Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / Dramatic deaths

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Portrait
Anarchy
Registered user
yAwN

Last page view:

4906 days, 20 hours, 28 minutes and 5 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, November 10, 2003 at 00:05 (GMT -5)

Did anyone of you had a dramatic death before?For example; fought to save some random guy you meet,and die in the end.Heh.Those who do that should receive credit,since I'm a passionate ADOMer.

Boredom ceases bladder.
Portrait
Anarchy
Registered user
yAwN

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, November 10, 2003 at 02:27 (GMT -5)

IM SERIOUS

Boredom ceases bladder.
the biz
Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, November 10, 2003 at 10:16 (GMT -5)

how about attempting to cross a 5 space wide vertical river on UD 5 with a dwarven farmer without swimming.

This char was good, somewhat close to deity, etc.

I had to pray every step I took across that river. And of course I died on the last water square, after a failed attempt at prayer.

That must have been pretty dramatic for that PC.

Dying on the river's edge like that.
Portrait
Anarchy
Registered user
yAwN

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, November 10, 2003 at 11:29 (GMT -5)

My char(barbarian/forgot his race)managed to get to levels 6-10 with ease and I was quite satisfied with him.Unfortunately,I was ambushed in one the dungeons and got seriously hurt.So I decided to flee to the wilderness.Then,I noticed that I was starving.My Survival skill was still quite low,so I decided to go to Terinyo.Suddenly,a pack of wolves attacked me.I
failed to escape,so I fought vigorously with my two-handed sword.The battle was quite fierce.Just
when I was about to finish off the last few wolves,one of them attacked me and I died.Well,it
was a pretty dramatic death,if you ask me.

Uhh..was that too long?

Boredom ceases bladder.
J.
Registered user
You'll never get rid of me

Last page view:

5673 days, 16 hours, 42 minutes and 42 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, November 10, 2003 at 14:29 (GMT -5)

Nowhere near too long. My posts are usually too long. If I really have anything to say my post will be something like four paragraphs the size of your post. In posts like this where I have absolutely nothing to say I manage with fewer words but still I usually don't just reply with two lines. I think it's better to have some information in every reply you post, that way it's easier to keep the conversation going and on topic.
If you're feeling happy, don't worry, it'll go away.

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."
Lavos
Registered user
Cardiovascular Endurance

Last page view:

7105 days, 18 hours, 47 minutes and 39 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, November 10, 2003 at 14:49 (GMT -5)

im about the opposite. I can just answer the question in 1 or 2 sentences. :P

(:
taz unlogged
Unregistered user
Posted on Tuesday, November 11, 2003 at 04:50 (GMT -5)

or 3 words
Portrait
Ass Whisper
Registered user
the Orcish Bard

Last page view:

7445 days, 23 hours, 6 minutes and 12 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, November 11, 2003 at 11:46 (GMT -5)

or two

Icesus
J.
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, November 11, 2003 at 12:22 (GMT -5)

spam?

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."
Portrait
Maelstrom
Registered user
The Knight of the Black Rose

Last page view:

3126 days, 17 hours, 17 minutes and 34 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, November 11, 2003 at 12:28 (GMT -5)

Tomtato and Spam? Spam, eggs, tomato and spam? Spam, spam, spam, oh wonderfull spam!

A pessimist sees a dark tunnel.
An optimist sees a light at the end of that tunnel.
A realist sees a train.
And the train driver sees three idiots on the tracks.
LarrackG
Registered user
DragonWindGodFist

Last page view:

7321 days, 13 hours, 49 minutes and 23 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, November 12, 2003 at 01:20 (GMT -5)

Dramatic? Uh.. my eighteenth level wizard who got stuck in the tiny room above the assassins guild with no teleportation or way of digging - so he killed himself with a magic missile. It was a fairly powerful magic missile. I had to watch for some time.

My 13th level dark elven farmer fought his way through Reheteps minions in MELEE, then took down Rehetep himself. While sick. With 13hp. I think he/I was a little psycho by that stage.

You pick up the Blessed Amulet of Life Saving. Waldenbrook, the dwarven shopkeeper, slowly turns toward you.

"That will cost you..
..your soul"
Portrait
Ekaterin
Moderator on this forum

Last page view:

5775 days, 3 hours, 23 minutes and 42 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, November 12, 2003 at 04:12 (GMT -5)

I once deliberately executed myself with a magic missile too. It was with an aspiring paragon of order who unfortunately lacked a certain amulet and thought she'd try to lure Jharod to Khelavaster. After she had angered him and lured him to VD:1, and her Calm Monster and Scare Monster spells had totally failed to work on him, she tried to frighten him by beating him almost to death (hoping to offer him peace and calm him down that way). Sadly she accidentally kicked him too hard, killing him, then immediately committed honorable suicide to atone for that evil act.
eL [guest]
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, November 12, 2003 at 04:31 (GMT -5)

To kat, wha!? c00l, didn't know about this one ! :)
Portrait
Ekaterin
Moderator on this forum

Last page view:

5775 days, 3 hours, 23 minutes and 42 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, November 12, 2003 at 04:38 (GMT -5)

Didn't know about what? Luring Jharod to Khelavaster? It probably doesn't work, but since I've never lured him beyond VD:1 I have no way of knowing. To the "cheaters": what happens if you get Jharod and Khelavaster together?

Or was it offering peace you were asking about? Sometimes, if you talk to a frightened monster, you will get the chance to offer peace. If you do, they will "gladly accept the chance to surrender" and calm down, and you'll get some experience (less than you'd get for killing them).
J.
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, November 12, 2003 at 15:55 (GMT -5)

LarrackG, what do you mean with "the tiny room above the assassin's guild?". The one which is two squares wide, the other square containing a wand of teleportation, the other having stairs going down, which, when used, teleport you away?

I don't know of any other small rooms in the assassin's guild dungeon, and that particular small room definately contains a way of teleporting.

Are you sure you didn't commit suicide in vain? >)*manical laughter typical to evil overlords in movies*

Portrait
Ass Whisper
Registered user
the Orcish Bard

Last page view:

7445 days, 23 hours, 6 minutes and 12 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, November 13, 2003 at 02:36 (GMT -5)

*manical laughter typical to evil overlords in movies*

BUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

Icesus
Portrait
Taz
Registered user

Last page view:

5035 days, 45 minutes and 15 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, November 13, 2003 at 03:11 (GMT -5)

can you offer peace to anyone? i sometimes have trouble offering to non-intelligent monsters.

Taz: A potion of gain attributes (4s) is lying here. Suddenly a stone block hits your head! Something on the ground is smashed to pieces!
PeanutGod: Awwww no! How harsh is that! This is where you need the artefact 'mop and bucket'.
Portrait
Anarchy2
Registered user
- Tainted Love -

Last page view:

7291 days, 2 hours, 14 minutes and 15 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, November 13, 2003 at 03:19 (GMT -5)

Monsters will only offer peace when they're afraid.I'm not sure if it happens all the time,though.

Anyone had a dwarf begging for mercy? :)
That would be so undwarf-like.

Fear me not,I'll go nice on you....For now.
J.
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, November 13, 2003 at 12:41 (GMT -5)

Taz, I'm not sure, but I think the monster has to be somewhat intelligent in order for you to communicate with it. I don't know, but I'd guess not all monsters give the option of offering peace when badly wounded.

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: