Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Roguelike / morrowind? thoughts?

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

NHGH
Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, February 02, 2004 at 18:36 (GMT -5)

i played it for a bit. and the size of the game was pretty cool. other than that i think it was a bust. bad gameplay and the creatures could have been cooler. nice idea though.
C<U>
Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, February 02, 2004 at 21:45 (GMT -5)

Some of the mods do wonders for that...especially when you add in your own monsters. To me the monsters look like dinosaurs from the 90's, especially those annoying cliff racers...and guars...crap even the people!

I have this conspiracy theory that while programming morrowind the creators watched starwars and the matrix (have you seen the main quest?)

Another game in that series would have been Daggerfall, a HUGE game, which has several countries. I like to be a hero in one country, but a villan in another (just funny).
Portrait
the mighty NHGH
Registered user
pRAise "BOB"!

Last page view:

7176 days, 19 hours, 45 minutes and 53 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, February 02, 2004 at 22:18 (GMT -5)

i want to start a roguelike on that scale.
like a gigantic game. tons of towns and quests.
i just need to learn a language first or get in touch with someone that wants to collaberate.

For the Good "Bob" selleth all, even the least and the last; and all buyers are joyous unto his selling.

And those who knoweth not the Good "Bob" from the Evil "Bob" shall verily sell away their souls, and shall be lost.
C<U>
Unregistered user
Posted on Tuesday, February 03, 2004 at 18:40 (GMT -5)

Prickle knows someone making a T.O.M.E. like games based on the DarkMists story. They want to make Everquest it seems. They seem to have some skill in Lua as far as I've heard.
Portrait
Palagran
Registered user
Furry Hybrid

Last page view:

6367 days, 12 hours, 53 minutes and 57 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, February 23, 2004 at 21:31 (GMT -5)

I played Morrowind all the way through. It was fun, but I had two main gripes. One was that the game is just too easy. Some of the best equipment in the game is just kind've lying around in common places, and once you discover a certain type of enchantment, you become virtually invincible. The difficulty of the game just doesn't progress very well. It goes from difficult to easy way too soon.

My second gripe is that the final boss is a huge disappointment. For me, the fight and following scenario was extremely buggy, and the boss himself was a joke.

The concept and design of the game is good, but some of its technical aspects could have been better implemented.
Portrait
C
Registered user

Last page view:

6299 days, 11 hours, 15 minutes and 51 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, February 28, 2004 at 18:05 (GMT -5)

Yeah, and it looks like to many movies (especially Starwars (Dagoth Ur) and the Matrix (follow the white guar, the one, etc, etc).
To me they really screwed up on the character graphics...they could have looked much better. That's why I spend more hours downloading mods than actually playing. Then all the monsters look like dinosaurs...Storyline Bs. really tried (watched movies), and if you've played DF you should see (Trib. addition) how messed up Helseth came out... At least in Morrowind the guards aren't omnipresent (always know when you steal).... But MY BIGGEST PROBLEM is that I thought Morrowind would look a bit more tropical... If you've played ES1; Arena you'll know what I'm talking about.

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: