Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / Weight prefixes

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Portrait
Ass Whisper
Registered user
the Orcish Bard

Last page view:

7444 days, 5 hours, 43 minutes and 4 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, December 10, 2003 at 04:17 (GMT -5)

Wouldn't it be nice if these different weight-related prefixes had some actual difference?

First thing that pops into my mind is that heavier weapons should make more dmg and have less toHit and vice versa. Something like:

ultra heavy (8x normal weight) -8 tohit, +8 todam
extra heavy (4x normal weight) -4 tohit, +4 todam
heavy (2x normal weight) -2 tohit, +2 todam
light (half normal weight) +1 tohit, -1 todam

Kinda like the "hefty" prefix. This meaningless weight prefix has buggered me some time, and it only makes sense that a light club that's weighing more than 10 times less than an ultra heavy would make less dmg, and would be easier to handle.

Post any improvements & ideas, and I'll make it a RFE. Ya, i know they prolly won't make it to the game (damn TB) but at least we tried :)

Likewise, the armour could have same kinda thing. Less weight means more bulky (+DV) and less protection (-PV).

Icesus

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 12/10/2003 at 04:19 (GMT -5) by Ass Whisper]
J.
Registered user
You'll never get rid of me

Last page view:

5671 days, 23 hours, 19 minutes and 34 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, December 10, 2003 at 12:45 (GMT -5)

Think of them as magical curses/blessings cast into the item, that just makes it feel like it weighs more/less, but for the one carrying it. Then there would be no logical reason why they would do less/more damage.

Isn't it nice how you can always apply some logic into fantasy and sci-fi? :)
If you're feeling happy, don't worry, it'll go away.

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."
Portrait
Taz
Registered user

Last page view:

5033 days, 7 hours, 22 minutes and 7 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, December 12, 2003 at 05:41 (GMT -5)

lol, yeah, but try doing it without using the word 'magic' :P

i think taht the idea is interesting, but the difference should be bigger, otherwise after a while + or - a few to-hit and to-damage dont really make a difference, yeah? (correct me if i'm wrong though)

Taz: A potion of gain attributes (4s) is lying here. Suddenly a stone block hits your head! Something on the ground is smashed to pieces!
PeanutGod: Awwww no! How harsh is that! This is where you need the artefact 'mop and bucket'.
Portrait
Ass Whisper
Registered user
the Orcish Bard

Last page view:

7444 days, 5 hours, 43 minutes and 4 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, December 12, 2003 at 07:30 (GMT -5)

Very true, 'cos the weighs are like times 8 not +8. More suggestions could be in order. I really think that the different weight of weapons could me more that a nuisance in the game.

Icesus
taz unlogged
Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, December 15, 2003 at 07:23 (GMT -5)

have them as multipliers maybe (for both to-hit and to-damage).

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: