Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / Warning about Worn Boots

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Achilles
Registered user
Mymirdon King

Last page view:

7016 days, 2 hours, 17 minutes and 58 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, January 30, 2004 at 17:06 (GMT -5)

99.9% of the time, 'worn boots' turn out to be seven league boots, however, my 3rd level beastfighter found a pair of 'worn boots.' I placed them on the alter that was in a room on the same level, and they were blessed. "Cool," I thought. Well, I put them on and immediatelly the message went "the worn boots glow in a black light!" They turn out to be autocursing boots of slowness -40 to speed. Wow. Anyone heard of these things?

"Not Zeus himself nor any other Power Shall save this madman who defies the Gods!"---Phoebus Apollo
Portrait
Jonesy
Registered user
Liberate Te Ex Inferis

Last page view:

6514 days, 4 hours and 57 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, January 30, 2004 at 18:53 (GMT -5)

Yeah. Haven't seen many since the ol' Gammas.

"If God did not exist, it would be necessary to invent him."- Voltaire
"Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven."- John Milton, Paradise Lost
"Yesterday we obeyed kings and bent our necks before emperors. But today we kneel only to truth, follow only beauty, and obey only love."- Kahlil Gibran
"I may disagree with what you have to say, but I shall defend, to the death, your right to say it."- Voltaire.
"What is freedom of expression? Without the freedom to offend, it ceases to exist."-Salman Rushdie
J.
Registered user
You'll never get rid of me

Last page view:

5672 days, 10 hours, 12 minutes and 23 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, January 31, 2004 at 05:23 (GMT -5)

How you can avoid boots of the slow shuffle next time:

Spoiler
Learn to identify items by their weight. 7LBs weigh 30s, boots of the slow shuffle weigh 20s. Usually boots of the slow shuffle are named greased boots.

If you're feeling happy, don't worry, it'll go away.

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: