Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Roguelike / daggerfall?

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Portrait
the mighty NHGH
Registered user
pRAise "BOB"!

Last page view:

7177 days, 4 hours, 54 minutes and 36 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, February 03, 2004 at 01:12 (GMT -5)

thinking about trying it out?
is it anygood?
i like huge gameworlds.

For the Good "Bob" selleth all, even the least and the last; and all buyers are joyous unto his selling.

And those who knoweth not the Good "Bob" from the Evil "Bob" shall verily sell away their souls, and shall be lost.
C<U>
Unregistered user
Posted on Tuesday, February 03, 2004 at 18:38 (GMT -5)

Its just like Morrowind...with horrible graphics!
The storyline is that of a soap. There is more of a variety of monsters...like dragonlings (no big dragons though), lamias (mermaids), orcs, nymphs, etc.
Portrait
Palagran
Registered user
Furry Hybrid

Last page view:

6367 days, 22 hours, 2 minutes and 40 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, February 23, 2004 at 22:13 (GMT -5)

Daggerfall is a fun game... assuming you can tolerate the multitude of bugs that infest it. It crashes very often, and in-game visual, audial, and statistical bugs are typical. There is, however, a patch you can download that greatly reduces the number of errors the game encounters. It only softens the blow, though.

My other complaint with the game is the reputation system. It's easy to see that Bethesda put a lot of work into it, and it's a fun aspect of the game, but it just isn't made important enough. You can do only the storyline quests and finish the game, and the ending will not reflect your reputation, no matter how much work you put into it. Furthermore, having a good reputation doesn't yield any tremendous rewards, and having a low reputation isn't really all so terrible either, considering once you get at least moderately powerful, you can defeat city guards easily.

Even more, the quests in the game yield pathetic rewards. You gain a dismal amount of gold for doing quests, while you typically gain several times your reward in gold by picking up and selling things you did ON the quest. It makes one wonder why even do quests in the first place, if you can just go to a random dungeon and excavate it. Sure, quests yield reputation gains, but I've already said how unimportant that is.

The sounds for the game are wonderful, and are used in American movies even today. Also, the atmosphere of the dungeons are quite spooky. That's definitely a plus.

The game has many endings, which is also good. I have yet to see them all, because the point in the game that determines which ending you get is a good ways before the game actually finishes. (Sure, I could save before that point and just pursue another path, but I just wouldn't do that.)

Another likable trait of the game is the custom character creation feature. I think creating a custom character is almost as fun as playing the game itself.

In short, it's a good game with many upsides, but the multitude of bugs and faulty design leave something to be desired.
wakka*
Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, February 27, 2004 at 14:05 (GMT -5)

when DF came out, I played it like mad.
but... it has some weaknesses if not patched...
I found a maze-like dungeon. when I went in, I couldn't find a way out anymore.the map was so big at the point when I noticed it, so I couldn't find the exit. that sucked. I think it was a bug, if not, it was kinda cool.
one of the bad bugs, if the player is unaware, is that you can create a godlike character in the beginning (unpatched). all stats at maximum. but when you gain a level and are supposed to raise stats, the game doesn't understand that the abilities are maxed out, and won't go any further... addictive game at least.
Portrait
@
Registered user
Q('_'Q)(>'_')>

Last page view:

6676 days, 15 hours, 47 minutes and 52 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, February 28, 2004 at 04:47 (GMT -5)

I would download it when i get my new internet connection, d'ud, i cant find it anywhere(full version, i mean)

Not gonna buy it,lol^^ I have Might&Macig7 which is MUCH better. Although my cd drive doesnt read the cd anymore:( good thing i get new comp soon.

<xxxxo~~~~oxxxx> SWORDCHUK

Portrait
C
Registered user

Last page view:

6299 days, 20 hours, 24 minutes and 34 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, February 28, 2004 at 17:58 (GMT -5)

I know a russian site on the web that has the FULL version. (and a french\portuguese site that has ES1; Arena) so e-mail me and I'll give you the site.

I have a daggerfall page and I will soon have a Morrowind page on my site... What I like about DF is the size, and the fact you have a large variety of options.

Portrait
Armada
Registered user

Last page view:

1232 days, 8 hours, 27 minutes and 7 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, February 29, 2004 at 13:24 (GMT -5)

Can you just post the link here? Email is evil

C&lt;U&gt;
Unregistered user
Posted on Tuesday, March 02, 2004 at 20:37 (GMT -5)

Daggerfall; the russian site is down, if I can find another I'll tell you.
Arena; (full version with crack, but the site's in french)
http://www.abandonware-france.org/ltf-rubriques.php3?genre=jdr

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: