Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / Talk about a kick to the......

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Achilles
Registered user
Mymirdon King

Last page view:

7015 days, 16 hours, 27 minutes and 40 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, January 19, 2004 at 00:12 (GMT -5)

First off, my dark elf barbarian got the mad carpenter quest. This was the first place I went. Level 1 of the VD, my first victim was a wererat. After killing him and the horde of rats, I rummaged through all the stuff they dropped, and found the rune-covered club "skull crusher." (of course it may have been laying there before the rats)

The next level (VD2), there was a room full of gnolls, and I got killed by a gnoll chieftan. Damn. During the list that comes after you die, "the following artifacts were generated..."(get this)..The rune-covered club "skull crusher," the rune-covered sling "whirlwind," and shining silver bracers "bracers of war."

I never even made experience level 3

I need therapy.

"Not Zeus himself nor any other Power Shall save this madman who defies the Gods!"---Phoebus Apollo

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 1/19/2004 at 00:13 (GMT -5) by Achilles]
Portrait
Taz
Registered user

Last page view:

5033 days, 8 hours, 24 minutes and 38 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, January 19, 2004 at 00:21 (GMT -5)

my sympathies...
and apologies for this: ROFLMAO!!!

Taz: A potion of gain attributes (4s) is lying here. Suddenly a stone block hits your head! Something on the ground is smashed to pieces!
PeanutGod: Awwww no! How harsh is that! This is where you need the artefact 'mop and bucket'.
Achilles
Registered user
Mymirdon King

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, January 19, 2004 at 00:23 (GMT -5)

What does ROFLMAO mean?

"Not Zeus himself nor any other Power Shall save this madman who defies the Gods!"---Phoebus Apollo

Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, January 19, 2004 at 00:51 (GMT -5)

Rolling On Floor Laughing My Ass Off
Portrait
Anarchy2
Registered user
- Tainted Love -

Last page view:

7289 days, 9 hours, 53 minutes and 38 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, January 19, 2004 at 01:50 (GMT -5)

A creative laugh indeed.

Fear me not,I'll go nice on you....For now.
Klavert
Registered user
The Hurthling

Last page view:

6527 days, 1 hour, 35 minutes and 42 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, January 19, 2004 at 02:08 (GMT -5)

Then you haven't heard
ROFLWPIMP
Rolling on the Floor Laughing while pissing in my pants.

Klavert
-I want ye to slay a rat to prove your valor- Thrundarr
That really happened to me :D
Warlord*
Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, January 19, 2004 at 02:17 (GMT -5)

Oh man! That sucks bad!
Portrait
Taz
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, January 19, 2004 at 03:42 (GMT -5)

the wetting your pants or dying with 3 artifacts?

Taz: A potion of gain attributes (4s) is lying here. Suddenly a stone block hits your head! Something on the ground is smashed to pieces!
PeanutGod: Awwww no! How harsh is that! This is where you need the artefact 'mop and bucket'.
Chris
Registered user
The One The Only

Last page view:

7404 days, 13 hours, 18 minutes and 9 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, January 19, 2004 at 03:43 (GMT -5)

Achilles Skullcrusher isn't really that good the only thing that might really help you is that it is a humanoid slayer so it could kill Andy very fast, but personally I prefer the the Trident of the Red Rooster with it I killed Andor Drakon in about ten hits in melee.

"Such is life" - Ned Kelly

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 1/19/2004 at 03:44 (GMT -5) by Chris]
Achilles
Registered user
Mymirdon King

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, January 19, 2004 at 10:16 (GMT -5)

(still sobbing in the corner contemplating Hari-Kari---after changing my wet pants)

I found a site that has all the chat jargon and stuff. (www.netlingo.com/inframes.cfm)I'm pretty much technologically challenged, but its comming. (ROFLMAO...grin)

I guess I never had a character with so much possibiliy die that quick.

As for the TotRR, I'm not sure really how to get it. I've made it to D:50 once, and that was with a beastfighter. He died with only 7 Chaos things, 1 Chaos jelly, and the named Balor (the balor was critically hit) left to kill. I had plenty of Hp left, I just got corrupted too much and became a WMoPC.

The unusual thing was that my beastfighters stats were not all that impressive. (St:26); (Le:20); (wi:15); (Dx:16); (To:28); (ch:1); (Ap:1); (Pe:32); (Ma:15) Dv/Pv:43/31; H: 730; P:97; Exp:14978832; Sp:222 with a Grand Mastery in Unarmed fighting 193 to hit and 1d32+79 to damage.

I was surprised that the char went that far. It shows that perhaps careful playing and a lot of luck is more vital than godlike power...I haven't had a character come even close to this one.

[Edited 3 times, last edit on 1/19/2004 at 11:42 (GMT -5) by Achilles]
Achilles
Registered user
Mymirdon King

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, January 19, 2004 at 11:07 (GMT -5)

I know you have to have the TotRR in order to get onto Andor's plane, but can a beastfighter or monk kill him with bare hands after entering?

J.
Registered user
You'll never get rid of me

Last page view:

5672 days, 22 minutes and 5 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, January 19, 2004 at 11:48 (GMT -5)

Chris, I agree, Achilles really should've used the TotRR and not the Skullcrusher.

No, wait, HE DIDN'T HAVE IT as you get it about 10 minutes before you go and win the game, and you don't even have to get it unless you're going for an ultra ending.

"I prefer the the Trident of the Red Rooster" Oh, so you think the best weapon in the game is good? That's weird.

Humanoid slaying is the best slaying ability there is, as many monsters fall into more categories than just one. Many giants, demons and undead are also humanoid.

Achilles, do you know about herbs? They can increase some of your stats. Beastfighters have the herbalism skill. Your speed was excellent, being almost twice as fast as most monsters must've helped you quite a bit.

Also, IIRC you have to wear the Trident when killing Andy, so you can absorb his cHaOs energy and become an avatar/ultimate chaos god. Otherwise Chaos overwhelms you and you get a slightly different ending. But you can of course soften him up with your bare hands first and use missile weapons to kill him, humanoid and demon slaying ammo work against him. Just don't fight with a melee weapon with a beastfighter, ever.

The guidebook contains just about everything there is to know about ADOM, but if you want to get more out of your game and not get yourself spoiled you might not want to read it. It's a lot less fun to play the game when you already know everything you need to do, what kind of battles you have to fight and all that. But if you don't mind, your gaming experience will be a lot easier if you browse through it.
If you're feeling happy, don't worry, it'll go away.

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."
Achilles
Registered user
Mymirdon King

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, January 19, 2004 at 12:52 (GMT -5)

Yea, I suppose I better give it a try. Im kind of tired of hoping for a girdle of carrying instead of increasing the stat. (or paying the trainer gobs of money)

I have the DCBoTSO7...Its more of a general guide than a spoiler. In the artifact section, it does not even have the ToRR listed.

I have learned a lot from the past threads, however, knowing the theory on how to accomplish something is a lot different than doing it.

P.S.--Thanks for the lucrative explanation, J.

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 1/20/2004 at 01:02 (GMT -5) by Achilles]
Portrait
Jonesy
Registered user
Liberate Te Ex Inferis

Last page view:

6513 days, 18 hours, 10 minutes and 39 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, January 19, 2004 at 12:58 (GMT -5)

That's cause that DCBoTSO7 was made for Gamma 10, I believe. Then you couldn't enter the Chaos Plane because of a bug.

"If God did not exist, it would be necessary to invent him."- Voltaire
"Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven."- John Milton, Paradise Lost
"Yesterday we obeyed kings and bent our necks before emperors. But today we kneel only to truth, follow only beauty, and obey only love."- Kahlil Gibran
"I may disagree with what you have to say, but I shall defend, to the death, your right to say it."- Voltaire.
"What is freedom of expression? Without the freedom to offend, it ceases to exist."-Salman Rushdie
Chris
Registered user
The One The Only

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, January 19, 2004 at 22:27 (GMT -5)

Read the guidebook it'll answer a lot of your questions and it'll save us from having to do it but seeing as the DCBoTS07 which I've never heard of before dosen't list the TotRR's stats there are as following:

The Trident of the Red Rooster (+36, 6d12+18) [+12, +12] {Ma+24}
Weight:150s
When worn it modifies DV by +12 and PV by +12
It is an undead slayer
It is an demon slayer
It modifies you mana attribute by +24
This weapon returns when thrown
It grants resistance to death attacks
It grants the ability to see invisible things
It grants immunity to fire
It grants immunity to acid
It grants immunity to cold attacks
It grants immunity to shock attacks
It grants the ability to breath water

Achilles
Registered user
Mymirdon King

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, January 20, 2004 at 01:00 (GMT -5)

OK. Thanks for the rundown, Chris.

My question though, had nothing to do with its attributes, so please don't make me feel that I'm wasteing your time.

I know that you have to have it in hand to get through the gate. What I was concerned about was that if it needed to be wielded while in actual melee with Andor. Does having it in the missile slot suffice?

What I'm saying is the guide I had was fairly incomplete and it has plain few "tips and tricks" (spoilers) and whatnot. I did the tourism board teleport trap thing, and thats about the extent of my research...aside from what I get from the forums.

What I did not know (until recently) was ways to temporarily lower some stats, then find a way to increase them again for a net gain. I thought once a stat reached its max potential, that was it, except for potions and wishes.

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 1/20/2004 at 01:05 (GMT -5) by Achilles]
Portrait
Maelstrom
Registered user
The Knight of the Black Rose

Last page view:

3125 days, 56 minutes and 57 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, January 20, 2004 at 09:11 (GMT -5)

It needs to be in your right hand while you kill him - you don't need to fight him with it, but it must be in your right hand when you strike the killing blow in order to get an Ultra Ending.

A pessimist sees a dark tunnel.
An optimist sees a light at the end of that tunnel.
A realist sees a train.
And the train driver sees three idiots on the tracks.
Chris
Registered user
The One The Only

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, January 20, 2004 at 21:12 (GMT -5)

Actually Achilles you are wasting my time like I said read The Guidebook.

Here's a link to it:
The Guidebook

Portrait
Taz
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, January 20, 2004 at 23:14 (GMT -5)

*groan*
not again guys

[edit]
chris, if he's wasting your time, don't bother typing anything
achilles, read the GB if you want to be spoiled ;)

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 1/20/2004 at 23:24 (GMT -5) by Taz]
Achilles
Registered user
Mymirdon King

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, January 21, 2004 at 02:32 (GMT -5)

Ok,ok. Thank you Chris for the link...I will use it next time when I have a question...sorry if I offended you.

I appreciate all the advice and field of responses to my thread.

I hope everyone has an outstanding time on their next adventure with ADOM.

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 1/21/2004 at 02:48 (GMT -5) by Achilles]
Chris
Registered user
The One The Only

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, January 21, 2004 at 02:57 (GMT -5)

No problem Achilles appology accepted.

Warlord*
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, January 21, 2004 at 03:25 (GMT -5)

omg
Portrait
Anarchy2
Registered user
- Tainted Love -

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, January 21, 2004 at 04:07 (GMT -5)

D:

Do you like waffles?
Yes  No
Check results

Portrait
Morio
Registered user
Holy Champion of ADoM

Last page view:

3906 days, 3 hours, 43 minutes and 45 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, January 21, 2004 at 07:07 (GMT -5)

Anarchy2 do you really think that you could find someone that doesnt like waffles?

"I don't know what World War 3 will be fought with, but I know World War 4 with be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein
Portrait
Anarchy2
Registered user
- Tainted Love -

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, January 21, 2004 at 07:15 (GMT -5)

:D Well,it's worth a try.

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: