Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / This seem odd?

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Irregular poster
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, December 03, 2003 at 22:46 (GMT -5)

Okay, I was in Waldenbrooks shop, cleaning my inventory. I decided to try "U"sing a red gem there, and it exploded or something. This partly hurt Waldenbrook and got him mad. I cast calm monster twice, and it worked. I just had to kill a few muscular dwarves. Everybody seemed happy again. (Except my diety, I got a small lawful drop.) But then, I see a message. Waldenbrook picked up a stack of items, instead of repositioning them. I went into the store to investigate, and none of the items there said (unpaid) anymore. Also, "strange herbs" and etc. I had dropped before all became identified. I can now steal anything I want with Waldenbrook happily looking on, and no ill consequences. (Except I can't sell my junk anymore, I just drop in on the floor.)

Is this normal?
Portrait
Anarchy2
Registered user
- Tainted Love -

Last page view:

7290 days, 18 hours, 51 minutes and 3 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, December 04, 2003 at 00:31 (GMT -5)

Uhh.Like,no.

That sounded like,cool.I'll try it someday.

Fear me not,I'll go nice on you....For now.
Warlord*
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, December 04, 2003 at 03:19 (GMT -5)

Cool bug though, now wait for artifacts :)
Portrait
Maelstrom
Registered user
The Knight of the Black Rose

Last page view:

3126 days, 9 hours, 54 minutes and 22 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, December 04, 2003 at 10:14 (GMT -5)

It's not a bug... that was a crystal of fire - If used, it's a Fireball spell, if thrown, it becomes an Improved Fireball.
And the shop thingy - once you attack a shopkeeper, he abandons all his posesions (same happens if you teleport out of the shop, or walk past the shopkeeper). It counts as stealing, and so, if you calm a shopkeeper down, all the stuff will be yours, and the shop area will disappear for the game (it does not count as a shop anymore).

A pessimist sees a dark tunnel.
An optimist sees a light at the end of that tunnel.
A realist sees a train.
And the train driver sees three idiots on the tracks.
Irregular Poster
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, December 04, 2003 at 16:55 (GMT -5)

Okay, thanks Maelstrom. Now I know.
For the rest of you, this isn't as fun as it sounds. Now I can't sell stuff anymore, and I already bought everything that I wanted from him. I backed up a save file from before that happened, and I'll just use that. I really hope I have my 7lgs in that save...
Same ^ guy
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, December 04, 2003 at 16:56 (GMT -5)

oops, I meant 7lbs
Portrait
Maelstrom
Registered user
The Knight of the Black Rose

Last page view:

3126 days, 9 hours, 54 minutes and 22 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, December 05, 2003 at 08:57 (GMT -5)

THere still are other all-around shops in the game, some random and one guaranteed:

Spoiler
There is a place called High Mountain Village (HMV for short), that has such shop. To get to it, you must cross the SMC (small cave NW of Ternyo), go down by 8 levels of UD (the dungeon just beneth SMC) and get out on the other side. Once you find the HMV, you'll be able to enter it from the wilderness (on the other side of the river).
Be carefull, monsters in the SMC (just the first level, labeled SMC) are always 2 times more experienced then you, so even rats can be lethal. Get some source of invisibility, and quickly find the first staircase

A pessimist sees a dark tunnel.
An optimist sees a light at the end of that tunnel.
A realist sees a train.
And the train driver sees three idiots on the tracks.

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 12/5/2003 at 08:57 (GMT -5) by Maelstrom]

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: