Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Wishing for arrows

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Portrait
Morio
Registered user
Holy Champion of ADoM

Last page view:

3912 days, 9 minutes and 2 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, February 09, 2004 at 05:02 (GMT -5)

Could anyone tell me what is the average amount of arrown or quirrels you can get with one wish.

"I don't know what World War 3 will be fought with, but I know World War 4 with be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein
Kryllion
Registered user

Last page view:

7056 days, 19 hours, 40 minutes and 15 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, February 09, 2004 at 14:29 (GMT -5)

I don't know - but your character must be in a very sticky situation indeed to even consider wishing for arrows.

I can't stand it when I run out of my cool arrows and have to start using the cursed blunt balsawood (-2, -4) ones. I need a blessed boomerang of kill'emall.

~Kryllion~
Master of the Screeching Humanling
Kurupt #2
Registered user

Last page view:

7117 days, 17 hours, 51 minutes and 34 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, February 09, 2004 at 15:24 (GMT -5)

From a quick bit of experimentation, I got 36 arrows in a wish and 39 quarrels from another wish. Obviously these values are unlikely to be exact... but that's what I got. I would never consider wishing for arrows in a typical game anyway.

Let this account be a lesson to you all - Remember your password!
Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

3769 days, 10 hours, 37 minutes and 12 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, February 09, 2004 at 19:11 (GMT -5)

Well, if you were an archer desperate for ammo, had already got an AoLS, corruption removal, and 7LB and had a wish to spare, it wouldn't really be too much of a bad idea. You should probably wish for "eternium" ammo, though.

My last game was an archer who made it to level 18 before being sacced by an orc, evidently teleported in by the teleport trap I hadn't bothered to disarm...

Anyhow, my final weapons skills? Bows, 8; crossbows; 7, Daggers, 10! Yes, I ran out of ammunition a LOT, and the crystal dagger I found in the puppy cave came in handy.

But remember: "Desperate for ammo" should also equal "Trapped somewhere with no means of getting to the ID to kill things for more ammo". Maybe a situation that occurs once in the average player's "career".

Die Gedanken sind Frei
Kryllion
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, February 09, 2004 at 19:30 (GMT -5)

My last archer died when he "found" a teleportation trap and landed in a treasury with no means of escape. The guard was not very helpful, so I took him down with me.

What's cool about crystal daggers? Do they return, or do they just do lots of damage?

~Kryllion~
Larrack
Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, February 09, 2004 at 21:34 (GMT -5)

Larrack speaks:

Crystal daggers not only do 2d4 base damage, they also cannot be degraded by rust or ooze.
Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, February 09, 2004 at 21:43 (GMT -5)

Or acid, or fire, or pretty much anything else... this particular dagger was 2d4+6, and I used a couple scrolls on it to make the to-hit +4.

Die Gedanken sind Frei
Andor Drakon
Registered user
uummm... ElDeR cHaOs GoD?

Last page view:

7314 days, 6 hours, 52 minutes and 46 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, February 10, 2004 at 06:23 (GMT -5)

In my opinion i don't think I could run out of ammo with an archer if I tried. This is porbably due to my archer strategy of

"go and find a barbarian ambush, set tactics to coward, kill all but 3, run in circles allowing barbarians to fire until starving, kill the remaining barbarians, eat food, go to terinyo and by more food, rinse and repeat until you have more than 1000 arrows."

ChAoS iS cOmInG!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Tanthalas Pathfinder
Registered user
aka Tanthie

Last page view:

7067 days, 23 hours, 55 minutes and 42 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, February 10, 2004 at 07:23 (GMT -5)

"go and find a barbarian ambush, set tactics to coward, kill all but 3, run in circles allowing barbarians to fire until starving, kill the remaining barbarians, eat food, go to terinyo and by more food, rinse and repeat until you have more than 1000 arrows."

I didn't know they have infinite amounts of arrows in their quivers. o_O

"When watching anime, never worry about the consequences."
Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, February 10, 2004 at 07:32 (GMT -5)

Yep, they do :) Ratling archers fire quarrels and can be used to harvest them. Hawkslayer fires eternium quarrels, but don't irk him just for the quarrels; he's quite a tough opponent. Better to get him as a companion and pick up the ones he fires.

Die Gedanken sind Frei
Kryllion
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, February 10, 2004 at 15:54 (GMT -5)

You people are brilliant! I'm going to suicide my mindcrafting Dwarf and make some sort of archer-type.

~Kryllion~
Larrack
Unregistered user
Posted on Tuesday, February 10, 2004 at 16:57 (GMT -5)

Larrack says that as of HIS version of Adom, archer monsters do not have anywhere near infinite ammo. Orcs have one crude knife, each. Barbarians often have eight or nine arrows, but no more. Ratling archers have about the same. Its still a very good strategy, but there is a limit on what you can get from each.

Raiders seem to have the most, or are often generated with 12 or so on them at death. A bow using archer will want to fight Kranach.

Hawkslayer seems to generate his own arrows, I will give you that much.
Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, February 10, 2004 at 21:08 (GMT -5)

Well, I know orcs have one knife or spear each. But I distinctly remember getting about 25 quarrels from a ratling archer before I accidentally bumped into him.

Maybe you're confusing the archer's tendency to use melee attack (not missiles) when he's in the square next to you? My archer had a speed of about 115 and regularly got ahead of said ratling archer, thus forcing him to use the quarrels.

Die Gedanken sind Frei

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 2/10/2004 at 21:08 (GMT -5) by Iridia]

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: