Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / I need stuff

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Some guy
Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, December 26, 2003 at 23:44 (GMT -5)

My current char has done everything I know how to do. (Except gremlin cave and HMV.) and that means I'll need to do darkforge and ToeF soon. (I've been down to the blocked stairs in CoC.) I have level 2 fire resistance, but in my journeys thus far I haven't got fireproof blankets or rings of ice. Where's the easiest place to get that sort of thing? And are there alternatives?

(This has nothing to do with anything, but I got justifier as a my crowning gift, which is lots of good wholesome fun in the graveyards.)
Bezrend
Registered user

Last page view:

3283 days, 3 hours, 8 minutes and 27 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, December 27, 2003 at 06:15 (GMT -5)

Uhh. Can't think of any places where those items are guaranteed. I suppose you'll just have to look around shops and stuff, and hope for luck. Or wish for them.

Some guy
Unregistered user
Posted on Saturday, December 27, 2003 at 10:26 (GMT -5)

I've been to all the shops, including Leggot's now. I guess I could drink from some pools, but I usually don't. And wishes still aren't very guaranteed. What's the best place to scum for them? ID? And how does everybody else get them?
Portrait
Anarchy2
Registered user
- Tainted Love -

Last page view:

7289 days, 7 hours, 39 minutes and 23 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, December 27, 2003 at 10:55 (GMT -5)

I get wishes more often from pools than rings/wands/etc and stuff.

Fear me not,I'll go nice on you....For now.
Some guy
Unregistered user
Posted on Saturday, December 27, 2003 at 11:17 (GMT -5)

Okay fine, I'll try the pools.

Man, I hope I get TCtr too...
Chris
Registered user
The One The Only

Last page view:

7404 days, 11 hours, 3 minutes and 54 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, December 28, 2003 at 03:44 (GMT -5)

What version do you play cos if you play version 1.0.0 I can send you blessed fireproof blankets and rings of ice.
"Such is life" - Ned Kelly
the biz
Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, December 29, 2003 at 09:34 (GMT -5)

you get a blessed fireproof blanket by completing all of the dwarven elder's quests in Dwarftown.
the biz
Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, December 29, 2003 at 09:54 (GMT -5)

you get a blessed fireproof blanket by completing all of the dwarven elder's quests in Dwarftown.
Some guy
Unregistered user
Posted on Tuesday, December 30, 2003 at 20:40 (GMT -5)

*Spoily, probably*

You don't always get fireproof blankets, this guy got the suit of armor. I've never actually got the set of blankets and healing potions and stuff, I always get the suit of armor, and I got rolf's savior once. (I'm glad I didn't get Rolf's Savior this time, I found Protector later.) Anyway, I got the wishes from darkforge, first for fireproof blankets and later nether bolt for the tomb of the high kings. I'll admit to savescumming, otherwise I wouldn't have got any wishes at all. Beat ToeF second try, thanks to savescumming, but this guy was a tank even without it, over 50 PV thanks to stuff I kept finding.

Yet, this same guy was killed by two consecutive battle bunny crits... I'm done with him now.

Reminds me of another question that I need to ask. I'll do that here instead of another thread.

Aren't the bunnies supposed to stop breeding once you kill Bugs? I did, and they kept going at it as fast as ever. If there's some minor variables I'll tell all the details I can think of. I'm running 1.1.1, I tunneled around the bunnies to the back to kill Bugs, and oh yeah, I was savescumming. Does anybody have an explanation why killing Bugs didn't work?
J.
Registered user
You'll never get rid of me

Last page view:

5671 days, 22 hours, 7 minutes and 50 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, January 01, 2004 at 07:54 (GMT -5)

They mate, breed, that sort of stuff. Don't need no Bugs for that.
If you're feeling happy, don't worry, it'll go away.

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."
Some guy
Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, January 02, 2004 at 01:22 (GMT -5)

Well, I thought they were supposed to stop breeding, or at least slow down. Whatever. Then is there really any way of killing all those bunnies, or should I just get to stairs as soon as possible?
Portrait
Anarchy2
Registered user
- Tainted Love -

Last page view:

7289 days, 7 hours, 39 minutes and 23 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, January 02, 2004 at 01:54 (GMT -5)

The latter would be good.

Fear me not,I'll go nice on you....For now.
J.
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, January 02, 2004 at 04:34 (GMT -5)

Next game you play, use a wand of digging and go through the wall instead of going round. You'll face a lot less bunnies.

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."
Portrait
Taz
Registered user

Last page view:

5033 days, 6 hours, 10 minutes and 23 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, January 03, 2004 at 03:35 (GMT -5)

i think they breed slower without bugs, yeah?

Taz: A potion of gain attributes (4s) is lying here. Suddenly a stone block hits your head! Something on the ground is smashed to pieces!
PeanutGod: Awwww no! How harsh is that! This is where you need the artefact 'mop and bucket'.
Portrait
wakka
Registered user
Tha kitten slayer

Last page view:

6728 days, 7 hours, 58 minutes and 19 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, January 03, 2004 at 17:48 (GMT -5)

also, being invisible and having stealth 100 helps.

And my point was...
Portrait
Maelstrom
Registered user
The Knight of the Black Rose

Last page view:

3124 days, 22 hours, 42 minutes and 42 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, January 04, 2004 at 13:36 (GMT -5)

Invisibility does not help in the Bug ruins, since 1.1.0 they see invisible.

A pessimist sees a dark tunnel.
An optimist sees a light at the end of that tunnel.
A realist sees a train.
And the train driver sees three idiots on the tracks.
Jelly Cube
Registered user
Ur Friendly Neiborhood Dessert

Last page view:

7108 days, 21 hours, 45 minutes and 22 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, January 04, 2004 at 14:25 (GMT -5)

Maelstrom, their talking about the battle bunnies, not the Bug ruins.

I dedicate my life to you, Katie Durkin.
My sword as well, is dedicated.
J.
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, January 04, 2004 at 14:54 (GMT -5)

Yes, Bugs is the master, master, master of battlebunnies who's pulling their strings, twisting their minds and smashing their dreams and that sort of stuff.

BTW, supposedly he affects their breeding rate, at least that's what the GB mentions.

Chris
Registered user
The One The Only

Last page view:

7404 days, 11 hours, 3 minutes and 54 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, January 04, 2004 at 18:28 (GMT -5)

"master, master, master of puppets pulling the strings yeah, twisting thier minds and smashing thier dreams" - Master of Puppets - James Hetfield hey are you a Metallica fan too?
"Such is life" - Ned Kelly
Agilan
Unregistered user
Posted on Sunday, January 04, 2004 at 23:21 (GMT -5)

I went through the wall and killed bugs straight out. Solved the Bunny prob. Anybody got a good way to get the earth orb? The earth grues are very, VERY hard to get pass. WHy can/t i go 2 the bug temple? i'm level 34 with no corruption(thanks to the unicorn).
Portrait
Taz
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, January 05, 2004 at 00:43 (GMT -5)

you gotta have a certain number of deaths in your hi-scores. i'm not sure how many though (more than 100)

Taz: A potion of gain attributes (4s) is lying here. Suddenly a stone block hits your head! Something on the ground is smashed to pieces!
PeanutGod: Awwww no! How harsh is that! This is where you need the artefact 'mop and bucket'.
LarrackG
Registered user
DragonWindGodFist

Last page view:

7319 days, 19 hours, 14 minutes and 31 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, January 06, 2004 at 03:08 (GMT -5)

Fill the high score table.

You pick up the Blessed Amulet of Life Saving. Waldenbrook, the dwarven shopkeeper, slowly turns toward you.

"That will cost you..
..your soul"
J.
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, January 06, 2004 at 04:38 (GMT -5)

It's the number of games you've played=the number of created chars. They don't have to be in the high score table, so you can just start random chars and quit them right away. IIRC the number of games played is stored in the adom.cnt file and it's checked for every char when you create the char. So if you have a char who cannot enter the bug ruins, well then he cannot enter them, and it doesn't help that char to kill of new chars. But later chars will be able to enter the place.

Portrait
Taz
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, January 10, 2004 at 10:16 (GMT -5)

oh, ok, i probably died with the same character 50 times, which is why i still couldn't get in there even though my hiscores were filled up :P

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: