Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Blink dog swarm.

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Portrait
MadTom
Registered user
Minister of Untelligence

Last page view:

6137 days, 2 hours, 48 minutes and 28 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, January 04, 2004 at 05:09 (GMT -5)

Being fond of playing lawful characters, particularly elven wizards, finding blink dogs in tension rooms, so they're hostile and difficult/impossible to magically pacify, when crowned a Champion of Law, does not make my day.

The best thing to do, I suppose, is to attempt to kill it before it summons any of its canid brethren, to minimise the alignment drop and stop them clogging the dungeon with their jumping around. It'd be less of a problem if they didn't block you at every turn. Of course, doing that means you're less likely to get one of those all-important corpses ...

I was wondering if any like-minded players have any tricks to deal with a swarm of blink dogs which you don't want to simply wipe out because of it being a chaotic act. My favourite trick is using alarm traps to make them hit each other, and Calm Monster seems to sometimes make them decide to vanish (or even attack one another). I suppose corruption traps would also work, though I don't like having too many writhing masses of primal chaos about. Don't ask, bad memories.

Any thoughts?

"For only one you'll step aside and cease your faithful vigil:
The one who wears your brother's ring emblazed with Heaven's sigil."

[Edited 2 times, last edit on 1/4/2004 at 05:17 (GMT -5) by MadTom]
Chris
Registered user
The One The Only

Last page view:

7397 days, 6 hours, 18 minutes and 51 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, January 04, 2004 at 19:18 (GMT -5)

Simple if your fast enough(use the l key on a Blink Dog the the m key to see more) and if your faster then just run away and close then lock with the Magic lock spell all the doors that lead to that room.

or you can you teleport away if you have a ring of teleport control and the teleport spell/wand/scroll of teleportation.
"Such is life" - Ned Kelly
Portrait
Jonesy
Registered user
Liberate Te Ex Inferis

Last page view:

6506 days, 11 hours, 11 minutes and 21 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, January 04, 2004 at 21:12 (GMT -5)

Blink dogs teleport to you.

"If God did not exist, it would be necessary to invent him."- Voltaire
"Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven."- John Milton, Paradise Lost
"Yesterday we obeyed kings and bent our necks before emperors. But today we kneel only to truth, follow only beauty, and obey only love."- Kahlil Gibran
"I may disagree with what you have to say, but I shall defend, to the death, your right to say it."- Voltaire.
"What is freedom of expression? Without the freedom to offend, it ceases to exist."-Salman Rushdie
Portrait
Taz
Registered user

Last page view:

5026 days, 1 hour, 25 minutes and 20 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, January 05, 2004 at 00:25 (GMT -5)

yeah, they do, which is a pain.
the only solutions i can think of is either kill them all as fast as possible or turn them against each other. still, you can get overwhelmed pretty easily.

Taz: A potion of gain attributes (4s) is lying here. Suddenly a stone block hits your head! Something on the ground is smashed to pieces!
PeanutGod: Awwww no! How harsh is that! This is where you need the artefact 'mop and bucket'.
mozzyy
Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, January 05, 2004 at 02:59 (GMT -5)

after you kill the first one the whole batch of summoned blink dogs are hostile i believe. you can kill all of them with no problem but if they summon a second batch then it might ask you if you really want to attack it.

on a different note, i've started a barbarian to do the iron man challenge, you all know what that is. i found a blink dog on lvl 2 and it's a great source of food until i get food preservation up and running. just keep one with you when you're walking to the stairs.
Chris
Registered user
The One The Only

Last page view:

7397 days, 6 hours, 18 minutes and 51 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, January 06, 2004 at 12:07 (GMT -5)

EEEH GAD BRAIN YOUR RIGHT - Pinky - Pinky and the Brain....What are we going to do tommorow night Brain....The same thing we do every night TRY TO TAKE OVER THE WORLD...lol I love that show.
"Such is life" - Ned Kelly
Andor Drakon
Registered user
uummm... ElDeR cHaOs GoD?

Last page view:

7301 days, 3 hours, 28 minutes and 11 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, January 06, 2004 at 21:56 (GMT -5)

Uh... right...

ChAoS iS cOmInG!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Portrait
wakka
Registered user
Tha kitten slayer

Last page view:

6721 days, 3 hours, 13 minutes and 16 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, January 07, 2004 at 08:24 (GMT -5)

having a powerful, regenerating companion'd be effective, like a quickling. but you'd have to be a necromancer for that. so blessed scrolls of familiar summoning. but I guess you're not in that postition. I usually kill as few of them as possible and get off the level.

And my point was...

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: