Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / a lucky story/incident

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

[RFA]_thegathering
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, January 01, 2004 at 17:33 (GMT -5)

ok, i am currently a lvl. 11 orc priest. i was in the third level of the endless dungeon and killed a ratling archer. along with 94 gold pieces, also laying on the ground was a climbing set, which is very unusual considering that u are supposed to quest for climbing sets. then after finishing exploring that level. i decided to go back up to the top so that i could sell some items i picked up. low and behold on the 2nd level, just laying out in the open on the floor were a single pile of 2684 gold pieces just lying there plain in sight. now is that luck or what? share your stories also
Warlord*
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, January 01, 2004 at 18:57 (GMT -5)

Can't remember stories now, but I do remember that climbing sets aren't quested. They are found randomly around and also there are few guaranteed.
Portrait
Anarchy2
Registered user
- Tainted Love -

Last page view:

7289 days, 9 hours, 9 minutes and 15 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, January 01, 2004 at 20:07 (GMT -5)

Therefore,finding a climbing set is not 'unusual'.But it is 'fortunate',ofcourse.

Fear me not,I'll go nice on you....For now.
Agilan
Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, January 02, 2004 at 00:23 (GMT -5)

Climbing set CAN be found almost anywhere. I don't play orc or trolls because they r chaotic and get corrupted faster than others. But i've got a trollish healer who is lawful.
Kukko
Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, January 02, 2004 at 03:22 (GMT -5)

Hmmm....I played hight elf ranger. Everything was going pretty well, but when i tryed to remove my short sword i noticed it was cursed.
I played for a while and then i found a broad sword, took it in my hand , cursed!
So i went to that endless dungeon to look for scroll of uncursing, there was some little water in the cave so i decided to swimm over it.WHAT A FOOLISH IDEA! Both of cursed swords rusted, and it destroyed the spellbook i had found.
I still kept looking for that scroll and killed lots and lots of monsters, but i didnt find any.
Then i looked at my inventory: I HAD:
RIGHT HAND: cursed rusty broken short sword
LEFT HAND : cursed rusty broadsword

It still took lots of time until that cursed rusty broken short sword destroyed totally and i got it off.

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 1/2/2004 at 03:23 (GMT -5) by its author]
Portrait
Anarchy2
Registered user
- Tainted Love -

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, January 02, 2004 at 04:47 (GMT -5)

That happens to me a LOT.And I usually get stuck with the crappiest of weapons.

Warlord*
Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, January 02, 2004 at 08:01 (GMT -5)

This is very usual when trying to find the decent spear from a stack of 20 orcish spears. I somehow always get stuck with the worst one and the 'of penetration' and stuff just rot in my backpack
Chris
Registered user
The One The Only

Last page view:

7404 days, 12 hours, 33 minutes and 46 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, January 02, 2004 at 14:26 (GMT -5)

Spoiler
The only guarenteed Climbing Set is in the Gremlin Cave which is Southwest of the Tower of Eternal Flames

And I don't play as Trolls cos they need so much exp to get to Lv.50 something like over 52 million.
"Such is life" - Ned Kelly
Portrait
Jonesy
Registered user
Liberate Te Ex Inferis

Last page view:

6513 days, 17 hours, 26 minutes and 16 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, January 02, 2004 at 16:22 (GMT -5)

There is another climbing set in the pyramid, plus there's one from the ratling at the bottom of the rift.

"If God did not exist, it would be necessary to invent him."- Voltaire
"Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven."- John Milton, Paradise Lost
"Yesterday we obeyed kings and bent our necks before emperors. But today we kneel only to truth, follow only beauty, and obey only love."- Kahlil Gibran
"I may disagree with what you have to say, but I shall defend, to the death, your right to say it."- Voltaire.
"What is freedom of expression? Without the freedom to offend, it ceases to exist."-Salman Rushdie
Warlord*
Unregistered user
Posted on Saturday, January 03, 2004 at 19:52 (GMT -5)

Damn, I lost my promising human archer... he found 7LBs (blessed them), addy scimitar, poisonous mith scimitar in early levels. Got 2 rings of ice and a lot of other good stuff, I had arrows to spare and who knows what. And got killed by a doppleganger lord. I thought I had pretty easy kill from him, confused him first with a potion and poisoned him with my scimitar. Right before I fled to let him die on poison, he uses 2 attack turns to clear from confusion, confused me on the next and then scored 2 crits.

I should have guessed my luck was too good to be true :(
Agilan
Unregistered user
Posted on Saturday, January 03, 2004 at 23:52 (GMT -5)

to everybody, i finally killed d ancient chaos wyrm. I went near him and cast The ice ball spell until he died. But he is not the strongest creature i ever met, the strongest one is the master cat lord. He is very, very good. I just went down without meeting him. Anyone beat him before?
J.
Registered user
You'll never get rid of me

Last page view:

5671 days, 23 hours, 37 minutes and 42 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, January 04, 2004 at 14:46 (GMT -5)

The cat lord can be very tough, and he gets tougher when you kill more cats. But if you're nice to cats (as in you don't kill any) he'll reward you.

A wand of paralyzation is great, although he can shrug the bolts off, once you get a hit he'll be helpless for many turns.
If you're feeling happy, don't worry, it'll go away.

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."
Chris
Registered user
The One The Only

Last page view:

7404 days, 12 hours, 33 minutes and 46 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, January 04, 2004 at 18:33 (GMT -5)

Yea your right Jonsey I forgot about those 2 Climbing Sets but what good is the 1 in the Rift to anyone if you need 1 to enter the rift? But I guess you can get the 1 from the Pyramid or the Gremlin Cave if you have both Detect Traps & Disarm Traps skills of 100.
"Such is life" - Ned Kelly
Agilan
Unregistered user
Posted on Sunday, January 04, 2004 at 23:14 (GMT -5)

I've killed 548 cats all together. The cat lord killed me in 4 attacks eventhough my dwarven wizard was on coward mode with 110/75 dv/pv. I tried burning hands on him but it only slightly injured him. my pe:40+ 4 burning hands. Pretty strong guy, huh?
Agilan
Unregistered user
Posted on Sunday, January 04, 2004 at 23:17 (GMT -5)

The rift is a good place. The library contains almost all the spell books. it's a useless place for fighter class though. Apart from that, a lot of strong creatures like titans snd greater molochs.
ararar
Unregistered user
Posted on Tuesday, January 06, 2004 at 17:00 (GMT -5)

Actually you don't need a climbing set to enter the rift, I just jumped there with my lvl 23 helf beastfighter and STUPIDLY got killed by a f*cking stone ooze.. anyway, climbing was 100 and stuff. No climbing set was needed.
Warlord*
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, January 07, 2004 at 00:07 (GMT -5)

Hmmmm according to GB:

A climbing set is required (although ADOM 1.0.0 and g16p2, at least, have a bug which causes this to be ignored) and the Climbing skill must be at 100. The PC must be at least experience level 18
qpax
Registered user

Last page view:

7403 days, 6 hours, 10 minutes and 46 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, January 07, 2004 at 02:13 (GMT -5)

Agilan, library ISN'T useless for fighters, because when you give the Librarian some scrolls or books you get a bless. And if you give him enough of them, you get permamently blessed. The toughest creature to me is ( as for the level you are when find him ) the Eternal Guardian. He has 2000 hp, 50 PV, I think and he is strong. Once I managed to kill the guy with a mindcrafter. When I did it, another one appeared. Luckily the second one was worse than the first one and I got to the stair before third one appeared.
As for the cursed items, they always go rusty, they break and you get in trouble. Once I had found some cursed spear ( In the cute dog cave. I didn't know that i was cursed then ). As I realized that I was in trouble, I went to the Infinite Dungeon and started looking for a scroll of uncursing. When I had found it exp level was 21. I read the scroll. It was cursed. I didn't have a single potion of water, that I could dip the spear into, so I left the ID. I went to the cute dog cave, where a fencer disarmed me. Cool, I thought. Few minutes after I was the owner of a spear of devastation. I thought that i was invincible. Then I have found an amulet of water breathing. That was even better. And guess what happened then. A fire lizard ( or sth., I can't remember now ) melt my amulet. I didn't notice that. Later I fought some tough monster and I wasn't doing very well, so I decided to run away and recover somewhere. The only way led through water, so I swam across it. Somehow, I managed to survive, but my spear of devastation went rusty. On the other side of the water there was a margoyle. I hit it and my spear broke. After some 30 turns of hopeless fight I was dead.

Once the beginning I went straight to the small cave and found an eternium halberd. Gee. With an almost undestructible and a very good weapon I could go really far. Well, I had not. On the first level of cute dog cave a stone block hit my head and killed me.

"I want ye to slay a female goblin slavemaster ghul. Return to me when you have succeded."
Warlord*
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, January 07, 2004 at 04:03 (GMT -5)

You gotta hate'em stone blocks...
Möwe
Registered user

Last page view:

6616 days, 10 hours, 47 minutes and 4 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, January 07, 2004 at 05:17 (GMT -5)

@Agilan
548 cats? where did you find that many?
Serves you right that the cat lord killed you. Going around killing 548 cute kitties!

One time I thought it would be a nice way to get rid of my cursed weapon by getting it to rust away while swimming in the river. It didn't. It just went rusty, later it broke of course.
Another brilliant idea I had to get rid of a cursed weapon was to attack an ochre jelly hoping at some point it would get destroyed. Pretty soon I had a cursed weapon with which I couldn't hit the jelly anymore.
Agilan
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, January 07, 2004 at 10:14 (GMT -5)

When i played the char, the were so many rooms filled with lion or whatever the creatures name with the yellow f. So many of them, in the mountains. I always engage them in battle because the supply me with food. Anyway, i had this cool spear of slaughtering with a crystal tower shield. Totally indestructable. But it got rusty thanks to a water trap, then broke, later was disarmed, and right after i killed ratling fencer, an ogre magus appeared and kilt me....tisk,tisk...
qpax
Registered user

Last page view:

7403 days, 6 hours, 10 minutes and 46 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, January 08, 2004 at 02:23 (GMT -5)

I always play mindcrafter and always forget about getting some ring of cold resistance before final fight on the arena. Arena for mindcrafters is REALLY easy if you don't have to fight Li-Hon-Kay or Li-Han-Kay ( yeah, there are two of them and one of them is better than another ( can't remember which one)). All you have to do is to confuse guy ( when he recovers, he won't find you ), send him as many mind blasts as you can and run away. Winning on the arena with an 8th level char isn't impossible.

"I want ye to slay a female goblin slavemaster ghul. Return to me when you have succeded."
Portrait
Anarchy2
Registered user
- Tainted Love -

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, January 08, 2004 at 02:50 (GMT -5)

Yes.I became a champion of the arena with a level 7 wizard.

Portrait
Taz
Registered user

Last page view:

5033 days, 7 hours, 40 minutes and 15 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, January 08, 2004 at 03:31 (GMT -5)

is it possible with a level 1 gray elven or hurthling archer? (if you manage to get there without gaining levels) should be, yeah?

Taz: A potion of gain attributes (4s) is lying here. Suddenly a stone block hits your head! Something on the ground is smashed to pieces!
PeanutGod: Awwww no! How harsh is that! This is where you need the artefact 'mop and bucket'.
J.
Registered user
You'll never get rid of me

Last page view:

5671 days, 23 hours, 37 minutes and 42 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, January 10, 2004 at 17:42 (GMT -5)

I usually do the pyramid before the final fight in the arena. The ancient mummy wrapping grants see invisible and cold immunity, which make fighting Li-H*n-Kay a breeze.
If you're feeling happy, don't worry, it'll go away.

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: