Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / Damn stone golem

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Kukko
Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, January 02, 2004 at 12:39 (GMT -5)

I was playing a lvl 10 grey elf wizard, i had about 6 spells learned and everything was going well, until i went to that stupid Keethrax cave(or something like that, evil wixard guy).
I easily went to level 7,killed Keethrax with only 3 Acid bolts, turned around and there it was, A STONE GOLEM.
I thought i could easily kill it but i was sooo wrong. I tryed to shoot Acid, Fire, Thunder, but nothing worked. I was too slow to run away.I got healed 2 times by braying, but useless, i couldnt fight that thing in melee, i only hit it once.
Then i tryed potion of invicibility, useless, it still kept running at me.......and then...
"stone golem hits you"...dead.

Why didnt any of those macig bolts work?
would slow monster work? or better magic skills?

Warlord*
Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, January 02, 2004 at 12:46 (GMT -5)

Stone golems are immune to acid and cold. Stick with fire or that lightning would have eventually got through. They also see invisible.
Portrait
Taz
Registered user

Last page view:

5033 days, 11 hours, 49 minutes and 13 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, January 03, 2004 at 03:35 (GMT -5)

braying? isn't that what donkeys do? lol
you'd have to get close to it to cast slow monster, yeah? risky.

Taz: A potion of gain attributes (4s) is lying here. Suddenly a stone block hits your head! Something on the ground is smashed to pieces!
PeanutGod: Awwww no! How harsh is that! This is where you need the artefact 'mop and bucket'.
Agilan
Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, January 05, 2004 at 07:56 (GMT -5)

Try burning hands. My fav spell. If you r playing wizard, master the frost bolt well because you are going to NEED it. And try learning magic missile because some creatures are immune to everything except that. If any creature shrug your attack, keep on casting it. It will finally take damage. Go down the infinite caves a lot because wizards will find my books there.
Kukko
Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, January 05, 2004 at 13:36 (GMT -5)

Thanks.
If someone shrug off the attack = just resisting a little but it will eventually work?
Umm... never knew that.

How can you tell that monster is immune to some magic?
"monster is immune to that spell"? , lol.

I once found 3 books in 1 level of ID,even found a teleportation spell book, what a great spell!
=O
Warlord*
Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, January 05, 2004 at 14:16 (GMT -5)

Go and get spoiled :D

http://www.andywlms.com/adom/adomgb-toc.html
Kukko
Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, January 05, 2004 at 15:11 (GMT -5)

What a great site....dont you just like getting spoiled?...i do...
Warlord*
Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, January 05, 2004 at 15:52 (GMT -5)

Whatever helps me beat adom... damn I hate this game, and it hates me too.
Kukko
Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, January 05, 2004 at 16:16 (GMT -5)

lol, i hate it too.
Agilan
Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, January 05, 2004 at 22:18 (GMT -5)

If it's immune to your attack, it will RESIST your attack. like ' the titan resists the heat' and stuff like that. If you go against a moloch, it's immune to all the spells except magic missile.
J.
Registered user
You'll never get rid of me

Last page view:

5672 days, 3 hours, 46 minutes and 40 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, January 06, 2004 at 04:30 (GMT -5)

Molochs are immune to fire and cold spells only. They shrug off bolts quite often though.
If you're feeling happy, don't worry, it'll go away.

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."
Agilan
Unregistered user
Posted on Tuesday, January 06, 2004 at 08:01 (GMT -5)

I feel the ball kind of spells are better than the bolt kind of spell. The creatures who shrug my bolts cannot shrug my ball attack eventhough it's the same type. etc: frost bolt and Ice ball
J.
Registered user
You'll never get rid of me

Last page view:

5672 days, 3 hours, 46 minutes and 40 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, January 06, 2004 at 13:30 (GMT -5)

Ball spells are better, that's true. That's why they cost more pp. But the best spell of all is magic missile: it's cheap and effective because nothing is immune to it.
If you're feeling happy, don't worry, it'll go away.

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: