Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / Stupid Idea: Monster Spelling

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Some guy
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, February 05, 2004 at 23:09 (GMT -5)

Has anybody tried to spell out messages, or even simple words with monsters? It's definitely possible, and could maybe even be easy with enough companions. I first got this idea when two bats and an ogre spelled the name BOB. And if anybody manages to spell something good I'd really like to see a screen
The Real J.
Registered user
The faceless swordsman

Last page view:

5622 days, 9 hours, 52 minutes and 32 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, February 06, 2004 at 00:58 (GMT -5)

Alternatively, with petrification spell and enough monsters it should be possible to create entire sentences even though some of the alphabet are missing. Not very useful, I know, but it would be an interesting to create entire sentences to e.g. bigroom from petrified monsters post-victory...

J.

Sytytä toiselle tuli ja hän pysyy lämpimänä jonkin aikaa.
Sytytä hänet palamaan ja hän pysyy lämpimänä loppuelämänsä.
Portrait
Mewto
Registered user

Last page view:

3608 days, 5 hours, 18 minutes and 23 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, February 09, 2004 at 11:26 (GMT -5)

Yeah, and a smart-looking greater balor would stop and look at that room and say: Look, my enemies have entered the stone age.
For the Horde!
Maastonakki
Registered user
A cute puppy

Last page view:

5832 days, 6 hours, 58 minutes and 24 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, March 02, 2004 at 10:59 (GMT -5)

I recall having the word "BYE" made by a bat, golem and a greater elemental... was it earth elemental, not sure.. it was at DH:2 anyway.
Once I had "sold."

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: