Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / General / Just testing...

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Portrait
Palagran
Registered user
Furry Hybrid

Last page view:

6364 days, 10 hours, 44 minutes and 24 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, August 10, 2001 at 00:50 (GMT -5)

Hey.
Portrait
Palagran
Registered user
Furry Hybrid

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, August 10, 2001 at 00:52 (GMT -5)

Hm. Okay, let me try this.

ごめん ねさい。

Right, right. I'm getting the hang of this.

羅馬

Gotcha. That's all.

[Deleted the rest of the test posts seeng as it was just more of the same (seemingly random ASCII characters)]

[Edited at 15:53, Saturday, August 11, 2001 by Jan Erik]
Portrait
Palagran
Registered user
Furry Hybrid

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, August 10, 2001 at 00:53 (GMT -5)

Ack. It doesn't look right. What do you guys see on your computers? Is it a bunch of garble or is it hiragana and kanji?

Hold on. I'll try something else.
Portrait
Palagran
Registered user
Furry Hybrid

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, August 10, 2001 at 00:59 (GMT -5)

Well, I give up. I'll delete all of these posts tomorrow. Maybe by then I will have thought of something.
Stas
Registered user
The Dark Lord Melkor

Last page view:

7654 days, 5 hours, 6 minutes and 39 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, August 10, 2001 at 10:15 (GMT -5)

LOL! don't delete them! they're funny!!! What *exactly* did you try to write?
"Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger"
Lord of The Rings

"Do not meddle in the affairs of cats, for they are subtle and will anger the cat lord"

Portrait
Jan Erik
Administrator

Last page view:

3 days, 12 hours, 44 minutes and 53 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, August 10, 2001 at 11:13 (GMT -5)

There's not much you can do, no matter how much you fiddle with your browsers encoding settings the result only apply to you, the rest of us will still just see a bunch of garbage...

Besides I don't think my database is even capable of handeling anyting except the 255 "standard" charcters (and most of those just end up as 's):

, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , !, ", #, $, %, &, ', (, ), *, +, ,, -, ., /, 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, :, ;, <, =, >, ?, @, A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J, K, L, M, N, O, P, Q, R, S, T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z, [, \, ], ^, _, `, a, b, c, d, e, f, g, h, i, j, k, l, m, n, o, p, q, r, s, t, u, v, w, x, y, z, {, |, }, ~, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ソ, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Whew what a killer ;) (ok not realy, I just wrote 3 lines of code and pasted the result here :D)

Jan Erik Mydland
HoF admin
Portrait
Palagran
Registered user
Furry Hybrid

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, August 10, 2001 at 14:39 (GMT -5)

Hmm. I'm curious, because on this other forum, the characters work. I guess the forum has to be coded for it. That'd explain why there are two forums with the same purpose -- one for Shift-JIS and another for gifs. Still, this program says it can insert the chars in like normal text. I guess it's a waste of time. I'd ask them how they do it, but I don't want to seem like a newbie. ^_^ One said he uses NJStar; that's what I'm trying out. Jan, I'll delete this stuff if it's takin' up space, but Stas seems to enjoy it. :)

I didn't try to write anything particular. I just wanted to see if the characters would post on a forum. I tried a few small words -- one in kanji, one in katakana, and one in hiragana.

Maybe if I set output mode to Unicode UTF8 and use the option to preserve CJK window text... Nah.
Portrait
Jan Erik
Administrator

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, August 11, 2001 at 15:47 (GMT -5)

If I had used an SQL server or some other "deacent" database it probably would work, but this whole site just run of an MS Access file so the functionality is rather limited...

And don't worry about deleting it, I'll clean up a little myself and leave the thread...

Jan Erik Mydland
HoF admin
Stas
Registered user
The Dark Lord Melkor

Last page view:

7654 days, 5 hours, 6 minutes and 39 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, August 12, 2001 at 13:54 (GMT -5)

what kind of code was it? Was it C++?

for(char x = 0; x < 255; x++)
{
if (x != 26) // EOF
{
printf("%d %c\n", x, x);
}
}

"Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger"
Lord of The Rings

"Do not meddle in the affairs of cats, for they are subtle and will anger the cat lord"

Portrait
Jan Erik
Administrator

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, August 13, 2001 at 19:23 (GMT -5)

Nah, just a quick VB script (ASP) seeng as I was working on some forums things at the time anyway...

I did the same thing though:
for i = 1 to 255

Response.Write Chr(i) & ", "
next

Except I had the color codes in there too to make it more readable...

Jan Erik Mydland
HoF admin

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: