Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / Surge of power in the SMC

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Portrait
Majin
Registered user
Pierced

Last page view:

7315 days, 6 hours, 25 minutes and 13 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, February 19, 2004 at 02:15 (GMT -5)

my level one human mindcrafter just got a surge of power in the SMC, does he have ANY chance of killing the guardian? Guardians are tough normally, but in the SMC????
I dont usually play Mindcrafters, so...any suggestions?

What do you Wish for?_
Portrait
Morio
Registered user
Holy Champion of ADoM

Last page view:

3901 days, 13 hours, 5 minutes and 41 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, February 19, 2004 at 05:03 (GMT -5)

It depends on the aartifact its guarding.

"I don't know what World War 3 will be fought with, but I know World War 4 with be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein
Portrait
Majin
Registered user
Pierced

Last page view:

7315 days, 6 hours, 25 minutes and 13 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, February 19, 2004 at 06:34 (GMT -5)

The mindcrafter died, and the artifact was only the Ironfist gauntlets so it wasnt a big loss...

but my new human assassin just got an lawful eternium halbard of devastation in the smc!, so HE'S a keeper :)

What do you Wish for?_
the biz
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, February 19, 2004 at 11:09 (GMT -5)

make sure you dont fight on berserk, you risk dying as Im sure your DV value is low as it is, and the weapon itself deals enough damage so its like you are always berserk anyway, (minus the to hit)

plus it would be dumb to risk dying with a character that good. Thats the kind of weapon that will take you through the entire game!
Kryllion
Registered user

Last page view:

7046 days, 8 hours, 36 minutes and 54 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, February 19, 2004 at 11:47 (GMT -5)

I killed the guardian fairly easily in SMC when it came up for me - I was level 2, and I expect the guardian's strength was calculated the same way any other monster's was in SMC.

~Kryllion~
Master of the Screeching Humanling
Portrait
Armada
Registered user

Last page view:

1229 days, 2 hours, 56 minutes and 49 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, February 19, 2004 at 12:24 (GMT -5)

Guardians in the SMC are fairly annoying. I usually only go in there at level 1-3, when my characters are really weak. Ive got 2 surges of power in there. One was a displacer beast guarding the Whirlwind...Impossible to hit.

Another was a Writhing mass of primal chaos guarding something i cant remember...Both characters died

Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

3758 days, 23 hours, 33 minutes and 51 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, February 19, 2004 at 15:58 (GMT -5)

With a mindcrafter, I'd suggest confuse-and-grab tactics.

Die Gedanken sind Frei
Portrait
Jonesy
Registered user
Liberate Te Ex Inferis

Last page view:

6509 days, 3 hours, 32 minutes and 35 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, February 19, 2004 at 17:49 (GMT -5)

I got there around level 8 for my avatar char, got a surge of power (guardian in that room). Killed it, artifact was Shirt of the Saints (great one to get).

"If God did not exist, it would be necessary to invent him."- Voltaire
"Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven."- John Milton, Paradise Lost
"Yesterday we obeyed kings and bent our necks before emperors. But today we kneel only to truth, follow only beauty, and obey only love."- Kahlil Gibran
"I may disagree with what you have to say, but I shall defend, to the death, your right to say it."- Voltaire.
"What is freedom of expression? Without the freedom to offend, it ceases to exist."-Salman Rushdie
Alex_
Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, February 20, 2004 at 11:12 (GMT -5)

Armada, a named WMoPC? that's funny . . . can you remember what it was?
The Real J.
Registered user
The faceless swordsman

Last page view:

5616 days, 21 hours, 46 minutes and 17 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, February 20, 2004 at 11:13 (GMT -5)

Recently I got a surge of power in SMC as well. A level 1 gnomish beastfighter entered the SMC, only to be greeted with "You feel a surge of power".

"Oh great.", I thought, "I wish I don't meet the guardian and if I do hopefully it is not too tough."

No such luck. Having trespassed couple of rooms I opened a door and saw an orange @. "<foo>, the necromancer picks up iron gauntlets." "<foo>, the necromancer equips the iron gauntlets."

Now, think a battle between a level 1 gnomish beastfighter and an artifact guardian necromancer equipped with Ironfist. Any guesses on the outcome ? Yep. Didn't even make level 2. With two prayers for healing I only managed to get the ¤/(" to critically injured...

Good thing surges of power are rare in the SMC, have only had two of them so far IIRC...

J.

Sytytä toiselle tuli ja hän pysyy lämpimänä jonkin aikaa.
Sytytä hänet palamaan ja hän pysyy lämpimänä loppuelämänsä.
Portrait
Armada
Registered user

Last page view:

1229 days, 2 hours, 56 minutes and 49 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, February 20, 2004 at 11:26 (GMT -5)

I think it started with a J....Might have been Jargonecius? Or something equally random

*Majin*
Unregistered user
Posted on Sunday, March 28, 2004 at 06:18 (GMT -5)

Just got my second ever Smc surge of power, My gnomish bard (candle) started with 5 talents.
The guardian was Tre-Fell the owlbear guarding the stupid ironfist gauntlets.
Alchymist
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, December 12, 2012 at 08:46 (GMT -5)

Not quite SMC but my archer character has just picked up Whirlwind in the first level of UD. Level 5 when I got to the floor. By the time I'd been through the lesser vault of orcs and killed Yul the Werewolf and all his (many) summoned wolves I was level 9.

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: