Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / A hint about talents for noobs

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Aeronyth
Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, September 08, 2003 at 02:58 (GMT -5)

I just thought i'd like to tell y'all about this. I'm kinda a newb myself, but I looked at the manual (wow. x.x). And if you're a hurthling/gnome spellcaster type, farmer, merchant or bard you'll get to pick 3 skills, 4 if you were born in the right month. Anyway, I made a gnomish wizard. Then I picked the skills Boon to the family and Charming. Doing so you can unlock the choice heir - if you start off with 3+ talents. It gives you a rare magical item. I got Wand of Fire with 30 charges, and trust me. It saved my like on many ocasions. Just thought you might want to know, ho hum.

Would you rather have strong attk of good def?
Yes  No
Check results

Portrait
DaN
Registered user
Cursed and Doomed

Last page view:

7002 days, 14 hours, 47 minutes and 9 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, September 08, 2003 at 10:37 (GMT -5)

there are a few threads somewhere on the forum that have the heir list for all the different classes
Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

3767 days, 7 hours, 1 minute and 24 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, September 08, 2003 at 14:33 (GMT -5)

Yeah. Bards get 7LB :)... my current character is a necromancer with a chaotic skull staff of slaughtering--VERY nice. This level-9 dark elf (as in, low toughness and next to no HP regeneration) is actually meleeing things about 90% of the time.

BTW, and OT... slaves come in very handy for killing summoned spiders and jackals. That stupid uber-jackal bug only kicks in once you've killed too many of 'em.

Die Gedanken sind Frei

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 9/8/2003 at 14:33 (GMT -5) by Iridia]

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: