Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / THAT SHOULD NOT BE HERE!

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Portrait
@
Registered user
Q('_'Q)(>'_')>

Last page view:

6682 days, 19 hours, 51 minutes and 18 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, March 02, 2004 at 08:47 (GMT -5)

Lol! I got a nice char, human beastfighter, wery strong&he gains much skill advancements. Cool. I went to the sinister cavern and i was on level 1, Oh a small koblin, ill kill it, but then i got killed by a primal wrath of chaos... I dint get any immidiad danger msg, and i wasnt cursed/doomed.

Whats This?

<xxxxo~~~~oxxxx> SWORDCHUK

Maastonakki
Registered user
A cute puppy

Last page view:

5836 days, 4 hours, 25 minutes and 53 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, March 02, 2004 at 09:33 (GMT -5)

There propably was a corruption trap somewhere on the level and some stupid monster went forth and back with the ttarp until it got transformed in to a WMoPC... happened to me once, except it was a chaos mutant :)

Portrait
@
Registered user
Q('_'Q)(>'_')>

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, March 03, 2004 at 08:20 (GMT -5)

:) Maybe, i searched whole place but dint found traps

Illumi
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, March 03, 2004 at 11:35 (GMT -5)

Yes, this should not be here too. I was just a lvl 9 hurthling bard one level below the Big Room, there was a river travelling through a tension room.

The tension room . . . is full of Ogre Magus!!!

Then they saw me . . .and i don't see them . . .

Thought of running away, but it was too late.
Portrait
Armada
Registered user

Last page view:

1238 days, 12 hours, 30 minutes and 33 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, March 03, 2004 at 11:49 (GMT -5)

Tension rooms are known to generate out of depth monsters, ive had worse, ogre magi arent that bad.

Try going to ID:1 for the first time, no exp gained or anything, first dungeon i visited, and coming upon a Gray Slayer.

Portrait
@
Registered user
Q('_'Q)(>'_')>

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, March 03, 2004 at 14:23 (GMT -5)

The Truth is out there...

Portrait
Krusty
Registered user
the clown

Last page view:

5599 days, 16 hours, 56 minutes and 9 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, March 03, 2004 at 19:42 (GMT -5)

I think that Ogre Magi ARE particularly hard monsters considering the level of the PC that has to face them. Especially before aquiring some means of see invis. Also cold resistance is not as easily gained as others like poison or fire IMHO. Those cold attacks can hammer a low level PC. They are often generated in the upper levels of the CoC and also in the PC and VD/DD.
Portrait
@
Registered user
Q('_'Q)(>'_')>

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, March 04, 2004 at 13:29 (GMT -5)

Hey! I know!
Scroll Forward to know why that happenned;)

I just have bad luck, that is.lol

J.
Registered user
You'll never get rid of me

Last page view:

5676 days, 19 hours, 17 minutes and 45 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, March 04, 2004 at 15:09 (GMT -5)

Ogre magi are difficult monsters for low level chars. They're quite rare, however, you might just as well run into another out-of-depth monster during your travels. If you can't kill it, run away and return to slay it after leveling up a few times.
If you're feeling happy, don't worry, it'll go away.

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."
Illumi
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, March 04, 2004 at 18:22 (GMT -5)

:D

@, i think so too. I had purposely killed some friendly monsters in D:2 and D:3 in order to switch alighment from L to N=. Perhaps this affects karma. A lot.

J, i was about to do the same ^^ Too bad there were > 20 Ogre Maga in the room + the river was exposing the room without any door blocking the view, my poor char was in the ice bolt range of 4 of them.

So 1 -- 2 -- 3 -- 4, Claire is dead.

had a chance to escape if moved at once when the "Ogre Magus disappears" message was generate though . . .

slow reaction time is the problem

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 3/4/2004 at 18:35 (GMT -5) by its author]
J.
Registered user
You'll never get rid of me

Last page view:

5676 days, 19 hours, 17 minutes and 45 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, March 06, 2004 at 02:29 (GMT -5)

Those monster pits can be NASTY. Like when going through the UD to the HMV with a beginning char, then stumbling on a vortex pit with 30 vortices. Bye bye char.

That or having a room full of tough monsters generated next to the stairs when going through DH the first time(I don't like the animated forest, boring). Ghost lord rooms are fun but my favourite was a room full of great black wyrms. My char had a fate similar to yours with the ogre magi, he lived one turn after seeing the wyrms(they can spit acid a LONG way, 20 squares or sth).

Though in the end game they can be fun. A trollish barbarian of mine had great fun cleaning a pit of 40 titans. Had to lure them off the level at some point since it was on a cavernous level but good exp.
If you're feeling happy, don't worry, it'll go away.

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."
mopgoblin
Registered user

Last page view:

6969 days, 4 hours, 23 minutes and 3 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, March 06, 2004 at 19:53 (GMT -5)

I encountered the same thing with a dwarven monk - a "room" full of titans on a cavernous level (although there was a corridor connecting two open areas, so I didn't have to lure them to the level above). Went from level 27 to 37, I think.

Last time I was killed by a (relatively) nasty monster was on the way back from the level below the animated forest. I was foolish enough to let a frost giant follow me up to DH1 while trying to get out as quickly as possible, then got stuck between the frost giant and a vampire (not very nasty by DH standards, but I wasn't tough enough to kill either of them at that point) in a corridor with no means of teleportation or digging, and no useful magic. Quite disappointing, as both a lawful altar and a forge were generated on D9 in that game.
Portrait
Morio
Registered user
Holy Champion of ADoM

Last page view:

3910 days, 22 hours, 39 minutes and 25 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, March 07, 2004 at 11:28 (GMT -5)

I once met about 20 Ice Vortices in the big room when I was playing a Drakeling, I had Ice resistance but my speed went down to about 10-20.
before the other monsters killed me.

"I don't know what World War 3 will be fought with, but I know World War 4 with be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: