Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Random corruption?!?

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Jelly Cube
Registered user
Ur Friendly Neiborhood Dessert

Last page view:

7101 days, 7 hours, 54 minutes and 26 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, January 01, 2004 at 13:14 (GMT -5)

For some reason, I am walking around the CoC and I get corrupted for no reason. I am carrying no part of the Chaos Trinity. Is it because I am in the CoC?

I dedicate my life to you, Katie Durkin.
My sword as well, is dedicated.
Warlord*
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, January 01, 2004 at 13:39 (GMT -5)

Yes, it is the background corruption that did it.
Portrait
Maelstrom
Registered user
The Knight of the Black Rose

Last page view:

3117 days, 8 hours, 51 minutes and 46 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, January 01, 2004 at 13:41 (GMT -5)

THe deeper you descend, the closer to the CHaos gate you are.
Background corruption kicks in on levels deeper then 9 (in most dungeons, there are some special ones with background corruption on all levels).

A pessimist sees a dark tunnel.
An optimist sees a light at the end of that tunnel.
A realist sees a train.
And the train driver sees three idiots on the tracks.
Jelly Cube
Registered user
Ur Friendly Neiborhood Dessert

Last page view:

7101 days, 7 hours, 54 minutes and 26 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, January 01, 2004 at 13:57 (GMT -5)

ok thanks, i was worried for a bit.

I dedicate my life to you, Katie Durkin.
My sword as well, is dedicated.
Portrait
Jonesy
Registered user
Liberate Te Ex Inferis

Last page view:

6506 days, 2 hours, 5 minutes and 28 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, January 06, 2004 at 21:45 (GMT -5)

Wearing the elemental gauntlets cuts corruption in half.
0.10.2.4.3 When used
Wearing the elemental gauntlets halves the amount of corruption caused.

(Recent posting by ToGU about a guidebook update)

Here's the whole info.

When the chaos orbs are used they corrupt for the following amounts:
mana: 5000
air: 500
fire: 300
water: 600
earth: 300
wearing the elemental gauntlets *halves* this for all orbs and is strongly recommended

"If God did not exist, it would be necessary to invent him."- Voltaire
"Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven."- John Milton, Paradise Lost
"Yesterday we obeyed kings and bent our necks before emperors. But today we kneel only to truth, follow only beauty, and obey only love."- Kahlil Gibran
"I may disagree with what you have to say, but I shall defend, to the death, your right to say it."- Voltaire.
"What is freedom of expression? Without the freedom to offend, it ceases to exist."-Salman Rushdie

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 1/6/2004 at 22:32 (GMT -5) by Jonesy]
Portrait
Taz
Registered user

Last page view:

5025 days, 16 hours, 19 minutes and 27 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, January 08, 2004 at 03:15 (GMT -5)

elemental gauntlets cut ALL corruption by half!?

Taz: A potion of gain attributes (4s) is lying here. Suddenly a stone block hits your head! Something on the ground is smashed to pieces!
PeanutGod: Awwww no! How harsh is that! This is where you need the artefact 'mop and bucket'.
Portrait
Jonesy
Registered user
Liberate Te Ex Inferis

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, January 08, 2004 at 07:42 (GMT -5)

Yep.

"Yesterday we obeyed kings and bent our necks before emperors. But today we kneel only to truth, follow only beauty, and obey only love."- Kahlil Gibran
"I may disagree with what you have to say, but I shall defend, to the death, your right to say it."- Voltaire.
"What is freedom of expression? Without the freedom to offend, it ceases to exist."-Salman Rushdie
Warlord*
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, January 08, 2004 at 07:45 (GMT -5)

All? Wow, didn't know that...very useful...
Portrait
Taz
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, January 10, 2004 at 10:38 (GMT -5)

yeah

Taz: A potion of gain attributes (4s) is lying here. Suddenly a stone block hits your head! Something on the ground is smashed to pieces!
PeanutGod: Awwww no! How harsh is that! This is where you need the artefact 'mop and bucket'.
J.
Registered user
You'll never get rid of me

Last page view:

5664 days, 8 hours, 16 minutes and 54 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, January 10, 2004 at 18:03 (GMT -5)

What about background corruption? Probably won't halve that, and shouldn't, but it's not mentioned anywhere that it doesn't halve it.
If you're feeling happy, don't worry, it'll go away.

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."
Portrait
Jonesy
Registered user
Liberate Te Ex Inferis

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, January 10, 2004 at 20:33 (GMT -5)

I'm guessing background corruption, too. My guy's getting pretty near the day 90 mark, and I've only gotten 1 corruption from background corruption after getting the gauntlets (which I wear constantly).

J.
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, January 11, 2004 at 05:26 (GMT -5)

Wow, if that's true, then we've got ourselves the best gloves in the game. Someone should research this.

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."
Warlord*
Unregistered user
Posted on Sunday, January 11, 2004 at 09:22 (GMT -5)

Indeed the best. Half corruption from everywhere...that's huge. I think I might have had a way to research this, but GameHack 2 doesn't seem to work on xp :(
Jonesy*u*
Unregistered user
Posted on Sunday, January 11, 2004 at 16:05 (GMT -5)

If it involves finding the value for corruption, I already have it for Adom-Sage. I could probably port it to WinBeta4 if you need it. I used GenTrain. (Total shite, but hey, it works.)
Achillies
Registered user
Mymirdon King

Last page view:

7403 days, 7 hours, 54 minutes and 22 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, January 12, 2004 at 00:55 (GMT -5)

Even though Ive never quite won the game (almost with a dark elf beastfighter, but was turned into a WMoPC with only a couple of beasts left)will all corruption stop after the gate levers are pulled? Do the beasts with corrupting touch (balors, etc.)lose the corrupt ability?

Im asking this because if (when) I manage to win, should I be concerned about turning into a WMoPC?

"Not Zeus himself nor any other Power Shall save this madman who defies the Gods!".....Phoebus Apollo
Portrait
Maelstrom
Registered user
The Knight of the Black Rose

Last page view:

3117 days, 8 hours, 51 minutes and 46 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, January 12, 2004 at 10:18 (GMT -5)

If you close the gate, only the background corrutpion will stop (and it's quite huge on the lower levels). Chaos monsters still corrupt you with their hits, artefacts containing the essence of chaos will corrupt you.

A pessimist sees a dark tunnel.
An optimist sees a light at the end of that tunnel.
A realist sees a train.
And the train driver sees three idiots on the tracks.
Portrait
Taz
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, January 13, 2004 at 00:54 (GMT -5)

i'm wearing my elemental gauntlets nonstop now. ok, i take them off and put on thick gauntlets when i eat or drink something or pick up potions/food. stupid poison hands...

here's a question to those of you who don't save scum. if you had the poison hands corruption and were playing, then decided to make a back up of the game just in case it crashes. you keep playing after you make the back up, happily wearing the thick gauntlets. you drop most of your potions, scrolls, wands, etc, somewhere safe cuz you'll be fighting against a tension room of air elementals. you kill all of them, dont realize taht your gauntlets were burned off, then go back to pick up all your potions. bang, you've just made 100 potions of poison. would you use your back up?

Portrait
Mewto
Registered user

Last page view:

3599 days, 15 hours, 45 minutes and 1 second ago.
Posted on Tuesday, January 13, 2004 at 09:21 (GMT -5)

maybe

For the Horde!
J.
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, January 13, 2004 at 09:28 (GMT -5)

Look man, if you want to save scum then go for it, just don't start bragging with a savescummed char.

Portrait
Morio
Registered user
Holy Champion of ADoM

Last page view:

3898 days, 11 hours, 38 minutes and 34 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, January 14, 2004 at 02:37 (GMT -5)

I'wouldn't and it actually happened to me and I turned about 50 potions of healing, extra healing and ultra healing into poision before realizing what I was doing

"I don't know what World War 3 will be fought with, but I know World War 4 with be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein
Portrait
Taz
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, January 15, 2004 at 00:19 (GMT -5)

J, i'm not bragging (ok, though i get really happy when i manage to do something i've never done before even though i had to cheat to do it), i'm just curious to see how different people would react to that.

[EDIT]: *adds smileys cuz this post sounds harsh when i dont mean it to* :P

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 1/15/2004 at 00:21 (GMT -5) by Taz]
J.
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, January 16, 2004 at 07:05 (GMT -5)

I'm not saying you are, just something I felt like to say so you won't do it in the future. My post sounded quite harsh too, but didn't mean to offend or anything.

I've had that happen once or twice, and it's annoying to lose lots of potions, but mid to late game you'll be finding all kinds of potions left and right so it's really no big deal. Plus I had some fun poisoning monsters with 200 potions of poison :P

Portrait
Taz
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, January 17, 2004 at 02:26 (GMT -5)

cool :)

yeah, well, i'm a bit of a bragger sometimes *sheepish grin*, though i only brag when i really did something worth bragging about (no savescumming, hehehe)

i get enough potions of poison with my assassin. lucky that i noticed that my thick gauntlets were burned off before i started picking up my potions again otherwise my 4 PoGA and 3 PoCC (i've been saving those VERY carefully in the ogre cave, but since i didn't expect to go up again, i had all the stuff i wanted with me) would have been turned into poison :-S

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: