Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / How do you use Smithing?

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Chris1
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, October 30, 2003 at 16:46 (GMT -5)

I know you need a rock with metal viens aka a metal ore and a anvil but do you need a hammer of some sort and if so where do you find them?
Portrait
Jan Erik
Administrator

Last page view:

1 day, 1 hour, 6 minutes and 30 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, October 30, 2003 at 16:57 (GMT -5)

Actualy you need metal infots, but you can make those from ore or just melt down a bunch of weapons and armor (if you are a weaponsmith)...

Any old hammer will do (except the two handed kind I think), warhammers are the most common I believe. You should be eable to find a few from random drops without too much difficulty. AFAIK it doesn't even matter how "good" it is, as long as it's a hammer (they are weapons not tools), though I guess blessing it won't hurt (I honestly don't know if that has any effect).

Jan Erik Mydland
HoF admin
J.
Registered user
You'll never get rid of me

Last page view:

5673 days, 16 hours, 1 minute and 58 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, October 30, 2003 at 17:10 (GMT -5)

You have to weild a hammer, have an anvil in your inventory, be standing in a forge and then apply the skill on the item you want to improve. You must also have ingots or the same metal as the item you're smithing. You can melt ore or items into ingots.

They say wearing an apron has a positive effect on the results...
If you're feeling happy, don't worry, it'll go away.

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."
Chris
Registered user
The One The Only

Last page view:

7406 days, 4 hours, 58 minutes and 2 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, October 31, 2003 at 01:21 (GMT -5)

Where are forges?
"Such is life" - Ned Kelly

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 10/31/2003 at 01:22 (GMT -5) by Chris]
J.
Registered user
You'll never get rid of me

Last page view:

5673 days, 16 hours, 1 minute and 58 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, October 31, 2003 at 09:34 (GMT -5)

There are two guaranteed places, I think. Other than that, they can be randomly generated on any normal dungeon level (barring the ID).

Read the spoiler if you want to know what the guaranteed places are.

Spoiler
Darkforge has many forges. It's the second level of the cave in the middle southern part of the map. It's guarded by tough golems and you get corrupted there. The other guaranteed forge is in dwarftown.

If you're feeling happy, don't worry, it'll go away.

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: