Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Heavily trapped

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Portrait
Tha Messiah
Registered user
Angel of Death

Last page view:

7777 days, 10 hours, 53 minutes and 35 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, August 13, 2001 at 16:15 (GMT -5)

What the hell?I was playing level 12 a high-eleven paladin
On coc level 9 i found a tension room full of dire wolves and a werewolf.The room was heavily trapped mainly corruption traps.Except one square all sqares were full of traps.I had to kill only a few of them.All of a sudden i discovered that 2 of the dire wolves had turned into writhing masses of primal chaos.Boy did i have a tough time with them!!!
Hey i didnt know that monsters could become Writhing masses .

THE MESSIAH,I'm here now,Worship me.
Tekki
Registered user

Last page view:

7344 days, 6 hours, 36 minutes and 40 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, August 13, 2001 at 16:19 (GMT -5)

they can. and it is NO FUN when you have a trapped-up room with tons of worms in it...can you say corruption-fest?

You feel a surge of power. Suddenly your extraordinary carrying capacity fails you. You are crushed by the tons of luggage you are carrying. You die...

Go here when you are on the forum to chat about Adom! http://koti.mbnet.fi/adrakon/chat.shtml
Portrait
Ade
Registered user
Being perverse is bad

Last page view:

7707 days, 8 hours, 14 minutes and 52 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, August 14, 2001 at 19:26 (GMT -5)

Hmm, I thought TB fixed that bug long ago...

You make my life and times
A book of bluesy saturdays
Portrait
Jan Erik
Administrator

Last page view:

16 hours, 34 minutes and 26 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, August 14, 2001 at 19:44 (GMT -5)

What bug would that be?

Jan Erik Mydland
HoF admin
Mindstorm
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, November 22, 2001 at 14:24 (GMT -5)

It's not a bug, its perfectly planned feature.
J.
Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, November 23, 2001 at 01:45 (GMT -5)

Ummm... But aren't WMoPC's easily killed with high-level fire bolts ? They are jellies after all. IIRC I once killed one (created by a corruption trap in heavily trapped monster room) easily with a lowish-level char by casting fire bolt.
Stas
Registered user
The Dark Lord Melkor

Last page view:

7651 days, 8 hours, 56 minutes and 12 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, November 23, 2001 at 01:54 (GMT -5)

anyway, creating tension room & trap room in one single room is IMHO a bug.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger"
Lord of The Rings

"Do not meddle in the affairs of cats, for they are subtle and will anger the cat lord"

Portrait
Duke Ravage
Registered user
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

5663 days, 55 minutes and 10 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, November 23, 2001 at 02:45 (GMT -5)

i agree, it shouldn't be possible.

ivan.sourceforge.net
Sengoku
Registered user

Last page view:

7930 days, 7 hours, 20 minutes and 18 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, November 23, 2001 at 05:01 (GMT -5)

I once made Munxip the shopkeeper into a WMoPC by the use of a wand of trap creation. I was tring to rob it but once he turned he attacked me instantly and paralyzed me, poisoned me and then killed me!

Sengoku
J.
Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, November 23, 2001 at 05:31 (GMT -5)

Hmmm... I wonder... If one used a \oTrapCreation to create a corruption trap, then turned a shopkeeper to a WMoPC and killed it would that give a lawful boost ? After all WMoPC's are considered VERY chaotic beings, right ?
Locke
Registered user
Treasure hunter

Last page view:

7898 days, 20 hours, 17 minutes and 11 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, November 23, 2001 at 07:22 (GMT -5)

Why shouldn't it be possible to create a tension room and trap room in the same place? What's the argument against it?

Locke Cole
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Registered user
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, November 23, 2001 at 12:16 (GMT -5)

why would a group of orcs hang out in a room filled with traps??

ivan.sourceforge.net
Portrait
Tha Messiah
Registered user
Angel of Death

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, November 23, 2001 at 14:01 (GMT -5)

IMHO this is a bug.Tension rooms are bad.Trap rooms are bad too.But both of em together!.Jeez.How on earth do you expect a low level char to handle a WMoPC.

Locke
Registered user
Treasure hunter

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, November 25, 2001 at 07:50 (GMT -5)

Duke Ravage: Well, why would a group of orcs hang out in a room with a trapped door that would warn the character? Why don't the orcs sneak up on the character from the corners instead of staying packed together, begging to be beaten up? :) Besides, the orcs don't know about the traps until they start their trampling towards the character. And one final thing: This has been reported a 'bug' quite a few times, and it is still around, which surely means that TB wants this to stay in the game. Thus, it's a feature.

Tha Messiah: A tension room + trap room does not guarantee the generation of a corruption trap you konw. And if a monster is transformed into a WMoPC, run your ass off then if you can't handle it at that time. :)

Locke Cole
J.
Unregistered user
Posted on Sunday, November 25, 2001 at 12:48 (GMT -5)

How about river running through a vault ? I found one with a human elementalist in CoC (Demons and hellhounds).
Stas
Registered user
The Dark Lord Melkor

Last page view:

7651 days, 8 hours, 56 minutes and 12 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, November 26, 2001 at 00:55 (GMT -5)

Locke>feature, you say... when one don't want to admit that's a bug, they say it's a "feature"...
or maye bug is so hard to fix (with coding) that he hasn't been able to do that, yet.

why it is a bug? Because:when you open the door, monsters start moving and triggering traps... that probably wasn't TB's idea... "The orc steps on a loose stone. You hear *CLICK*! Suddenly a huge explosion engulfs everything. The orc screams one last time before is consumed by a roaring flames!" see?monsters are killing themselves.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger"
Lord of The Rings

"Do not meddle in the affairs of cats, for they are subtle and will anger the cat lord"

Locke
Registered user
Treasure hunter

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, November 26, 2001 at 10:21 (GMT -5)

I've also found a vault with a river running through it, several times. And I find it kinda nice feature too since it gives you an obstacle to the free experience and stuff you'll get from the vault way to easy otherwise.

Stas, I doubt very much that this feature is hard to 'fix' since it's merely one or checks away from fixing, if the code is logical enough. And yes, the monsters are killing themself when they activate the traps. What's your point with that known fact? :)

Locke Cole
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Registered user
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, November 26, 2001 at 21:02 (GMT -5)

well IMO the monsters congregate in a room for a reason (I.E. sleep, food, or- other things.... *g*) and the trapped door is more to warn them than an intruder, as well as to provide them an easier way to eliminate others. i could be wrong of course, but thats what i see. that's also how i see vaults and greater vaults. and why would they want to go have an or-cish feast in a room filled with traps??

ivan.sourceforge.net
Piraten
Registered user

Last page view:

8179 days, 14 hours, 31 minutes and 21 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, November 28, 2001 at 08:29 (GMT -5)

why would orcs hang out in a room at all, i bet they're thinking: lets wait till an adventurer comes by and well try to kill him , WEEEEEEE!!!!

/I wish u could play as a pirate in ADOM!!
Duke Ravage
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, November 28, 2001 at 11:00 (GMT -5)

you didn't read what i said did you?
in real life i sincerely doubt they'd know anyone was even in the dungeon until they saw him. so who knows, they could be a war band that's resting in there after a battle or something... and if you were leading a group of 20 or so orcs would you want them wandering around alone running into powerful ugly monsters.
and one more thing they could be doing in there: Orcs have a religion too. Perhaps they're having a wild org- er, orcish feast in honor of the One who Rages or something....
Duke Ravage
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, November 28, 2001 at 11:02 (GMT -5)

a poll:

Does a group of honsters have a legitamate reason to congregate in a "tension room?"
Yes  No
Check results

Amanda Sedai
Registered user

Last page view:

7923 days, 8 hours, 14 minutes and 3 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, November 28, 2001 at 11:20 (GMT -5)

In the case of some tension rooms, that's probably where the monsters live. Take orcs for example. They live in caves, so if you're in a cave and you find a tension room filled with orcs, maybe that's an orcish village or something.

-Amanda Sedai, a save-scumming newbie. (Hey, at least I saved that little girl's dog. Gimme some credit... ;-))
Portrait
Tha Messiah
Registered user
Angel of Death

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, November 28, 2001 at 11:39 (GMT -5)

Well if that is so why the traps?Dont you think they would have already activated traps?

Amanda Sedai
Registered user

Last page view:

7923 days, 8 hours, 14 minutes and 3 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, November 28, 2001 at 11:58 (GMT -5)

Maybe they had created the traps themselves very recently as a means of protecting their village, but were so stupid that when they saw you they stepped on the traps themselves. Orcs aren't the smartest monsters.

-Amanda Sedai, a save-scumming newbie. (Hey, at least I saved that little girl's dog. Gimme some credit... ;-))
Locke
Registered user
Treasure hunter

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, November 28, 2001 at 21:38 (GMT -5)

*lol* I really like that one Amanda! That would be just like an orcish action. Trapping themself in a room like that and then, when the hero shows up, they charge at him/her with zero thought about the traps, until it's too late. :)

Locke Cole
Piraten
Registered user

Last page view:

8179 days, 14 hours, 31 minutes and 21 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, November 29, 2001 at 05:12 (GMT -5)

easy Duke! was just kidding, but i still think it seems quite stupid with tension rooms, maybe not if it is orcs but when its mixed with all kinds of monsters..

/I wish u could play as a pirate in ADOM!!
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Registered user
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, November 29, 2001 at 10:58 (GMT -5)

you're right about it bein wierd w/ different kinds of monsters (dark hurthlings hanging out with orcs for example)... but still...

ivan.sourceforge.net
Portrait
Tha Messiah
Registered user
Angel of Death

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, November 29, 2001 at 12:57 (GMT -5)

Hey people this is a game remember.They dont have a reason to be in a room together.My point was that it is irritating when they turn into WMoPc's and attack a low level char.

Andor Drakon
Registered user
uummm... ElDeR cHaOs GoD?

Last page view:

7300 days, 17 hours and 51 minutes ago.
Posted on Wednesday, May 28, 2003 at 02:53 (GMT -5)

No, it wasnt a tension and a trap room, there was just a werewolf and it summoned all the wolves

ChAoS iS cOmInG!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: