Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / Beastfighters!!

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Portrait
@
Registered user
Q('_'Q)(>'_')>

Last page view:

6678 days, 12 hours, 16 minutes and 13 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, February 29, 2004 at 13:35 (GMT -5)

Man, They rule, why? listen: Take a human beastfighter born in month of cup, choose talent strong or learned. Then play. They are wery strong, u dont have to care what weapon to use, they get more pp than fighters do, i think, but first u need to learn how to read. At level 15 my beastfighter did somethin like +10 to dmg 1d12+20 :O they can do massive amounts of dmg! and they get resistant to poison at lvl6!! And they get good dv whot crappy armor! Can u find any weak points in them?!

<xxxxo~~~~oxxxx> SWORDCHUK

Portrait
Maelstrom
Registered user
The Knight of the Black Rose

Last page view:

3125 days, 12 hours, 17 minutes and 32 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, February 29, 2004 at 15:14 (GMT -5)

The resistance to poison is IMO a wasted ability. Most of my chars get resistance to poison BEFORE lvl 6, just about from the first spider they meet.
Weak points? Lots of them: no artefact weapons, no penetrating weapons, reading a simple spellbook of Web lasts a lifetime and drains health, teleports, opens pits beneath you and so on.
They also get some crappy crowining gifts

Spoiler
(ok, Fine Leather Armour is perfect for those already speedy wrestlers, Braces of War and Preserver are a dream, but who the hell uses Cloak of Oman or Boots of the Divine Messenger? And if a char has got a crappy crowning gift, you'll get it :P )

My lvl 23 Gnomish Beastfighter fell to my stupidity (OK, he fell to an energy blast from the Ancient Chaos Wyrm, but I had 8 blessed Potions of Extra Healing and 13 blessed speensweed. And 383 max hp. And didn't decided to hit the critially wounded bastard a few times before healing from 27 hp... And he got me to -51 hp in one hit. And I hate him :P ).
But he got a "threatning" tension room of Skeleton Kings on DH:1 (yeah, like that one

Spoiler
that guards the Ring of the High Kings...
only more experianced, those guys summoned tens of skeleton warriors, and didn't seem to get tired from it), and a Greater Titan at DH:2 (had 132 speed, so checked him with a blessed Statheoscope - 857 hp, ~50 DV, one eterinium arrow does ~150 damage).
He was fun, I am stupid, R.I.P. "Hunter".

But I still think Beastfighters suffer too much from the lack of weapons. BTW. his final "fist" stats on 'Berserk' were: +106 to hit, 1d24+41 damage. Or something close (not sure about the damage dice, it was 1d20somthing+40something)

A pessimist sees a dark tunnel.
An optimist sees a light at the end of that tunnel.
A realist sees a train.
And the train driver sees three idiots on the tracks.

[Edited 2 times, last edit on 2/29/2004 at 15:19 (GMT -5) by Maelstrom]
Larrack
Unregistered user
Posted on Sunday, February 29, 2004 at 16:15 (GMT -5)

Beastfighters are the best fighter class until you get a decent artifact weapon.. then you can't beat barbarians, fighters or rangers.
The Real J.
Registered user
The faceless swordsman

Last page view:

5621 days, 23 hours, 44 minutes and 56 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, March 01, 2004 at 02:58 (GMT -5)

Maelstorm: Crappy crowning gifts ? IMHO the crowning gifts for beastfighter are a lot better than the ones for e.g. bard. IMO three of the six crowning gifts for a bard are completely useless

Spoiler

Cat's Claw, Staff of Wanderer and Whirlwind. Well, maybe Whirlwind is not COMPLETELY useless but there are a lot better weapons available...

OTOH, beastfighters may get:

Spoiler

1. Boots of the Divine Messenger
2. Bracers of War
3. Cloak of Oman
4. Nature's Companion
5. Nature's Companion
6. Preserver

Out of these, IMHO, none can be considered useless and, IIRC, BoW are generally considered one of the best artifacts available. My latest BW got the boots and the speed boost is a nice addition to the already high speed of a beastfighter.

True, barbarians and fighters may use weapons and they get some quite nice artifact gifts. Rangers, OTOH, have two possible useless crowning gifts (at least IMO)

Spoiler

True Aim and Nature's Friend

Still, a beastfighter may effectively use missile weapons. My laters BW has been raising his thrown spears skill (got to level 6 or something pretty quickly in the big room). With thrown spears in high level and the RCT a beastfighter may get nice damage even without melee weapons.

J.

Sytytä toiselle tuli ja hän pysyy lämpimänä jonkin aikaa.
Sytytä hänet palamaan ja hän pysyy lämpimänä loppuelämänsä.
Portrait
@
Registered user
Q('_'Q)(>'_')>

Last page view:

6678 days, 12 hours, 16 minutes and 13 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, March 01, 2004 at 10:36 (GMT -5)

IMO Beastfighters are best!

<xxxxo~~~~oxxxx> SWORDCHUK

Achilles
Registered user
Mymirdon King

Last page view:

7016 days, 3 hours, 48 minutes and 15 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, March 01, 2004 at 13:56 (GMT -5)

Beastfighters are hard to beat.

"Not Zeus himself nor any other Power Shall save this madman who defies the Gods!"---Phoebus Apollo
Maastonakki
Registered user
A cute puppy

Last page view:

5831 days, 20 hours, 50 minutes and 48 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, March 02, 2004 at 11:04 (GMT -5)

if you can get a monk to level 25 I'd take that rather than a lvl 25 bs

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: