Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / Who actually plays Fighters?

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Portrait
Majin
Registered user
Pierced

Last page view:

7320 days, 13 hours, 59 minutes and 11 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, February 27, 2004 at 21:23 (GMT -5)

I tried playing one once, but their main ability of increasing Pv just didnt cut it untill i was level 20+ when i could actually find some decent armour. I was getting only +4pv with the best protection kits i could find (armour, shield, bracers, amulet..)
At level 50 there all round attack is similar to the monks level six circular kick, and monks get great Dv anyway
They get to to a powerful 'bash' attack at level 40 for +20% damage and chance to stun, but barbarians get double damage at level 6 and triple at level 18.
They get a +50% bonus to there dodge dv at level 12, and a +10% chance of criticals at level 25
Assassins get a +20% chance of critical at level 25 and get there dodge bonus doubled at level 32.

So i think fighters aren't actually that great, assassins make much better combat fighters, and monks make great 'can't touch me' fighters who can even do insta-kills and learn spells alot easier, and barbarians just get so many hitpoints and do so much damage that Fighters are totally outclassed.

What do you Wish for?_

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 2/27/2004 at 21:24 (GMT -5) by Majin]
Portrait
@
Registered user
Q('_'Q)(>'_')>

Last page view:

6678 days, 17 hours, 51 minutes and 32 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, February 28, 2004 at 04:37 (GMT -5)

Dunno, they are pretty easy to play. Newbs maybe:O

<xxxxo~~~~oxxxx> SWORDCHUK

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 2/28/2004 at 04:37 (GMT -5) by @]
Dude
Unregistered user
Posted on Saturday, February 28, 2004 at 15:07 (GMT -5)

I'm occationaly a fighter. They have decent stats. But then again, barbarians are stronger. I guess the reason I play them is because they're pretty smart compared to barbarians.
Portrait
Morio
Registered user
Holy Champion of ADoM

Last page view:

3906 days, 20 hours, 39 minutes and 39 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, February 29, 2004 at 06:20 (GMT -5)

I prefer beastfighters because you don't have to think about what kind of weapons you are going to use.

"I don't know what World War 3 will be fought with, but I know World War 4 with be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein
Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

3764 days, 7 hours, 7 minutes and 49 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, February 29, 2004 at 08:38 (GMT -5)

I've been playing random characters lately; fighters come up often enough. I actually prefer them to barbarians because I like using spells, and fighters have a better chance of learning a few.

Die Gedanken sind Frei
Portrait
Armada
Registered user

Last page view:

1234 days, 10 hours, 30 minutes and 47 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, February 29, 2004 at 13:28 (GMT -5)

I enjoy playing fighters, one of my top 3 characters was actually one.

I like to do "Themed" characters, or at least play as a character from a book ive read or even base one of a TV show character. Fighters come up a lot.

Portrait
@
Registered user
Q('_'Q)(>'_')>

Last page view:

6678 days, 17 hours, 51 minutes and 32 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, February 29, 2004 at 13:31 (GMT -5)

I have lately played almost only Beastifghters. They Rule.

<xxxxo~~~~oxxxx> SWORDCHUK

Wakka*
Unregistered user
Posted on Sunday, February 29, 2004 at 13:36 (GMT -5)

if fighters were any good at smithing, I'd play them. mainly 'cause I like smiths, but they're lousy in melee, at least in the beginning.
when a fighter finds a moloch armour... the fun begins =)
Larrack
Unregistered user
Posted on Sunday, February 29, 2004 at 16:27 (GMT -5)

Wakka is right.. Dwarven fighters doing a little 'fixing up' of moloch armour become rather powerful. Remember that when you get over a certain PV, it gets VERY difficult for enemies to harm you..
Portrait
Krusty
Registered user
the clown

Last page view:

5595 days, 14 hours, 56 minutes and 23 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, March 01, 2004 at 20:13 (GMT -5)

I've got to admit, the only time I play fighters is when they come up on a random roll. But I wasn't aware that fighters have much chance of learning spells. I always had them on par with beastfighters and barbarians when it came to magic. Maybe I should give one a go....

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 3/1/2004 at 20:13 (GMT -5) by Krusty]
Portrait
wakka
Registered user
Tha kitten slayer

Last page view:

6729 days, 3 hours, 8 minutes and 28 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, March 02, 2004 at 09:55 (GMT -5)

I started a human fighter a few days ago. leveled him to 14 without much fuss, an he learned frost bolt too, not many castings, tho. (50 ish)anyway, they have decent skills, athletics, find weakness, archery, two weapon combat. the class powers are useless in the beginning. but somehow he's survived. with a shield and a spear, they have good dv. too bad they'll have to choose between herbalism and healing...

And my point was...

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: