Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / General / I need help to make arrows

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

RhinChin
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, September 24, 2003 at 05:55 (GMT -5)

Can someone tell me how to get wood for flectery and how to get more flectery sets.
Infact id like to know how everything about this skill plz.
Any help would be great
Portrait
Jan Erik
Administrator

Last page view:

2 days, 6 hours, 52 minutes and 57 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, September 24, 2003 at 06:13 (GMT -5)

Wood is easy, you can get wooden sticks by kicking doors to pieces (close them and kick them till they break) and also find them randomly from time to time. Those sticks are kinda ineffective though. Logs are a lot better (get you more missiles), logs can be obtained by chopping down trees in the wildernes (stand beneath one and use a hatchet), you can also get logs by killing animated trees from the living forest.

Fletchery sets on the other hand is the hard part, they are random and relatively rare, there is no guaranteed way of getting them, though I think archers might have a slightly higher chance of finding them than others. You rarely need to many though, each set is good for multiple users and you generaly find more missiles than you'll know what to do with once you get to the middle game... Just make sure your fletchery sill is maxed out before you start fletching, otherwise you might fail and "waste" the set.

Jan Erik Mydland
HoF admin

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 9/24/2003 at 06:17 (GMT -5) by Jan Erik]
RhinChin
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, September 24, 2003 at 06:18 (GMT -5)

Hey thanks man!
That helps now i can carry on killing things!!
YAY!!!!!!
Portrait
Jan Erik
Administrator

Last page view:

2 days, 6 hours, 52 minutes and 57 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, September 24, 2003 at 07:01 (GMT -5)

About the fletchery set, I think there atualy is a guaranteed one inside the pyramid. In a hidden room on the first floor.

You can't enter before you reach level 12 or 13 though (I forget).

Jan Erik Mydland
HoF admin

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 9/24/2003 at 07:06 (GMT -5) by Jan Erik]
Caladriel
Registered user

Last page view:

4698 days, 21 hours, 31 minutes and 27 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, September 24, 2003 at 11:26 (GMT -5)

Rinchin: you should probably ask these types of questions in the Spoilers forum.

I get most of my arrows from killing bands of bandits and barbarians in the wilderness. Kobolds are also a good source.

Lavos
Registered user
Cardiovascular Endurance

Last page view:

7098 days, 9 minutes and 4 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, September 24, 2003 at 19:01 (GMT -5)

i would agree with that, but your probably at a low level now. Those arrows would kill you long before you ever had time to pick them up and get away.

Be an archer if you want to use arrows. They start off with enough to get you to the point where you can get them yourself, easily.

(:
Portrait
Jonesy
Registered user
Liberate Te Ex Inferis

Last page view:

6507 days, 15 hours, 52 minutes and 41 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, September 24, 2003 at 19:13 (GMT -5)

Agreed.

Always have some missles/missle weapons/spells. You're going to need a ranged attack. But by now you should know that. :-P.

"If God did not exist, it would be necessary to invent him."- Voltaire
"Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven."- John Milton, Paradise Lost
"Yesterday we obeyed kings and bent our necks before emperors. But today we kneel only to truth, follow only beauty, and obey only love."- Kahlil Gibran
"I may disagree with what you have to say, but I shall defend, to the death, your right to say it."- Voltaire.
"What is freedom of expression? Without the freedom to offend, it ceases to exist."-Salman Rushdie

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 9/24/2003 at 19:15 (GMT -5) by Jonesy]
RhinChin
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, September 24, 2003 at 19:24 (GMT -5)

Oh and wat happen to the flectery set after use?
Does it get watsed or do you keep it until you fail to make arrows or something?
Lavos
Registered user
Cardiovascular Endurance

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, September 24, 2003 at 19:28 (GMT -5)

Every time you try to make arrows it lowers the amount of times you can use that set. It should look something like this:

flectery set (7)

That means that you can use it & more times, regardless of your sucessfulness.

(:
RhinChin
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, September 24, 2003 at 19:33 (GMT -5)

Oh ok.

And hmm also since im a archer how should i start the game out. Cause im just in dungeons killing things and getting items now.
Lavos
Registered user
Cardiovascular Endurance

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, September 24, 2003 at 19:40 (GMT -5)

Spoiler
well, i always like to go to the ID or the small cave first, and get to about level 7 or 8. After you do that i would go to terinyo and get the quests (puppy, sherrif, corpenter/druid.) do those quests and try going to http://www.andywlms.com/adom

it might help!

(:

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: