Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Important! Read! Now!

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Portrait
@
Registered user
Q('_'Q)(>'_')>

Last page view:

6676 days, 1 hour, 55 minutes and 57 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, January 14, 2004 at 14:21 (GMT -5)

It is really damn annoying that almost all roguelike pages are down. Many ADOM pages still offer version gamma 15 or such.. one page was updated last time at year 1997 :( it is bad, the drakalor tourism is down... yarns offers older versions(that down too?) duh' One time at school when i was playing ADOM one guy asked me what the hell is that, i explained and he laughed and said what horrible looking game, grr... But ill always love Rogue-Likes! i havent even purchased many new games(too much time went on ADOM and those)^^ but still... Its great that TB is making new versions of adom, but why? why make 3 versions at same time(oh yeah, hes making the rp version too:P) i would make only 2 versions at tije so it would be much faster, altough the ADOM deluxe page last updated IIRC 1999, and some one said that he likes adom and soon will be deluxe adom:P well, its nuthing bad about it, i really lok towards JADE!!

Oh, and anyone play Unreal World? ye know you live in Finland at that game;D but...Sniff its shareware, anyone seen a crack for it? :D and where can i get that damn DemoWorkshop, or good adom demos?(like how to survive and such) its damn annoying that you die on first few steps coz of stupid encounter, TB should make selectable birth dates too(like raven,candle and those) BTW, Omega is nice but its not being updated for long, and why on earth the creator leaved classes/races out? there is goblins and such, but ye cant be one of those.Grr. Angband is just...Bad Nethack doesnt have much to do and rogue is S I M P L E(yea yea it is ADOMS godfather, blah blah) oh, and moria, is almost like angband. Zangband has too many silly things and the sounds are terrible, TOME is nice, but not much. Dungeon Crawl is just like nethack whit much more classes and races! and better ASCII graphicks, so why people play nethack? oh, well it is nice but gets boring(ADOM will get boring but next day youll be playing it like a crazy:D, atleast i am!) well Enough Deppressive talkies, and sorry again of my bad english! i hope you dont judge me coz i think that Roguelikes have had better days, i hope that in future all people play Roguelikes! all hail Rogue! @ Out!

<xxxxo~~~~oxxxx> SWORDCHUK

Portrait
@
Registered user
Q('_'Q)(>'_')>

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, January 14, 2004 at 14:23 (GMT -5)

Comments Are Welcome

Chris
Registered user
The One The Only

Last page view:

7402 days, 14 hours, 18 minutes and 28 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, January 14, 2004 at 19:11 (GMT -5)

Try reading the guidebook so you won't die so easily and please read what you write before posting it so people won't have to comment on your spelling(no offence)

"Such is life" - Ned Kelly
Egg King
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, January 15, 2004 at 03:46 (GMT -5)

You havnt tried playing with polymoph in Net-hack have you @?
Its an fine game once you learn how to play it (I can't finish it but I can get the amulet from the wizard, so I'm not a newb)
The only reason I stopped playing Net-hack is because I lost 2 characters with full finishing gear and I dont know were they disappeared to:(
I have my suspects (My GF wanted attention and I was fighting Lich kings:)
Portrait
@
Registered user
Q('_'Q)(>'_')>

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, January 15, 2004 at 08:47 (GMT -5)

I dont think Nethack is bad game, it is good. But could have been better. Actually, if i wouldn't have found adom id still be playing Nethack, Though

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 1/15/2004 at 08:47 (GMT -5) by @]
Egg King
Unregistered user
Posted on Saturday, January 17, 2004 at 01:41 (GMT -5)

"Could have been better" I know some people who would kill you for saying that. I'm curious how far did you get?
There just different games, sort of like comparing Quake and Half-life, you really dont get anywhere as theres always people who will like one over the other for strange reasons.
Portrait
Taz
Registered user

Last page view:

5031 days, 9 hours, 24 minutes and 57 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, January 17, 2004 at 02:42 (GMT -5)

i should try nethack sometime...

Taz: A potion of gain attributes (4s) is lying here. Suddenly a stone block hits your head! Something on the ground is smashed to pieces!
PeanutGod: Awwww no! How harsh is that! This is where you need the artefact 'mop and bucket'.
Portrait
@
Registered user
Q('_'Q)(>'_')>

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, January 17, 2004 at 03:52 (GMT -5)

Duh, Everyone has his own opinion, I really think it would be better, Like what if nethack would have large wildrennes area, talents, more classes and quests, then maybe i wouldnt be playing Adom anymore :P(Nethack has graphics too, but that isint wery important)

Er, if u mean how far i got in the game, my last pc was on lvl 20 IIRC

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 1/17/2004 at 03:53 (GMT -5) by @]
Portrait
MadTom
Registered user
Minister of Untelligence

Last page view:

6142 days, 10 hours, 48 minutes and 6 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, January 17, 2004 at 06:44 (GMT -5)

I've admittedly never gotten very far with Nethack, but in my mind it scarcely touches ADOM in terms of complexity, plot and depth of gameplay.

That's just my opinion, though! I have friends who say they tried ADOM, gave up on it, and returned to NetHack only to decide it was better in the first place, so it's clearly very much a matter of taste.

"For only one you'll step aside and cease your faithful vigil:
The one who wears your brother's ring emblazed with Heaven's sigil."

Portrait
Anarchy2
Registered user
- Tainted Love -

Last page view:

7287 days, 10 hours, 53 minutes and 58 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, January 17, 2004 at 10:01 (GMT -5)

ADOM is better than NetHack in so many ways that I go 'afojmigwealfkmasgf'. <:(

Fear me not,I'll go nice on you....For now.
Portrait
@
Registered user
Q('_'Q)(>'_')>

Last page view:

6676 days, 1 hour, 55 minutes and 58 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, January 17, 2004 at 11:53 (GMT -5)

I know its coz of taste but, ADom has wildrennes talents quests many places more races&classes aligment is more important etc. Nethack is kinda all the same hacking in the same dungeon. Dont Kill me, nethack players but thats what i think :P

Not logged Andor
Unregistered user
Posted on Sunday, January 18, 2004 at 07:57 (GMT -5)

The real problem with nethack is inconsistency. It doesn't fit into a good fantasy world. It's more "everything but the kitchen sink", taken to extremes. *coughtouristcough*
Portrait
Mewto
Registered user

Last page view:

3605 days, 8 hours, 50 minutes and 32 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, January 20, 2004 at 05:55 (GMT -5)

I agree. Always die so fast in Nethack. And Adom is like in your blood. when you start you don't stop. I attratcts people, it's irresistible.
And also the best rogue-like game.
For the Horde!
Portrait
MadTom
Registered user
Minister of Untelligence

Last page view:

6142 days, 10 hours, 48 minutes and 6 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, January 20, 2004 at 08:46 (GMT -5)

The thing I don't get about ADOM, as compared to Nethack, is its addictiveness in the face of even the most overwhelming frustration. Every time an advanced character died, I'd always tell myself, "Right, that's it, I'm not wasting any more of my time on this."

By the very next evening, at the latest, that resolve has completely dissipated, and I'm playing again. I don't get that with Nethack.

"For only one you'll step aside and cease your faithful vigil:
The one who wears your brother's ring emblazed with Heaven's sigil."

Portrait
Anarchy2
Registered user
- Tainted Love -

Last page view:

7287 days, 10 hours, 53 minutes and 58 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, January 20, 2004 at 09:55 (GMT -5)

I wonder if ADOM has manifested our souls.

Fear me not,I'll go nice on you....For now.
Portrait
@
Registered user
Q('_'Q)(>'_')>

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, January 20, 2004 at 15:30 (GMT -5)

i play adom every day, cant stop it! aaargh!

Nethack is just, duh, boring.

Adom get boring after death of yer 4000 char but im playing it again after and hour :P

Btw, Anybody likes here Dragon Ball Z?

Egg King
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, January 21, 2004 at 21:19 (GMT -5)

I agree with you not Not logged Andor about the weird world thing in Net-hack. ADOM certainly has a much richer back ground:)
Trust me polymorphing into a mindflayer and sucking the brains out of your foes (And not having to worry about food while this is happening) is still very cool. Not enough races is not a valid complaint when you have polymorph(All the monsters in the game can now be your race:) This is one of the main things I want in ADOM but I understand it would majorly mess with game balance.
Hell I'm an idiot trying to say how good Net-hack is in the ADOM forums anyway:)
Portrait
Jonesy
Registered user
Liberate Te Ex Inferis

Last page view:

6511 days, 19 hours, 10 minutes and 59 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, January 21, 2004 at 21:59 (GMT -5)

All my thoughts about DBZ are summed up into this pic. http://starterupsteve.servepics.com/funny3/deadhorsebeatingZ.jpg

"If God did not exist, it would be necessary to invent him."- Voltaire
"Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven."- John Milton, Paradise Lost
"Yesterday we obeyed kings and bent our necks before emperors. But today we kneel only to truth, follow only beauty, and obey only love."- Kahlil Gibran
"I may disagree with what you have to say, but I shall defend, to the death, your right to say it."- Voltaire.
"What is freedom of expression? Without the freedom to offend, it ceases to exist."-Salman Rushdie
Egg King
Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, January 23, 2004 at 01:13 (GMT -5)

Totally agree Jonesy, I once woke up really early for work and watched about 10 mins of DBZ and that was as much as my frail human body could stand before blood started coming out my eyes. I really dont get it, maybe Im getting harder to amuse in my old age:)
Portrait
@
Registered user
Q('_'Q)(>'_')>

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, January 23, 2004 at 15:32 (GMT -5)

Im pretty young, thats maybe one reason i like it. The dbz games suck ass though

Portrait
Taz
Registered user

Last page view:

5031 days, 9 hours, 24 minutes and 58 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, January 25, 2004 at 03:03 (GMT -5)

i would like them better if they didn't stretch the battle so long with screaming and yellow auras and etc. the plot and storyline are pretty cool :P

Taz: A potion of gain attributes (4s) is lying here. Suddenly a stone block hits your head! Something on the ground is smashed to pieces!
PeanutGod: Awwww no! How harsh is that! This is where you need the artefact 'mop and bucket'.
Portrait
@
Registered user
Q('_'Q)(>'_')>

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, January 25, 2004 at 05:46 (GMT -5)

I agree whit taz, its annoying when you have wached 1000 episodes and almost nuthing has hapened, Why they have BIG yellow hair?

Portrait
Taz
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, January 25, 2004 at 22:43 (GMT -5)

cuz it looks cool ;)

Larrack
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, January 28, 2004 at 20:26 (GMT -5)

Your typical dbz episode consists of the following:

10 minute recap of what happened last time.
10 minutes of talking, telling each other what power level they have attained, making jokes that did not survive the translation process, and looking cool.
culminating in 5 minutes of fighting, most of which is the same two frames shown in slow motion.
Then 5 minutes detailing what will happen in the next episode, so that you don't really have to watch it.
Portrait
Taz
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, January 28, 2004 at 23:50 (GMT -5)

that adds up to half an hour. dbz episodes are usually 45 minutes (here), you forgot the 15 minutes of commercials ;)

Portrait
@
Registered user
Q('_'Q)(>'_')>

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, January 29, 2004 at 10:12 (GMT -5)

They are the reasons why i prefer the comics :D

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: