Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / Bugger!

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

qpax
Registered user

Last page view:

7405 days, 5 hours, 28 minutes and 49 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, October 24, 2003 at 02:34 (GMT -5)

And so I've screwed it up again: "Oh, cool, I've a scroll of teleportation. Let's visit the mystic. Potions of insight. Great. Whoops. How do I get out now?"

"I want ye to slay a female goblin slavemaster ghul. Return to me when you have succeded."
J.
Registered user
You'll never get rid of me

Last page view:

5673 days, 22 hours, 55 minutes and 45 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, October 24, 2003 at 11:39 (GMT -5)

We all starve to death once in there, don't we? :)

Well, you could create traps, and hope for a teleport trap to show up. I'm not sure if one can be created there, though. A wand of destruction would destroy the walls, but I don't think you've got any. Sometimes, if you mess up reading a book badly, you'll get teleported, so you could try that if you've got books. You could dip wands or scrolls into a PoEx or a PoRC and hope to get a wand/scroll of teleportation.

I can't come up with anything else right now.

EDIT: Oh, I came up with the most unlikely way of all! Summon a monster or monsters with the spell or the wand, if it's a pixie, kill it, if it leaves a corpse, eat it, and you might get teleportitis. That scenario has a lot of big IFs, doesn't it? :) Hmm, actually, it could also be a displacer beast. Eating a corpse of a displacer beast teleports you(and makes you confused&stunned).
If you're feeling happy, don't worry, it'll go away.

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."

[Edited 2 times, last edit on 10/24/2003 at 11:44 (GMT -5) by J.]
Portrait
Maelstrom
Registered user
The Knight of the Black Rose

Last page view:

3126 days, 23 hours, 30 minutes and 37 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, October 24, 2003 at 14:03 (GMT -5)

You think that's bad?
I've been a little scared of the Skeleton King, so I came prepered... lvl 26 barbarian, Skullcrusher, tower eterinium shield, phase dagger in backpack. Crown of leadership (a random drop in ToEF, would you belive it?) on the head.
Froze a 2x2 path, so I wouldn't get killed if confused, that used up my cold wand.
My Wi was high enough to create powerfull fire bolts, so I shot the bastard - didn't have enought charges, so I HAD to finish him with a fireball wand... I just HAD TO.
"The ice melts away in the heat".
AAAARGH! All my stuff was on the other side of the shore, and me with no cold wand left! DAMN MY STUPIDITY!!!

A pessimist sees a dark tunnel.
An optimist sees a light at the end of that tunnel.
A realist sees a train.
And the train driver sees three idiots on the tracks.
Portrait
Taz
Registered user

Last page view:

5035 days, 6 hours, 58 minutes and 18 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, October 25, 2003 at 02:48 (GMT -5)

Get teleportitis, Maelstrom. Just follow J's instructions :P Hopefully you wont telleport onto the water.

EDIT: just relized that teleport does not work in there, but does teleportitis work?

Taz: A potion of gain attributes (4s) is lying here. Suddenly a stone block hits your head! Something on the ground is smashed to pieces!
PeanutGod: Awwww no! How harsh is that! This is where you need the artefact 'mop and bucket'.

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 10/25/2003 at 02:49 (GMT -5) by Taz]
Portrait
Maelstrom
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, October 25, 2003 at 07:05 (GMT -5)

NO IT DOESN'T!!! If it would work, why would anyone bother with freezing the water or building brides?

A realist sees a train.
Portrait
Taz
Registered user

Last page view:

5035 days, 6 hours, 58 minutes and 18 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, October 25, 2003 at 08:02 (GMT -5)

Because they dont have a source of teleportation? :P
I was talking about teleportitis ONLY though. I remember that I was in some place that didn't allow teleportation (maybe water temple) and I had teleportitis and something weird happened. I dont quite remember what it was (though I remember it was about teleportation and that I had teleportitis), but I know that I found it really strange at the time.

Taz: A potion of gain attributes (4s) is lying here. Suddenly a stone block hits your head! Something on the ground is smashed to pieces!
PeanutGod: Awwww no! How harsh is that! This is where you need the artefact 'mop and bucket'.
Portrait
Maelstrom
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, October 25, 2003 at 08:46 (GMT -5)

No, one of the benefits of the non-teleporting places is that you can read the spellbooks without getting disturbed by constant teleports.

The worst part of that is, that if I would have melted just one half of my bridge I still would have lived - my char survied 2 turns in the chaos piranhas, died one just near a frozen square...

A realist sees a train.

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: