Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / WMoPC

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Portrait
Alex
Registered user
Master Necromancer

Last page view:

6516 days, 21 hours, 18 minutes and 33 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, January 30, 2004 at 14:52 (GMT -5)

How high level would you say a PC needs to be to take them on with relative ease? They seem to be really pretty tough, but I've been killed by them 3 times now in low danger areas (ID:1, VD etc.)
What do you wish for? wands of cat repellent_
Achilles
Registered user
Mymirdon King

Last page view:

7016 days, 13 hours, 38 minutes and 59 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, January 30, 2004 at 17:05 (GMT -5)

My level 42 dark elf beastfighter was taking them out with about 3-4 strikes...and rarely taking damage, but it seems that if any other character ( below lvl 14-15) Ive played, I usually try and block them off with a wand of door creation, and boogie.

At about level 15 or 16, my beastfighters can usually take them out...without gaining too many corruptions! (of course this depends on how many Im facing!)

I dont know about any other class besides beastfighters and monks, but I imagine the experience level will be about the same for fighters. No idea about wizards/priests/psyonists

I imagine that jelly slaying ammo can take them out fairly easily, though Ive never tried it.

"Not Zeus himself nor any other Power Shall save this madman who defies the Gods!"---Phoebus Apollo

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 1/30/2004 at 20:38 (GMT -5) by Achilles]
Portrait
Taz
Registered user

Last page view:

5034 days, 5 hours, 35 minutes and 57 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, January 31, 2004 at 19:59 (GMT -5)

i remember taking one down with a level 5 gnomish druid. i used burning hands and it killed them in one go. don't remember what level burning hands was, but i gained 2-3 levels when i killed it. regretted not letting it duplicate then :P

Taz: A potion of gain attributes (4s) is lying here. Suddenly a stone block hits your head! Something on the ground is smashed to pieces!
PeanutGod: Awwww no! How harsh is that! This is where you need the artefact 'mop and bucket'.
Achilles
Registered user
Mymirdon King

Last page view:

7016 days, 13 hours, 38 minutes and 59 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, February 02, 2004 at 21:32 (GMT -5)

Speaking of WMoPCs...I just had level 3 monk meet a few in the UD1...managed to get surrounded...didnt take to long to bite the big one!!!

Kind of an overkill for just a little ol monk!!

ADOM is evil.

"Not Zeus himself nor any other Power Shall save this madman who defies the Gods!"---Phoebus Apollo
Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

3764 days, 11 hours, 23 minutes and 14 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, February 02, 2004 at 23:19 (GMT -5)

Any spellcaster with a Nether Bolt spell, or anyone else with a wand of cold and 2 charges, can take them out. They're vulnerable to cold.

On the other hand, melee fighters have serious trouble with them until the early-20s levels, especially since the darn things are breeders; although I did once have a level-3 hurthling archer of mine take one out with rocks. (Run, throw, run, rinse and repeat; thankfully this was on a level with a circular path for said running).

Die Gedanken sind Frei
taz unlogged
Unregistered user
Posted on Tuesday, February 03, 2004 at 07:50 (GMT -5)

how many rounds did you run? did you gain several levels?
Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

3764 days, 11 hours, 23 minutes and 14 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, February 03, 2004 at 12:01 (GMT -5)

I gained... hmmm... well, more than one level. Probably more than two. It was quite a while ago... and, yes, it took me quite a long time and a LOT of rocks (thank you, Puppy Cave ants!). I was VERY lucky the thing didn't duplicate or I would've been dead. If you ever try pulling something like that, remember to turn autopickup off!

Die Gedanken sind Frei

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: