid it next time?

You could try playing spellcasters, as melee characters are pretty challenging in the late game (especially now that common monsters get more powerful the more you kill).
C<U>
Unregistered user
Posted on Tuesday, September 09, 2003 at 18:55 (GMT -5)

Hmm, I think it was lvl 25 or something Iridia, no-cheat games aren't that hard (MO)...as long as I have my mocha frothe around, one hit and its over, and that's how adom goes.

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: