Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / Can monks kick down walls?

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Balrog
Registered user

Last page view:

7476 days, 9 hours, 21 minutes and 17 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, November 11, 2003 at 21:30 (GMT -5)

In the ADOM Guidebook,section 0.14.11, it says that monks gain the ability to kick down walls at level 13 (this is an undocumented feature). I've played a few monks now and never managed to do it. Does this feature really exist? If so, how do you use it?

-Balrog
Portrait
Morio
Registered user
Holy Champion of ADoM

Last page view:

3907 days, 20 hours, 52 minutes and 27 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, November 12, 2003 at 04:32 (GMT -5)

I've never played a monk but I think that you have to use a special skill CTRL+x

"I don't know what World War 3 will be fought with, but I know World War 4 with be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein
J.
Registered user
You'll never get rid of me

Last page view:

5673 days, 17 hours, 30 minutes and 47 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, November 12, 2003 at 15:50 (GMT -5)

No you don't, it's a special undocumented skill. Before you are lvl 13, you get a message when kicking walls "you practice your kata. the wall doesn't seem to be impressed." After lvl 13, you OCCASIONALLY actually kick the wall down. Isn't nearly 100% guaranteed. Might have something to do with your level and/or strength.
If you're feeling happy, don't worry, it'll go away.

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."
Portrait
Ass Whisper
Registered user
the Orcish Bard

Last page view:

7445 days, 23 hours, 54 minutes and 17 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, November 13, 2003 at 02:33 (GMT -5)

And u can tunnel w/ the monk quite easily (there doesn't need to be empty space behind the wall), so u can dump those silly pickaxes :)

Icesus
Portrait
Taz
Registered user

Last page view:

5035 days, 1 hour, 33 minutes and 20 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, November 13, 2003 at 03:04 (GMT -5)

anywhere? ToEF included?

Taz: A potion of gain attributes (4s) is lying here. Suddenly a stone block hits your head! Something on the ground is smashed to pieces!
PeanutGod: Awwww no! How harsh is that! This is where you need the artefact 'mop and bucket'.
Warlord -notlogged
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, November 13, 2003 at 04:56 (GMT -5)

Anything except the walls which generate the message "Bonk, you hit the wall" or something like that, I believe.
J.
Registered user
You'll never get rid of me

Last page view:

5673 days, 17 hours, 30 minutes and 47 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, November 13, 2003 at 12:42 (GMT -5)

Yes, you can kick down all the walls which you could dig in some other way. So not the arena walls, but yes, it works in ToEF too, I believe.
If you're feeling happy, don't worry, it'll go away.

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: