Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / That damn dwarfsmith

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Goofy
Unregistered user
Posted on Saturday, January 17, 2004 at 05:51 (GMT -5)

I finylly got my gnome weaponsmith to dwardtown.
I thought i can finally smith as much is a want....i went to forge, started smithing and that dwarfsmith said; "using that forge costs you 2500!!", so i payed.
Then i tryed smithing again and that dwarf sayd again ; "using that forge costs you 2500!".

Am i really supposed to pay 2500 everytime i use that forge?!?!
Thats alot of money!!

Portrait
wakka
Registered user
Tha kitten slayer

Last page view:

6728 days, 4 hours, 24 minutes and 31 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, January 17, 2004 at 06:14 (GMT -5)

yeah. in the stages that you get to dwarftown that can be a lot of money, but:

Spoiler
you can try to lure him out of there, and into a dungeon, or you can have the ancient dwarfs quest-demon kill him. just lure the deomn into the smithy, and leave the smith in between you and the demon.

And my point was...
Portrait
Maelstrom
Registered user
The Knight of the Black Rose

Last page view:

3124 days, 19 hours, 8 minutes and 54 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, January 17, 2004 at 09:08 (GMT -5)

Well, find your own forge. It's his forge, and he charges you for using it (forges are like altars - they appear randomly in the dungeons).

A pessimist sees a dark tunnel.
An optimist sees a light at the end of that tunnel.
A realist sees a train.
And the train driver sees three idiots on the tracks.
Marillion *u*
Unregistered user
Posted on Saturday, January 17, 2004 at 10:50 (GMT -5)

And are almost always generated in the UD.
Chris
Registered user
The One The Only

Last page view:

7404 days, 7 hours, 30 minutes and 6 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, January 17, 2004 at 23:52 (GMT -5)

Spoiler
You can teleport him out of the room as well as any other dwarfen townsfolk...damn those midgets...then simply close the door to the room and lock it with the magic lock spell, and whenever you want to smith simply teleport in there then when your finished teleport out.

"Such is life" - Ned Kelly
Portrait
Taz
Registered user

Last page view:

5033 days, 2 hours, 36 minutes and 35 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, January 18, 2004 at 04:32 (GMT -5)

i think that he still demands for payment if he's anywhere in that level. not sure though.

Taz: A potion of gain attributes (4s) is lying here. Suddenly a stone block hits your head! Something on the ground is smashed to pieces!
PeanutGod: Awwww no! How harsh is that! This is where you need the artefact 'mop and bucket'.
Chris
Registered user
The One The Only

Last page view:

7404 days, 7 hours, 30 minutes and 6 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, January 18, 2004 at 22:42 (GMT -5)

Then kill the cheap bastard just become invisible and have a stealth skill of 100.

"Such is life" - Ned Kelly
Portrait
Taz
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, January 19, 2004 at 00:22 (GMT -5)

not a good idea, makes town hostile. he can also repair and remove rust from items for you.
what i woudl do is try a wand of stunning. if it makes him hostile then lure him to another level. once you're there, kill him or just leave him there.

Taz: A potion of gain attributes (4s) is lying here. Suddenly a stone block hits your head! Something on the ground is smashed to pieces!
PeanutGod: Awwww no! How harsh is that! This is where you need the artefact 'mop and bucket'.
Warlord*
Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, January 19, 2004 at 02:22 (GMT -5)

Zap him with any damaging wand but make sure the beam hits no one but him. Town shouldn't be hostile, but the smith will, so better run up or down a level and finish him off (or leave him there).
Portrait
Taz
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, January 19, 2004 at 03:44 (GMT -5)

what if you shoot a missile through him and he 'accidentaly' steps in the way? :P my question is, does the town turn hostile?

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: