Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / An Odd Message

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Nitrotic
Registered user
AnDoR DrAkOn's brother, ChUcK

Last page view:

7535 days, 23 hours, 14 minutes and 23 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, September 18, 2003 at 06:15 (GMT -5)

Hey guys. First time poster. I was curious, I was playing as my priesty, and in order to maintain a Neutral alignment (And avoid painful Godly smiting), I gave a beggar some food. Then I took him out into the fields where he promptly died. But I got a strange message.
"The Beggar is killed. You are horrified by the death of your friend. As you watch your friend perish, you are reminded of the old teachings saying that everything has a time to pass on."
Any thoughts?

Two types of men do not fear death. Those who are brave, and those who have nothing to lose...
"Oooh! You look flammable!" - Me.
Portrait
Taz
Registered user

Last page view:

5037 days, 3 hours, 2 minutes and 29 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, September 18, 2003 at 09:14 (GMT -5)

That's weird. You do get messages of how you feel when a companion dies, but the message makes it sound like the beggar died of old age. Can they do that?
Did it happen in the main map or when you press '>' in the wilderness?
Imagine if pets had to eat and you had an Ancient Coloured Wyrm as a hungry pet...
Taz: A potion of gain attributes (4s) is lying here. Suddenly a stone block hits your head! Something on the ground is smashed to pieces!
PeanutGod: Awwww no! How harsh is that! This is where you need the artefact 'mop and bucket'.
Nitrotic
Registered user
AnDoR DrAkOn's brother, ChUcK

Last page view:

7535 days, 23 hours, 14 minutes and 23 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, September 18, 2003 at 09:43 (GMT -5)

Hobgoblin killed him.

Two types of men do not fear death. Those who are brave, and those who have nothing to lose...
"Oooh! You look flammable!" - Me.
Portrait
Taz
Registered user

Last page view:

5037 days, 3 hours, 2 minutes and 29 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, September 18, 2003 at 10:40 (GMT -5)

Oh, that makes much more sense now. He became your companion (got 'tamed') and then got killed. You always get messages when your companion/pet dies. My chaotic trollish farmer got something like "Bingo, the large dog died. You laugh at his death. You never liked Bingo, the large dog much anyway". I guess the message fits in with your alignment and (maybe) class.
Taz: A potion of gain attributes (4s) is lying here. Suddenly a stone block hits your head! Something on the ground is smashed to pieces!
PeanutGod: Awwww no! How harsh is that! This is where you need the artefact 'mop and bucket'.

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: