Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / This stairway is very long...

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Some guy
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, February 19, 2004 at 18:46 (GMT -5)

I sometimes see the message "This stairway is very long..." when I go down a level, most often when I generate the water temple level for some reason. Does it mean anything? And don't give me a link to the ADOM guidebook because I'm 99 percent sure it's not there.

Edit: Oh yeah, I just remembered the other message I was going to ask about... a few steps after I enter the final level of the Tomb of the High Kings, I "hear a strange *ZAP*" but there's no monsters that could set off a light trap, or even a trap I can find. Does anybody know what either of these messages mean?

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 2/19/2004 at 18:51 (GMT -5) by its author]
Portrait
Jonesy
Registered user
Liberate Te Ex Inferis

Last page view:

6514 days, 13 hours, 56 minutes and 11 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, February 19, 2004 at 19:02 (GMT -5)

It just means that the level is taking longer than usual to be generated.

For the second one, I do not know.

"If God did not exist, it would be necessary to invent him."- Voltaire
"Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven."- John Milton, Paradise Lost
"Yesterday we obeyed kings and bent our necks before emperors. But today we kneel only to truth, follow only beauty, and obey only love."- Kahlil Gibran
"I may disagree with what you have to say, but I shall defend, to the death, your right to say it."- Voltaire.
"What is freedom of expression? Without the freedom to offend, it ceases to exist."-Salman Rushdie
Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

3764 days, 9 hours, 57 minutes and 27 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, February 19, 2004 at 19:34 (GMT -5)

Could have been a humanoid opening a door with a stun/light trap on it. Or just a light trap you haven't found yet.

Die Gedanken sind Frei
Some guy
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, February 19, 2004 at 19:43 (GMT -5)

Iridia's suggestion makes sense. I bet the Skeletal King tries to open the door to his little room, but it has a light trap on it.
Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

3764 days, 9 hours, 57 minutes and 27 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, February 20, 2004 at 09:45 (GMT -5)

Yipe! Careful, then... that light trap could stun you and dump you into that pirhana filled lake.

Unless, of course, the monster triggering it disarmed it?... does a monster triggering a door trap disarm the trap, just like when you do?

Die Gedanken sind Frei

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 2/20/2004 at 09:46 (GMT -5) by Iridia]
Alex_
Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, February 20, 2004 at 11:11 (GMT -5)

if it's a door trap, it can't go off twice though, can it?
Portrait
wakka
Registered user
Tha kitten slayer

Last page view:

6729 days, 5 hours, 58 minutes and 6 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, February 20, 2004 at 12:23 (GMT -5)

I'm not sure if it's always there, (I've only once got the RotHK in this version) but there was a light trap in the little room, under the skeleton. it tried to move, but the door was closed and kept setting the trap off. the funny thing was that the skelly was stunned, and didn't attack me so I could finish him off easily.

And my point was...
J.
Registered user
You'll never get rid of me

Last page view:

5672 days, 20 hours, 7 minutes and 37 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, February 20, 2004 at 15:02 (GMT -5)

The door in the TotHK is always trapped, and the Skeletal King often sets off the trap by trying to open the door. Sometimes he's still staggering by the time you get there.

Oh and it can only go off once, just as if you would try to open a trapped door.
If you're feeling happy, don't worry, it'll go away.

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: