Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / Finally...

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Achilles
Registered user
Mymirdon King

Last page view:

7016 days, 5 hours, 58 minutes and 59 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, February 20, 2004 at 15:49 (GMT -5)

Well, I finally won the game for the first time...with a human monk named Mercury (actually, I closed the gates and made it back to D:48)

This was a lucky character...in the black druids lair, I found a ring of weakness...and by the time I got the quest to clear out the ogre tribe, I had a bunch of stomemptia herbs...gained about 10 points of strength for that quest.

In the High King caverns, I got a large room full of stone giants...(grin, grin), got a bunch of stone giants climbing through the wilderness, add two titan corpses, and at this point in time, Mercury's strength is 84.

Found a bunch of potions of gain attributs (about 4 or 5), two rings of djinni summoning, and about 15 scrolls of chaos resistance (outside the guarenteed 12?) Used the djinnis for SoCR.

His other stats are about normal (22-25), except for dexterity(45),toughness(38)

What was nice, is that at this time, Mercury is a Grand Master in unarmed fighting (achieved at level 37), and his damage is (non berserk) +156 bonus to hit, 1d58+62 damage. DV/PV 111/38. Champion of Onn L+.

Great time.

"Not Zeus himself nor any other Power Shall save this madman who defies the Gods!"---Phoebus Apollo

[Edited 2 times, last edit on 2/20/2004 at 16:07 (GMT -5) by Achilles]
Portrait
Armada
Registered user

Last page view:

1234 days, 7 hours, 6 minutes and 12 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, February 20, 2004 at 16:10 (GMT -5)

Yea beastfighters seem to kick some major ass and have really good luck if you can keep them alive through the early game. i think 4 out of my top ten on the highscore is beastfighters, and i dont play them that often.

If i ever manage to win the game its going to be with one of them as well ;)

KoRnDogG
Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, February 20, 2004 at 16:53 (GMT -5)

He was talking about a monk...
Achilles
Registered user
Mymirdon King

Last page view:

7016 days, 5 hours, 58 minutes and 59 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, February 21, 2004 at 16:09 (GMT -5)

Well, Mercury the monk finally left the Drakalor Chain. He decided to do the filk quest...even though it was not needed. He got the TotRR...first time for me.

What was cool was after luring the emperor moloch out of the colorful level...he was having a tough time fighting it. The demon slaying quarrels did very little damage, and even then the moloch regenerated. Finally, Mercury went berserk, and killed the emperor moloch with one punch!!!

The message was, "You hit the emperor moloch with full force and slay it! The emperor moloch seems to shake for a moment as a vital organ ruptures, then falls to the ground!"...I didn't know that an instakill would work on something powerful...even though it worked on balors and regular molochs.

"Not Zeus himself nor any other Power Shall save this madman who defies the Gods!"---Phoebus Apollo
Portrait
Armada
Registered user

Last page view:

1234 days, 7 hours, 6 minutes and 12 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, February 21, 2004 at 17:39 (GMT -5)

Blah. i always get monks and beastfighters confused.

Still though, congrats

Warlord*
Unregistered user
Posted on Sunday, February 22, 2004 at 05:22 (GMT -5)

Indeed, congrats.
Portrait
Krusty
Registered user
the clown

Last page view:

5595 days, 11 hours, 31 minutes and 48 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, March 01, 2004 at 20:17 (GMT -5)

Congratulations.

Still looking for my first win =\

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: