Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / Ultra Endings

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

KillerClawLobster
Registered user
Ancient Chaos Lobster

Last page view:

6472 days, 9 hours, 30 minutes and 25 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, September 08, 2003 at 11:43 (GMT -5)

Which of the Ultra Endings do you think is harder, Chaotic, Neutral, or Lawful?
Personally I think the Avatar of Law is the hardest, since getting to L+ from C is a lot harder than getting to N= or C-. Though I have found a wrinkle that helps to get you L+ pretty quickly (probably already known by most here).

The All-Powerful Ancient Chaos Lobster is here. Boil some water and melt some butter!

Is the Avatar of Law Ending the hardest to achieve?
Yes  No
Check results

Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

3767 days, 20 hours, 13 minutes and 5 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, September 08, 2003 at 14:29 (GMT -5)

I would say getting to L+ is only tedious, not difficult... Chaotic PCs, on the other hand, have more trouble with corruption.

Die Gedanken sind Frei
Portrait
Ekaterin
Moderator on this forum

Last page view:

5777 days, 17 hours, 4 minutes and 15 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, September 09, 2003 at 05:43 (GMT -5)

When trying for UCG, it's easier to spend most of your time neutral until after you've got the Trident. You can turn chaotic for a short time earlier to feed the ratling and do Gaab-Baay's quests (I turn chaotic by killing the white unicorn). Not only is the corruption problem reduced this way, but almost all NPCs will talk to neutrals, while many of them don't like chaotics.
C<U>
Unregistered user
Posted on Tuesday, September 09, 2003 at 18:58 (GMT -5)

Ekaterin, that's what I do, except I kill khelly (after saving his life) then I go on a murder spree in the towns, then I do rat and crone quests (after storing all the needed items beforehand)
KillerClawLobster
Registered user
Ancient Chaos Lobster

Last page view:

6472 days, 9 hours, 30 minutes and 25 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, September 10, 2003 at 12:47 (GMT -5)

That's why I say UCG ending is one of the easier ones to do. It's a really simple matter to get the ToRR and then slaughter the village (and maybe the dwarven village for good measure) and boom! Your C-. Travel down to one of the last elemental temples (preferably mana) and sac enough gold to get crowned. Cuts way down on the corruption issue with chaotics. Getting to L+, however, takes quite a bit of time.

The All-Powerful Ancient Chaos Lobster is here. Boil some water and melt some butter!
the biz
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, September 10, 2003 at 20:44 (GMT -5)

Killing steel golems in Darkforge got my char to L+ quick, he was on level twenty three. Went up a few levels too. Hateful eternium two handed sword doesnt hurt either...

Only took about 10 minutes real life time
J.
Registered user
You'll never get rid of me

Last page view:

5676 days, 6 hours, 23 minutes and 16 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, September 12, 2003 at 18:42 (GMT -5)

OTOH, lvl 50 chars won't get lawful killing golems.

If you're feeling happy, don't worry, it'll go away.

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."
Lavos
Registered user
Cardiovascular Endurance

Last page view:

7108 days, 8 hours, 28 minutes and 13 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, September 12, 2003 at 20:19 (GMT -5)

there is a bogus paragraph in the guidebook about a lvl 50 PC being able to give 1,000,000 gold to the priest in dwarftown and getting to, at least L- or L from C-. It didnt work.

(:

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: