Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / Fire Temple - need help

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

DeaDhErO
Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, September 29, 2003 at 11:02 (GMT -5)

ok i need to get the fire orb. Went up to the 4th level, and from what the dying sage told me i think i need to tunnel through some walls there. Unfortunatly i cant get a pickaxe up there, it burns after 2-3 turns, and i dont have any spells for this either.
Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

3767 days, 5 hours, 23 minutes and 48 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, September 29, 2003 at 11:22 (GMT -5)

Your god might help you out... if you've been nice to him in the past, that is.

Also, Rehetep might have a pickaxe hidden for you somewhere.

Die Gedanken sind Frei

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 9/29/2003 at 11:23 (GMT -5) by Iridia]
DeaDhErO
Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, September 29, 2003 at 11:31 (GMT -5)

i wasnt really nice to my god, he ignores me.
and i dont get into the pyramid anymore, seems to be closed.
but i can get pickaxes from Darkforge, my problem is i dont get them up to the 4th level, they´re always burned before that.
Portrait
Ekaterin
Moderator on this forum

Last page view:

5777 days, 2 hours, 14 minutes and 58 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, September 29, 2003 at 11:58 (GMT -5)

Don't you have a fireproof blanket? If you do, then keep your pickaxes in your pack (rather than in your tool slot) and they'll be safe. However, they still might burn while you're digging with them.

It's easiest to use a wand of digging instead. They're reasonably common, and you should have received at least two guaranteed ones by now (one for doing the dwarven graveyard quest and one from the sage).

Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, September 29, 2003 at 13:08 (GMT -5)

not sure, i have a heap of 2 blankets.
anyway, problem solved, i teleported from stair to stair and was fast enough that way.
DeaDhErO
Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, September 29, 2003 at 13:10 (GMT -5)

^^that was me.
ps: thanks for helping
Lavos
Registered user
Cardiovascular Endurance

Last page view:

7107 days, 17 hours, 38 minutes and 55 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, September 29, 2003 at 19:56 (GMT -5)

a ring of ice (blessed of course) is usually a better choice than the blankets. the blankets can burn but if you where a ring of ice under the elemental gauntlets, it will protect it. problem solved...

(:
Portrait
Ekaterin
Moderator on this forum

Last page view:

5777 days, 2 hours, 14 minutes and 58 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, September 30, 2003 at 04:23 (GMT -5)

No, I think fireproof blankets and no ring of ice is better than a ring of ice and no fireproof blankets. With just the ring of ice, your equipment (both worn and carried) is protected 95% of the time, but the other 5%, anything you're carrying can burn away. With just the blankets, your worn equipment is exposed to the heat, but your pack is completely safe until the blankets burn. I find that two blessed fireproof blankets are enough for clearing out the ToEF, even without a ring of ice. (Of course, the best thing is to have both the ring of ice and the blankets.)

Also make sure you are not cursed or doomed - the blankets burn much faster if you are - and try to be lucky and have fate smile on you.
Tanthalas Pathfinder
Registered user
aka Tanthie

Last page view:

7065 days, 18 hours, 42 minutes and 18 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, September 30, 2003 at 09:18 (GMT -5)

I take only food, a wand of digging and fireproof blankets and the equipment I wear with me to the ToEF. Usually I have rings of ice and sometimes not but it doesn't really matter. Of course I equip the Crown of Science for the fire immunity, though the cursed & doomed thing is quite evil. That's why I'm always on coward mode in there and just keep casting Frost Bolts. Always works with dark elven elementalists. :D Thank you.

"When watching anime, never worry about the consequences."
J.
Registered user
You'll never get rid of me

Last page view:

5675 days, 15 hours, 33 minutes and 58 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, September 30, 2003 at 11:22 (GMT -5)

I wouldn't use the crown of science. Whenever I go to the ToEF lucky/fate smiling I never get a single blanket burnt. Cursed/doomed on the other hand... A blessed RoFR under the elemental gauntlets(you're guaranteed to have both of them) gives a nice fire resistance, and fire drake or dragon corpses are a nice addition to that. After that you won't suffer from the background heat, and the breath attacks aren't that bad. You do have spenseweed and healing potions don't you?

Oh yes, another tip: use (blessed)dragon slaying ammo on the wyrm. Effective.

If you're feeling happy, don't worry, it'll go away.

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 9/30/2003 at 11:25 (GMT -5) by J.]
Portrait
Morio
Registered user
Holy Champion of ADoM

Last page view:

3909 days, 18 hours, 55 minutes and 38 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, October 03, 2003 at 04:54 (GMT -5)

I used a spell called create monster and got a bunch of dwraven chaos knights and one of them dropped a pick axe.
"I don't know what World War 3 will be fought with, but I know World War 4 with be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein
Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

3767 days, 5 hours, 23 minutes and 48 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, October 03, 2003 at 15:02 (GMT -5)

I used a spell called Create Monster and got a bunch of purple j's, who promptly dropped the character.

Die Gedanken sind Frei

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: