Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / Stupid guestions...help please

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Unregistered user
Posted on Sunday, December 28, 2003 at 05:03 (GMT -5)

I just started playing ADOM and i got some irritating problems that i cant figgure out...

1. How can i make arrows? I like playing as archer but i ran out of arrows . I got some fletching sets but i dont know how to get wood.I need an axe? once i hade a hand axe but i still didnt know how to chop trees.And now i cant even find any axe... =)

2. THE MOST FOOLISH GUESTION:
Do i have to sleep?I was fighting a huge pack of jackals and i fell to sleep 2 times before i got them all killed. I guess i was tired?, so should i sleep?, how?

3. What does Haggling-skill do? i cant find a english diary =P

Please dont tell me to read FAQ and guidebook, allready tryed those...100 times..

[Edited 2 times, last edit on 12/28/2003 at 05:06 (GMT -5) by its author]
Ferret
Registered user
Master Mindcrafter

Last page view:

5876 days, 10 hours, 38 minutes and 9 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, December 28, 2003 at 10:04 (GMT -5)

1) To make arrows you need a fletchery set and some wooden sticks/logs. Wooden sticks are easy to get - just kick down closed doors. Logs are a lot bigger so you get more arrows out of them, you can get these from using a hatchet while standing under a tree or by killing animated trees found on a certain level in the CoC.

2) Nope you never have to sleep in adom, however some monsters have an attack while causes you to fall asleep leaving you vunerable till you wake. In your case in was due to a jackalwere (the pinkinsh "d" which summoned all the other jackals)

3) Using the haggling skill on a shopkeeper will lower the prices in the shop if your skill is high enough. Beware though, cos if your skill is low the prices will be raised instead.

Hope dat helped
Unregistered user
Posted on Sunday, December 28, 2003 at 11:09 (GMT -5)

Thank you!
Unregistered user
Posted on Sunday, December 28, 2003 at 13:35 (GMT -5)

Umm... just wondering...do i have to buy those rocks for sling? Or get them by kicking solid rocks or something?,lol.

I can find only those 2 lame villages and some hut,i hope theres somewhere is a huge city with good stores?

Warlord*
Unregistered user
Posted on Sunday, December 28, 2003 at 13:49 (GMT -5)

Lol, well you can kick down walls...you need to be certain class of certain experience.

But it is easier to just find them... dungeons have plenty. Most tension rooms, once you open the door, have a few dozens, when the walls break.
Not all tension rooms though.

About cities...well sorry, no big cities. Only towns and villages.
Chris
Registered user
The One The Only

Last page view:

7404 days, 14 hours, 16 minutes and 45 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, December 28, 2003 at 22:50 (GMT -5)

The easiest way to find rocks is to kill Goblin Rockthrowers (g) or Dwarfs (h) to get thier pick axes then put it in your tool slot in your inventory and "U"se in front of a wall to dig through but the lower your mining skill is the faster your pick axe will break.(So mining level 100 is recommended)
"Such is life" - Ned Kelly

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 12/28/2003 at 22:51 (GMT -5) by Chris]
Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

3763 days, 15 hours, 10 minutes and 31 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, December 28, 2003 at 22:51 (GMT -5)

Have you gone in the dungeons yet?... hope so... that's where you get all your stuff. Main source of stuff is killing things; shops aren't near as important as they are in other games.

Die Gedanken sind Frei
Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, December 29, 2003 at 05:55 (GMT -5)

THX! but i still got
Even more guestions.;)

How does herbalism work? i tryed using it all over the wildness but i cant find any herbs.

What does Potion of Booze do? i played with dwarf barbarian and i had lots of them. Attleast they taste good. =P

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 12/29/2003 at 05:55 (GMT -5) by its author]
Klavert
Registered user
The Hurthling

Last page view:

6527 days, 2 hours, 34 minutes and 18 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, December 29, 2003 at 06:01 (GMT -5)

For herbalism you need to find a herb plant, they just appear in dungeons. They look like a green ".

Spoiler
You can give potions of booze to the fool in teryino and he'll give a random potion in return, IIRC

Klavert
-I want ye to slay a rat to prove your valor- Thrundarr
That really happened to me :D
Portrait
Anarchy2
Registered user
- Tainted Love -

Last page view:

7289 days, 10 hours, 52 minutes and 14 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, December 29, 2003 at 06:20 (GMT -5)

Spoiler
Or you could dip wands into potions of booze for extra charges.

Fear me not,I'll go nice on you....For now.

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: