Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / Steel golems

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Portrait
Alex
Registered user
Master Necromancer

Last page view:

6521 days, 4 hours, 51 minutes and 14 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, February 10, 2004 at 10:16 (GMT -5)

The steel golem is hit by the lightning bolt! The steel golem seems to shrug off the bolt! The steel golem is hit by the lightning bolt! The steel golem seems to shrug off the bolt! The bolt bounces! The steel golem is hit by the lightning bolt! The steel golem seems to shrug off the bolt! The steel golem is hit by the lightning bolt! The steel golem seems to shrug off the bolt!

I thought they were supposed to be vulnerable to shock? This is with a +15 lightning bolt spell by the way. What's going on?
What do you wish for? wands of cat repellent_
Molach
Registered user
Lord of DurisMud

Last page view:

5154 days, 16 hours, 6 minutes and 8 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, February 10, 2004 at 10:22 (GMT -5)

"shrug off" is a power some monsters have over bolt spells - compare it to the bolt not hitting the monster at all.
Once you land a hit you will see how vulnerable they are.
Im not sure if the +15 even counts for hitting purposes. Some mobs seem to have a high "shrug" percentage no matter what.
Oh and Ball spells cant be avoided like this - I try to get lighning ball before sending wimpy mages down there.
Portrait
Maelstrom
Registered user
The Knight of the Black Rose

Last page view:

3130 days, 5 hours, 40 minutes and 57 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, February 10, 2004 at 11:36 (GMT -5)

Yeah, it propably depends on your willpower - I don't even try to do dark forge with a spellcaster if I don't have the water orb, sword of Nonnak ans Wi:28 (as high as herbs+sickness goes).
And as Molach said - you just miss them. When it comes to a high level L-bolt, it takes one hit to take them down.

A pessimist sees a dark tunnel.
An optimist sees a light at the end of that tunnel.
A realist sees a train.
And the train driver sees three idiots on the tracks.
The Real J.
Registered user
The faceless swordsman

Last page view:

5626 days, 17 hours, 8 minutes and 21 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, February 11, 2004 at 01:07 (GMT -5)

Steel golems are easy prey for moderate to high level beastfighters. My L19 gnomish beastfighter was killing steel golems in Darkforge BAREHANDED without much need for healing. I wonder how a level 30 or something trollish beastfighter would do...

Sytytä toiselle tuli ja hän pysyy lämpimänä jonkin aikaa.
Sytytä hänet palamaan ja hän pysyy lämpimänä loppuelämänsä.
Warlord*
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, February 11, 2004 at 14:49 (GMT -5)

My goodness, that thing would be a monster! Can only imagine... uuuu, bad, very very bad.
The Real J.
Registered user
The faceless swordsman

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, February 12, 2004 at 01:05 (GMT -5)

Or even better, a L50 beastfighter with all (well, at least all combat-relevant) stats at 99, unarmed at grand mastery wearing bracers of war, the Cat Ring, two rings of slaying and good gloves of smiting...

Now imagine such character doing an ultra ending without actually using (but wielding) the ToTRR. I guess beastfighters also get good kicking damage so one could probably kick andy to death while wielding the trident...

The Real J.
Registered user
The faceless swordsman

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, February 13, 2004 at 01:12 (GMT -5)

Oh, well, I guess the cat ring can be left out. IIRC it gives a better chance of criticals but so do bracers of war. And with all stats at 99 plus BoW the cat ring shouldn't make much of a difference.

So make that just two rings of slaying. And increased speed to about 2000. That one would be a real killing machine...

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 2/20/2004 at 17:45 (GMT -5) by Iridia]
Larrack
Unregistered user
Posted on Sunday, February 15, 2004 at 20:41 (GMT -5)

Increasing speed past 200 in the latest version is difficult. Increasing it to 2000? I hope you're exaggerating.

Reminds me of all the people who talk about blacksmithing their swords up to +50/+50. Can't be done. Or rather, it could, but you wouldn't live long enough to do it.
Dani
Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, February 20, 2004 at 15:58 (GMT -5)

Steel Goems werent too tough for my human beastfighter (level 25 at the time, eventually died at 26 from devolving), nothing amazingly great equipment wise, massivly corrupted (I think at that point i was dripping poison) I could do 2 no healing. after i left and found myself eternium Plate and boots for a total of +18 PV, among some other stuff, I had like 45/39 DV/PV and the things couldnt hurt me.

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 2/20/2004 at 15:59 (GMT -5) by its author]
Portrait
tyrus568
Registered user
Live.. Explore... Die.

Last page view:

7194 days, 18 hours, 7 minutes and 27 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, March 05, 2004 at 00:56 (GMT -5)

I had a Hurthling Bard taking steel golems apart quite handily today with the scorched spear. I was a little surprised at that.

Didn't matter though, got killed by the Wyrm at the top of the fire tower. :(

The one who is good at shooting does not aim for the center of the target.
Dalrok
Unregistered user
Posted on Sunday, March 21, 2004 at 19:23 (GMT -5)

My L16 dwarven weaponsmith cleared the Darkforge with an eternium halberd. But I had gotten Bracers of War as crowning gift and Preserver as postcrowning gift. :)

Also, I didn't manage to smith anything ridiculously good even with 100 smithing, 100 metallurgy, 100 concentration, leather armor and eternium hammer. Should've played a fighter or barbarian instead, but I always get lucky when selecting the professions I rarely play.
Portrait
Armada
Registered user

Last page view:

1238 days, 22 hours, 18 minutes and 53 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, March 21, 2004 at 20:29 (GMT -5)

Leather armor doesnt matter, its the leather aprons that give some boost to smithing

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: