Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / A petition to TB

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Andor Drakon
Registered user
uummm... ElDeR cHaOs GoD?

Last page view:

7309 days, 4 hours, 42 minutes and 33 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, February 09, 2004 at 06:53 (GMT -5)

The last ADOM update was more than a year ago. The last actual change in any way to the site or ADOM was more than three months ago. The last communication between TB and the outside world was more than four weeks ago. ADOM players, it is time to unite for our cause. We humbly request for TB to put a small bit more time into ADOM's development. We sign this petition and agree to this!

ChAoS iS cOmInG!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Andor Drakon
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, February 09, 2004 at 06:55 (GMT -5)

(I obviously sign it)

ChAoS iS cOmInG!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Marillion
Registered user
Twinmaster

Last page view:

367 days, 22 hours, 24 minutes and 14 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, February 09, 2004 at 08:00 (GMT -5)

It has crossed my mind as kinda sad.
Signing!

Portrait
Ekaterin
Moderator on this forum

Last page view:

5774 days, 5 hours, 18 minutes and 9 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, February 09, 2004 at 08:22 (GMT -5)

To TB:
Although I've been addicted to ADOM for over two years now, I'm not too happy about the infrequency of updates to www.adom.de. I'd especially like to see more bugs marked as fixed (which hasn't happened since version 1.1.1 came out). I'd be willing to look through the bug database and weed out duplicates, complete nonsense, things which aren't really bugs, and so forth if it would help at all.
Yours sincerely,
Dr Eva Myers.

[Andor, will this thread be passed on to TB unedited?]
Portrait
Mewto
Registered user

Last page view:

3608 days, 2 hours, 5 minutes and 16 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, February 09, 2004 at 10:57 (GMT -5)

I sign it.
For the Horde!
Portrait
Morio
Registered user
Holy Champion of ADoM

Last page view:

3906 days, 21 hours, 58 minutes and 49 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, February 10, 2004 at 04:46 (GMT -5)

Mee too

"I don't know what World War 3 will be fought with, but I know World War 4 with be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein
Andor Drakon
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, February 10, 2004 at 06:03 (GMT -5)

[Ekaterin, I don't really know. Probably. Actually. your thread feels more well-thought-out, professional, and more respective of the Creator than mine does, so I'm almost beginning to feel that this one is rather pointless.]

ChAoS iS cOmInG!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 2/10/2004 at 06:07 (GMT -5) by Andor Drakon]
Kryllion
Registered user

Last page view:

7051 days, 17 hours, 30 minutes and 2 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, February 10, 2004 at 08:58 (GMT -5)

I'm not signing anything, and I think this is a fairly rude request. I haven't paid one red cent for ADOM, and I've been enjoying the game and website for over a year.

I'm certainly not signing a petition asking a man to give me something when he's already done so, and I've given him nothing.

Now... if you've been steadily donating or contributing to ADOM on expectation of getting something in return, the sad news is that you haven't been donating or contributing, you've been attempting to purchase. If you HAVE donated (and I have not), then you've contributed a DONATION, which by definition is a gesture of goodwill or gratitude, and not something that gives you the right to put petitions together (humbly or not) to ask for something in return.

Enjoy the game, and if TB gets around to making more updates, enjoy those. If you'd prefer, you're more than welcome to write your own game. If you're lucky, you too can attract a loyal following of people who want more from you.

~Kryllion~
Master of the Screeching Humanling
KoRnDogG
Unregistered user
Posted on Tuesday, February 10, 2004 at 15:52 (GMT -5)

I sign, and TB, if you like, I can code the website and update it more often, if you tell me what you would like to see on it of course...
Portrait
@
Registered user
Q('_'Q)(>'_')>

Last page view:

6678 days, 19 hours, 10 minutes and 42 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, February 12, 2004 at 12:50 (GMT -5)

Hey,hey hey! Havent you though that MAYBE TB has some REAL work, girlfriend or something, He has to read thousands of annoying email, people who yell, "RELEASE THE NEXT VERSION" maybe YOU could do it faster, could you?

Coding takes time, brains and often makes you frustraded. I have tried it, Not really fun.

I agree that he could do a little more effort, but he isint a machine. Ofcourse it could be great if he would hire people to code his wepsite, like KornDogg, so he could just do the game.

People have real lives. Dont Kill Me.

I havent neither done any donations, so i wont yell tb to make the next version, But ofcourse if you have given donations, i think you have rights to say those words.

<xxxxo~~~~oxxxx> SWORDCHUK

Could you do the game faster than TB?
Yes  No
Check results

Andor Drakon
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, February 13, 2004 at 21:00 (GMT -5)

I apologize to all those I have offended. I have not been attempting to be rude oranything, and while I have donated, I am not trying to say to him: "I paid you money, you'd better get the next version out RIGHT NOW". I was simply asking him, one person to the Creator, if he would spend a little more time working on the task that he so likes to work on.

I don't even expect to submit this to TB now that so many people seem to be intent on bashing me over the head about it. I probably newer would ahve anyway.

*mumble mumble*

ChAoS iS cOmInG!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

3764 days, 8 hours, 26 minutes and 59 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, February 13, 2004 at 23:34 (GMT -5)

I don't see what's so wrong about sending anything to TB. You've the right to ask; he has the right to decline...

Die Gedanken sind Frei
Kryllion
Registered user

Last page view:

7051 days, 17 hours, 30 minutes and 2 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, February 14, 2004 at 15:47 (GMT -5)

True - but having been on the other side of community petitions, you cannot help but feel like you handed someone $20, and now they want more. You end up regretting the original handout.

~Kryllion~
Master of the Screeching Humanling
Portrait
@
Registered user
Q('_'Q)(>'_')>

Last page view:

6678 days, 19 hours, 10 minutes and 42 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, February 15, 2004 at 05:20 (GMT -5)

As i said, i think its fine to tell him, im paying u money! hurry up, wouldnt ya?!

But people who havent helped him anyway should not yell him, or something:P

But the web site should be upgraded more often.

<xxxxo~~~~oxxxx> SWORDCHUK

Portrait
Thoth
Registered user
The Scribe

Last page view:

6201 days, 17 hours, 38 minutes and 58 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, February 26, 2004 at 22:45 (GMT -5)

TB is a rocket scientist for god's sake.

How much free time do you think he has? :P

I will be patient like a good little ADOMer.

Go TB!

--<>||<>--

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: