Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / Red Alert! Adom Doesnt Work!!

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Portrait
@
Registered user
Q('_'Q)(>'_')>

Last page view:

6678 days, 19 hours, 44 minutes and 19 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, February 12, 2004 at 13:15 (GMT -5)

Noo! What The Hell?!

It is just a ordinary night, im starting adom... hmm what could i pick oh, wolf sign ill try again... 10 minutes later NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! Wolf sign AGAIN!! 15 minutes later that again! *hits his head at the wall in frustration*

What is this?! after few mins i re-installed it about 5 times and still the now so terrible WOLF sign! so i went to download the winbeta version, yeah that wus fine but it got always the candle sign, after 100000000 tries i got another sign, Finally! i yelled and pressed enter to begin! the drakalor chain, hmm? what the? there came a Unlegal command in the Adom.Exe blab blah blah blah, or something like that. NOTHING WORKS! strange things are happening at my computer, some games say that it cant detect a pentium prosessor(i have it, ofcourse) memory seems to get low, adom doesnt work for no reason, and many other things, is it a virus? naah' my virus detector doesnt detect anything. ANYBODY, PLEASE HELP ME
:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(
*Hits his head in the keyboard in frustration*

<xxxxo~~~~oxxxx> SWORDCHUK

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 2/12/2004 at 13:15 (GMT -5) by @]
Portrait
@
Registered user
Q('_'Q)(>'_')>

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, February 12, 2004 at 13:44 (GMT -5)

I just dont get it, now my comp doesnt remembet to auto log on in this forum.

it gives error every time i connect on net, somethin unlegal command on winnet or something, but i just move the error window away:P

It is really wierd, it just stopped working for no god damn reason. AAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHH

cant get it work, have tried everything. It seems to be a good bye adom.sniff

Bye.

Portrait
Jan Erik
Administrator

Last page view:

4 hours, 15 minutes and 18 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, February 12, 2004 at 15:01 (GMT -5)

Sounds more like a computer problem than an ADOM problem to me...

Try scanning your hard disk, memmory and CPU for errors. CHKDSK can be used to scan the harddriver and various memmory and CPU diagnostics tools can be found on the net.

If your hardware get a clean bill of health it's probably Windows that's acting up. Try a "repair" install or failing that re-install if from scratch.

Oh and if your computer is old you might also try to open it up and blowing the dust off the components inside, I've had wierd problems with computers because of "short sircuits" caused by exessive dust inside. Just blowing it off (don't go berzerk with a vacum cleaner in there!) might be all that's needed :P

Jan Erik Mydland
HoF admin
Portrait
@
Registered user
Q('_'Q)(>'_')>

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, February 12, 2004 at 15:36 (GMT -5)

Thx!, ill try those tomorrow, first i must sleep :P

Uh, re installing windows, gotta call my big brother-the master coder here ^^

Warlord*
Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, February 13, 2004 at 00:36 (GMT -5)

IIRC You were using Win95. My advice for that (used it for years): Reinstalling every few months prevents a LOT of problems with it. Learn to do it yourself, it isn't hard, just takes a few hours, depending how many programs you want to put again. So format your C drive (assuming Win95 is there) and reinstall. Ask your bro to show how to do this.

But this is if your hardware checks out fine. 95 will get very buggy if your memory is faulty. I'd go there first, get some memory checking tools. You could try and let windows to do a complete check of your hard drive too, but chances are 95 won't find anything...

-----

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 2/13/2004 at 00:37 (GMT -5) by its author]
@ Unlogged
Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, February 13, 2004 at 02:21 (GMT -5)

Heh, yeah.

Wolf sign is poor. It is really serious now, virys scanners doesnt work, some games compain not enuh memory but my comp really has more nemory it needs blahblahblah.

Ill trt re-installing Windows. But does it wipe out all programs i had in this computer?
Portrait
Mewto
Registered user

Last page view:

3608 days, 2 hours, 38 minutes and 53 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, February 13, 2004 at 05:55 (GMT -5)

You should try to install another version of Windows. You could probably use Kazaa if you can't afford to buy. But still, Win 95 is one of my favourite versions. Crashes not very many times. I had many problems with Win 98 and had to install Win 98 SE: still crashes a lot.
For the Horde!
janlinek
Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, February 13, 2004 at 12:13 (GMT -5)

excuse me, but what is wolf sign? I am not native English.
Dalavita
Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, February 13, 2004 at 13:52 (GMT -5)

The wolf sign is just another starsign you can have in adom.

By the way. If you have a pentium 3 500 mhz or more i'd recommend you to format your pc and get XP, SP1, newest drivers etc.
Warlord*
Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, February 13, 2004 at 19:11 (GMT -5)

If you just reinstall Win95, the programs should stay, but chances are the problem stays too. What I did always was to format drive C then install Win95 and the programs I needed again.

I agree, Win98 has way more problems than 95. Xp is pretty nice, has given only 1 blue screen to me so far :\
Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

3764 days, 9 hours and 36 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, February 13, 2004 at 20:00 (GMT -5)

Tried reinstalling ADOM?

Die Gedanken sind Frei
Portrait
@
Registered user
Q('_'Q)(>'_')>

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, February 15, 2004 at 04:56 (GMT -5)

Iridia: Lol i installed it 200 times and the same problem

Yes, i talked to my big brother and he said that if i re install windows it might clear the problem, but it could stay too, plus my internet connectionn wouldnt work for a while.

Well, i tried to re install it but my damn comp cant read the cd!!!

Enough!!

Im gonna buy a new computer soon. I have had enough of my crap computer XD

Im not gonna buy any really good comp, just something like 500mhz and fast net speed, i have a video card already.

Im not 100% sure if i buy a new comp, but i am 100% sure im gonna get MUCH faster internet connection!! Right now i am playing Hengband! its almost as good as ADOM, the dungeon levels are huge, though a nd some monsters are too silly, but thats my fav rogueliuke after adom, it got MANY race/class and it got even presonalaties. U can even write ur own back groun:P and it got bigger map, its harder in middle game, hey maybe its better than adom? nah, almost I suggest u try it^^

WELL NOW IM GONNA THROW THIS SHIT COMP THRU MY WINDOW!

Im not gonna msg much here until i get new comp so see ya!

Portrait
@
Registered user
Q('_'Q)(>'_')>

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, February 15, 2004 at 05:17 (GMT -5)

Hm, well. Argh.

Becouse im so addicted to ADOM Ill play the dos version, that works, er, somehow, i know its not wery important, other roguelikes doesnt even have these signs, but the dos version stays at the Wolf sign, and it sucks, i think.

It would be better it would stay in the "Candle" or "Cup" Sign:P

I just havta stay whit the wolf sign.

But still u should try Hengband.

Portrait
@
Registered user
Q('_'Q)(>'_')>

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, February 16, 2004 at 14:17 (GMT -5)

Still, i would be happy if anyone could help me whit that annoying sign problem.

All who are interested in Hengband look my thread in Roguelike

Portrait
Jonesy
Registered user
Liberate Te Ex Inferis

Last page view:

6514 days, 12 hours, 59 minutes and 20 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, February 16, 2004 at 15:50 (GMT -5)

I've seen it go on one sign for a while, but it changes after about 3 or 4 chars.

You can build a pretty good computer for about 300-500 nowdays.

"If God did not exist, it would be necessary to invent him."- Voltaire
"Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven."- John Milton, Paradise Lost
"Yesterday we obeyed kings and bent our necks before emperors. But today we kneel only to truth, follow only beauty, and obey only love."- Kahlil Gibran
"I may disagree with what you have to say, but I shall defend, to the death, your right to say it."- Voltaire.
"What is freedom of expression? Without the freedom to offend, it ceases to exist."-Salman Rushdie
Portrait
@
Registered user
Q('_'Q)(>'_')>

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, February 17, 2004 at 07:25 (GMT -5)

thx, Jonesy.
BUT OMG, I FIXED IT!! how? lol, i saw my computer clock year was 2060, changed it to 04, and now it works. why i dint think thatXD?

Case Solwed.

Portrait
Jonesy
Registered user
Liberate Te Ex Inferis

Last page view:

6514 days, 12 hours, 59 minutes and 20 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, February 17, 2004 at 18:47 (GMT -5)

Lol. Messing with the Windows clock screws with a lot of things.

"If God did not exist, it would be necessary to invent him."- Voltaire
"Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven."- John Milton, Paradise Lost
"Yesterday we obeyed kings and bent our necks before emperors. But today we kneel only to truth, follow only beauty, and obey only love."- Kahlil Gibran
"I may disagree with what you have to say, but I shall defend, to the death, your right to say it."- Voltaire.
"What is freedom of expression? Without the freedom to offend, it ceases to exist."-Salman Rushdie

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: