Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / I want to become Pre-crowned

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Chris
Unregistered user
Posted on Saturday, October 25, 2003 at 23:59 (GMT -5)

Whenever I sacrifice it gives me messages like "You burn with antiscipation of power" or "You feel spiritually invincible" so how close am i to being Pre-crowned anyone?
Lavos
Registered user
Cardiovascular Endurance

Last page view:

7106 days, 1 hour, 41 minutes and 8 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, October 26, 2003 at 00:32 (GMT -5)

well, your level needs to be 8 + 3* the number of artifacts generated. you must not be at an extreme alignment (L+ N= C-) and you must see the 'extremely close' message. This takes a loarge amount of sacrificing and is very hard.

anything i missed?

(:
J.
Registered user
You'll never get rid of me

Last page view:

5673 days, 23 hours, 36 minutes and 11 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, October 26, 2003 at 03:27 (GMT -5)

If you're "spiritually invincible", you only have too more steps to go, "very close" and "extremely close". Extremely close is the step when you can get pre-/post-/just plain crowned. although sometimes you can get your pre/post/just plain crowning at very close. This is your first time though, so I'd guess you have to wait until extremely close.

Still it's a long way to go. I find the last two steps, maybe even the last one, the longest. They take a lot of saccing. Just keep saccing stomafillia, monsters, collect thousands of seeds with survival and sac them(or the money), whatever you have.

And the formula Lavos gave is for pre/postcrownings. If you're level 8, for example, get precrowned with your alignment at C, then sac some more and get crowned. That way you'll get two artifacts. If you got crowned first, you couldn't get postcrowning until 11. The number of artifacts you have doesn't affect crowning, only pre/postcrowning.

Just a little tip: the burning with blah blah... suggests that you're chaotic. Don't get crowned chaotic, unless you know what you're doing. Crowned chaotics get corrupted faster than other chars, it can get difficult if you get crowned chaotic early in the game. Precrowning is OK, though.
If you're feeling happy, don't worry, it'll go away.

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 10/26/2003 at 03:34 (GMT -5) by J.]
Portrait
Krusty
Registered user
the clown

Last page view:

5596 days, 21 hours, 14 minutes and 35 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, November 24, 2003 at 11:54 (GMT -5)

I guess this is pretty spoily...

Spoiler
I find the best ways to get pre-crowned are with PCs with a high herbalism score. Just go down to the big room and pick up LOTs of stomafilla. Bless it if possible and sacc it all at once. Very easy to get your first pre-crowing this way I find. Other than that if I find a vault early on with an altar on the same level I will get pre-crowned anything just for the shot at an early artifact, but this is a very rare occourance. Remember that you gradually lose piety as game time progresses, so its better to save up a LOT of stuff and sac it all at once.

[Edited 2 times, last edit on 11/24/2003 at 11:55 (GMT -5) by Krusty]

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: