Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / Elementalist

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

narf
Unregistered user
Posted on Tuesday, January 13, 2004 at 18:05 (GMT -5)

I have played elementalists only few times and i think i need some advice about using them....

1. My biggest problem was when i tryed killing Keethrax, any of my magic worked on him. Later i read from giudebook that his immune to elemental attacks. How am i supposed to kill him? i like playing as a gnome,i might use crossbows but they are hard to find.Fighting in melee is foolish, all i get is corruption and cursing.

2. How often do i learn new spells? is there way to learn more spells faster? What cind of spells can i learn? oh please tell me =)

3. I did get this spell called Earthguaqe(something like that)....what does it do? And why in hell did i get only 1 casting of that spell? =(
Agilan
Unregistered user
Posted on Tuesday, January 13, 2004 at 23:38 (GMT -5)

The spells go higher as you advance in levels. For me, earthquake never worked, so i never use them. If you got time, try going down the infinite caves for books. Don't go too deep, just the first 10 levels or so. I'm sure you will be able to find some books. Keetharx is easily killed by magic missiles. He is immune to ice, fire and shock attacks. Try to build up your melee, cause as elementalist you will run out of spell eventually cause it will be harder to advance in levels.
Tanthalas Pathfinder
Registered user
aka Tanthie

Last page view:

7066 days, 8 hours, 16 minutes and 22 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, January 15, 2004 at 09:18 (GMT -5)

1. I think it will be quite hard for an elementalist to kill him. I usually do the carpenter quest instead. Much more easier.

2. Can't remember when you get new spells but the elementalist spells you have will improve every time you gain a level as Agilan said. You will eventually learn Burning hands, Frost bolt, Earthquake, Firebolt, Fireball, Improved Fireball, Iceball (not sure though) and Lightning ball IIRC. There maybe more. And of course, you can always learn spells from spellbooks, but you won't find them so often as wizards or druids do.

3. Sometimes Earthquake brings down lots of walls in the dungeon level you are, though the level can't be a special level like the dwarven city. And you will gain more casting times as you gain levels.

"When watching anime, never worry about the consequences."
Cathan Twice-Born
Registered user
~ADOM Newbie~

Last page view:

7377 days, 8 hours, 33 minutes and 5 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, January 21, 2004 at 19:58 (GMT -5)

I hate using Elementalists. I prefer to use Wizards. As a Wizard I find plenty more books, by level 15 I had pretty much every spell I needed plus about 10-15 I didn't need. ;-) If you really want to be a spellcaster and you are slightly new at the game I recommend a Gnomish or High Elven Wizard.
Tanthalas Pathfinder
Registered user
aka Tanthie

Last page view:

7066 days, 8 hours, 16 minutes and 22 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, January 22, 2004 at 10:39 (GMT -5)

It's true that wizards tend to find more spellbooks and have always more spells than elementalists. But it is also true that elementalists are only semi-casters and don't need so much training to improve their weapon skills as wizards do.

"When watching anime, never worry about the consequences."
Möwe
Registered user

Last page view:

6620 days, 16 hours, 17 minutes and 24 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, January 23, 2004 at 05:03 (GMT -5)

Elementalist need as many weapon marks as wizards do, as far as I know. Mindcrafters don't.
I like elementalists. Especially in the early game when you gain levels quickly and you don't have many books yet it's nice to gain spell castings automatically.
Typhon
Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, January 26, 2004 at 04:05 (GMT -5)

Gray Elven is preferable to High Elven wizard, in my opinion. Particularly if born under the Wand.
dojo
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, September 22, 2016 at 02:14 (GMT -5)

I always played elementalist in three stages

1: bash heads to gain levels
2: cast elemental spells on groups, and burning hands (insane number of castings) on tough foés
3: when get earthquake use it on standard level, pick up tons of rocks and start chucking, insane power as you lvl.

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: